• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Voice acting, maybe?

What do you think about voice actung in the 5th Gen?

• Total voters

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
  • Okay. Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmVOQtJjXs&playnext_from=TL&videos=dafwD_iuxI0&feature=sub

Okay you got it? Good. Now pause it at the time 4:32. You should see a pokedex entry of Pokabu. But that's not the main point. Look at the bottom left hand of the screen. It says: "Voice". What do you think this means? Are they abandoning the old cries and bringing in voice actors? Or is it a new feature?

confused english speaker is confused.

It is the same as Cry to us. It will be changed to Cry when NOA goes through it. They make those changes so people don't freak out like you are right now.

UmbreonUniverse

ブラッキー
    Years
  • Maybe you don't record voices in the beginning, but you could record "Go, (insert Pokemon name here)!" after you catch it so you wouldn't be waiting so long for actual gameplay.
    Yeah but instead of "Go!" they could say something childish like swear words etc now this would be a good idea but after a while you will start to hear other things.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I don't think he means us recording what to say but the Pokemon yelling for instants "Pika! Pikachu!" Randomly...

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I don't think that it would be a good idea.
    like others have said,someone could say something bad and nobody could change it.
    so no,I don't think this a good idea.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I don't really like voice acting in any games, ever. What do you people have against reading? (That's a joke, for the record.)

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • Please, no. Wifi would be full of "GO PENIS!" and "SUCK MY GENITILIA", as if it weren't full of it enough already.

This made me RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLL. Its true though, i havent been on wifi battles unless some1 invited me but i mean NVM XD.

I think it would be a good idea if the pokemon had their cries i love pokemon yellow how pikachu says his actual voice ITS AWESOME.

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Voice acting would be interesting. Though Pokemon has made me a fast reader, it could have voice acting with the words the person is saying.

Although, knowing Nintendo, the voice acting would be kinda off. No offense to Nintendo, though.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It would be pretty cool to hear actual pokemon cries like in the anime?

NO

And smaller no's to all your ideas. I just think it would be horrible.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Okay. Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmVOQtJjXs&playnext_from=TL&videos=dafwD_iuxI0&feature=sub

Okay you got it? Good. Now pause it at the time 4:32. You should see a pokedex entry of Pokabu. But that's not the main point. Look at the bottom left hand of the screen. It says: "Voice". What do you think this means? Are they abandoning the old cries and bringing in voice actors? Or is it a new feature?

It means Cry/Cries, there probably isnt a japanese equivalent for it.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Oh no thank you. :P Plus doesn't Chatot have that move that you use a microphone for? (Forgot what it's called.)

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Oh no thank you. :P Plus doesn't Chatot have that move that you use a microphone for? (Forgot what it's called.)

It's called Chatter, I think.

Anyways, come on guys, it wouldn't be all that bad.

I mean...have you ever played Metroid Prime? Well, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption came with voice acting, and it was a little sketchy at first, but it created such a great impact on the game.

Also, some of my friends refuse to play Pokemon unless there is voice acting. They get annoyed of just reading what a guy is saying without actually getting to hear the guy's voice.

However, if you don't want voice acting just for the sake of staying old school, I can see what you mean.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • that would be kinda cool! but maybe instead of the species, the nickname? you can already nickname it whatever. and that'll make nicknames more special!

kasabian_

Good bye
    Years
  • You gotta wonder when voice acting could be applied to the game - voice acting doesn't come cheap, and with six languages to make recordings for (Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish and Italian) it's going to be really costly. That, and Nintendo of America can't pick or pay for decent voice actors if their life depended on it.

Of course, TPC probably wouldn't mind funding voice actors for the Japanese version (keeping in mind that Nintendo Co. Ltd does have the money to contract a voice acting or production company), and those RPG-like trainer portrait scenes would certainly be suited to voice acting. In other scenes, it would probably sound awkward.

Seconded.
    I see why some of you want it, but, the original is still the best, and It always will be xD

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
  • Seconded.
    I see why some of you want it, but, the original is still the best, and It always will be xD

But that is your opinion. The point is, it is an idea that could possibly be used in the future. If Pokemon decides to do it, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing ANYBODY could do about it. I mean, when they had several characters leave the show, they keep adding more and more Pokemon, they even had the balls to add contests. Really? Nobody likes any of those features much anymore. The people who did most likely never watched and played it from the beginning. So, if it happens, you can complain about it. Or you can deal with it and play along with the Pokemon Company like I have been forced to (I ztill lovez thoze monz) put up with it for 6 years now.

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Hmm...you have all made some really good points.

But, seriously, it's time for Nintendo to make some big changes. For a long time they have been just adding stuff, little by little, and some of that stuff doesn't even change the game a little bit. It's time that Nintendo actually does something different, and I think this should be one of those changes. It would be like a whole new era of Pokemon.

Back