• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Voldemort or Sephiroth?

Who is the most EEEVIIIL? Sephiroth or Voldemort?

• Sephiroth

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Voldemort

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I can't decide ;.;

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I don't know who Sephiroth/Voldemort is ;~;

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    I thought of this one day after watching Advent Children for the sixth time and reading Harry Potter right after.

In a contest of over all evil-ness, who would win? The head villain in Harry Potter, Voldemort, or the nefarious little Jenova baby from Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth?

Sephiroth for me. *votes*

Last edited:

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Lol, such a random poll. We all know Sephiroth owns any HP related character, actually, now that I think of it, I even think Haruka could defeat Volermolt (doesn't care about spelling).

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Well, you could argue that Sephiroth wasn't really 'evil' (he was just insane). I don't really know that much about Voldemort other than that he's the Harry Potter villain and he killed Harry's parents (or something like that), so I really can't make a fair decision here. I must say that FF7 > Harry Potter though.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I'll say its got to be Sephiroth.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Does nobody here read Harry Potter??? Well, if you don't you should know that Voldemort's a murderer, he has an extremly long backstory of why he came to do this. He is "racist" and can be compared to Hitler in the sense that Hitler wanted only to have people who were blond and blue eyed (yet he wasn't himself) and Voldemort only wants pure bloods on his side (and he isn't himself, he's half-blood), and will kill anyone who is not. If they refuse to join, they're dead. He's pitiless. Even some of Voldemort's followers were scared of him, he would kill anyone that disobeyed him or "just" torture them. His followers were even scared to go and find him when he had been taken from his body and denied they were faithful to him and went back to they're normal lives. His followers were probably even more scared of him than the rest of the magical community because they denied ever being loyal to him, and he knew that, and they were scared. In the next couple of books one of his followers did one of the plans wrong, so after Lucius was put in Azkaban Voldemort then went and got Lucius's son, Draco, to make him kill Dumbledore for him. Voldemort's plan was that Draco would get killed while trying to do this, never wanting him to succeed, and so Draco dying would be Lucius's punishment for messing up the plan. Draco, obsessed with the Dark Arts, thought it would be great to become a follower, but only realised how much danger he was in half way through the school year. If he wan't killed by Dumbledore, he would be killed by Voldemort...wait, I've completly gone off the point. :laugh:

Voldemort would win. Avada Kedavra to Sephiroth! He could block anything that Sephiroth did and kill him in a second.

Last edited:

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    Though Advent Children looks highly entertaining to me, I haven't seen it so I don't really know much about Sephiroth and I'm a HP fan so... Voldemort.

EDIT:

Jorah, you should've put spoiler tags around that. Some members here might not've known about that in Harry Potter and didn't want to know about it unitl they reached that part.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    come on people.....destroying all life and damaging the planet by meteror/dark materia,JUST to become a GOD isn't evil?!!!!!!

sephiroth PWNS....

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    I feel slightly soiled for posting here.

The question is who is more evil, kids, not who would win in a fight. In fact, I'm inclined to assume many who voted for Sephiroth did so because he's of these…these "bishi" things you PC goers seem to revere and worship (and possibly get off to). This alone makes me sad. Large Japanese weaponry and silver hair a good villain does not make.

Who is more evil? Voldemort. I am no great fan of Harry Potter, but to answer this question incorrectly would require two retarded people to procreate and spawn a child whose mind was only a dark void that obliterated any possible chance of intelligence. He MIGHT get this wrong. MIGHT.

Let's take a gander at their respective careers, shall we? Sephiroth actually helped people for the majority of his life as a top-rank SOLDIER, exterminating monsters and what-not. Only after he learns of Jenova does he turn away from this cause. But does he then wallow in the grim thoughts of pure evil? No. He is consumed by the shadows of madness. Sephiroth is far more insane than he is bad. Insane and traumatized to the point where he believes his path to be a divine course of action that must be traversed to restore balance and enact judgment. Yes, he kills some people on his way and summons a meteor to devastate the planet; evil. I'll give you that, it was VERY evil, but he did it because he thought he was doing the only right thing (helping his mother) and it was done more out of madness than anything else. Still though, I can't refute that he is actually a bad guy, just not to the degree his foe in this debate is (the fact that his final attack would have killed him as well and he knew this is enough proof).

Sephiroth is evil, but more so he was insane.

Voldemort, however, just started killing people. He created a sect that killed people. He killed people for the hell of it. Voldemort is actually the blackest of evils, where tortured screams and maimed corpses lie in his wake.

In a battle, who knows? We have no basis for comparison, since the two worlds are completely separate. For all we know, Sephiroth could dispel Avada Kedavra or whatever. I'll offer no guess to this. I'd say that if Sephiroth leaped out and whacked Voldemort, he'd easily win, but he seems to be the type who doesn't attack so deceitfully. I'm undecided here.

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Dactylus:

I guess you could say that Voldemort and Sephiroth have two totally different kinds of evil, but exactly who dominates the category is hard to decipher if you put it that way.

Voldemort, as Jorah explained, kills mostly people he despises such as muggle-borns and people like Harry Potter. He chooses who to kill, unlike Sephiroth who just blatantly kills at will. You could say that he is insane, yes, but you could never say he isn't evil. He is definitely that. His type of insanity wasn't just being messed up in the head. You could say he had his mommy's genes.

Last edited:

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    huh?!!!!voldi-whatever kills more???!!!!dudes.....meteor+planet=death of all life on planet

I ain't gonna go to this thread anymore.....:laugh:

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    Voldemort, because that is the only one I have heard of.

However, the Cybermen and the Daleks are much more evil than either of those two.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    Chase Leader said:
    Hmm lets see who has the materia and very long sword...thats right no competition AT ALL!

Haha, this is exactly the kind of person I was talking about before. But hey, guys, let's not crush his hopes. We'll just humor him. Yes, Chase Leader, having those two items automatically makes one evil. In fact, it's the same reason Cloud is evil. And why Zack was evil. And if you meant he'd win in a fight instead of who is more evil, don't rule out the ability to kill at will with two words.

Spoony~Chan said:
    Dactylus:

I guess you could say that Voldemort and Sephiroth have two totally different kinds of evil, but exactly who dominates the category is hard to decipher if you put it that way.

Voldemort, as Jorah explained, kills mostly people he despises such as muggle-borns and people like Harry Potter. He chooses who to kill, unlike Sephiroth who just blatantly kills at will. You could say that he is insane, yes, but you could never say he isn't evil. He is definitely that. His type of insanity wasn't just being messed up in the head. You could say he had his mommy's genes.

Actually, I disagree completely. Sephiroth does not blatantly kill at will, to the best of the gamers knowledge. At no time does it even show him having killed anyone after the Library incident except for some Shinra guards and that humongous snake beast. In fact, you visit towns where you're told that he passed through, and it seems that nobody died.

Sephiroth actually kills very sparsely. His evil lies in the fact that, even though he believes it to be the right cause, he wants to kill off the planet.

And I'd say Voldemort kills anyone he wants whenever he wants, since nobody can actually oppose him. We don't know from the books that he mostly killed muggles, just that he hates them. I will say that you're right in saying he chooses many of the targets, and it's that kind of cunning that makes him more powerful.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I'd have to say Voldemort. I mean, come on... Trying to kill an INFANT?! *laughs* I don't know, really. I haven't done much with Sephiroth, and being an HP junkie since I was in the third grade, Voldemort will always be the utlimate evil...

Plus... How can this be evil...?

Voldemort or Sephiroth?

:P

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Dactylus said:
    Actually, I disagree completely. Sephiroth does not blatantly kill at will, to the best of the gamers knowledge. At no time does it even show him having killed anyone after the Library incident except for some Shinra guards and that humongous snake beast. In fact, you visit towns where you're told that he passed through, and it seems that nobody died.
    Maybe I went a little out of the way when I said "blatantly," but Sephiroth, now that I think about it, is really a lot like Voldemort--they both pretty much kill anyone in their way.

The time in the game that I had in mind was when you first hear that he's near in the Shinra laboratory where you meet RedXIII. Everyone that was in his wake was killed just because he wanted to get to his mother. Madness, but still you'd have to say his madness is not the good kind.

Heh, Nagoyaka-san...Aeris looks like the non-evil one. Sephiroth seems a bit disgruntled o.O' (I thought I killed you...?) *snigger*

And remember everyone, this is not a battle in strength! It's a match between who is the most evil and/or the best villain. If you don't know who one or the other is, don't vote for the one you know. There's a reason I made that last option >P

Last edited:
    Back