• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Voltorb Theory

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
Years
  • I've been thinking about Voltorb lately after reading the Pokedex entry for it in Sapphire. Saying how it was rumored to be created in a poke ball lab after a powerful serge of energy hit a poke ball. But then that made me think, what if the rumor was true and they just did that to other poke balls, like great balls and such? Then we would have all type of different Voltorbs and Electrodes. Like a net ball Voltorb has the appearance of a net ball and it would have a moveset that's strong against water and bug type Pokemon.

I think it would be an interesting way to change an old Pokemon. What do you think?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    That's a cool thought I think, but seriously that idea might never be considered by nintendo, lol. Still that is a cool idea.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
  • And what would happen for the Masterball Voltorb/Electrode, it'll either be a legendary or an invincible Pokemon basically.
    Actually I think it'd be better if they gave it one hit K.O. moves, which almost never hit so he wouldn't be completely invincible.

Shiori-Hikaru

Classy Pumpkin Cutie
    Years
  • I've kind of wondered the same thing before..
    It'd make me dislik Voltorb a lot less if Nintendo actually did that, that's for sure.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    That would be great, but I doubt it will happen. Since DP came out I kinda thought that Voltorb was a pokeball possessed by a Rotom.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    That's a good idea... To my knowledge though, with the exception of the GS Ball, the anime assumes there is only the Pokeball type of ball out there.
    Thus I don't think it'd work for the anime, but in the game that would be interesting.

Gotta wonder who actually created Voltorb though...

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It's probably just one or two PokeBalls that were electrically charged and transformed into a Pokemon. Thereafter, the Voltorb just reproduce on and on (their reproduction and evolutionary methods remain a mystery). If that were the case, then there wouldn't be any GreatBall Voltorbs and Electrodes. I do recall the Shiny Voltorb being blue, though, which explains the GreatBall, though as "one in a million". To my knowledge of the PokeDex entry, Voltorb's creation was just something that messed up in the creation of a PokeBall. Since there is only one GS Ball, I doubt there will be any Voltorbs made out of the GS Ball.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • what's this? voltorb actually has some love now? I'll have to give a thumbs up to this theory, first one I've seen in a long time that was acually good >(I think ash's dad is giovanni)<

Oh how there would be endlesss types of Voltorbs to boot.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Relyt said:
    And what would happen for the Masterball Voltorb/Electrode, it'll either be a legendary or an invincible Pokemon basically.

Possibly, but the Master Ball as we know is able to catch any wild Pokémon without fail. Thus Voltorb's ability should be able to attack without fail, or be able to defeat the other Pokémon without fail.

But;

Actually I think it'd be better if they gave it one hit K.O. moves, which almost never hit so he wouldn't be completely invincible.

If that were the case, I believe that either the Speed or Defense stat would have to be significantly low.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    what about voltorb production????

does a person buy pokeballs then turn them into voltorbs???
    that would be stupid.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Voltorb isn't even the size of a normal PokeBall, is it? Did the surge heat it up, cause it to expand (making it easy for it to explode), and melt the 2 parts of the ball together (since we've never seen Voltorb open)? Makes sense to me!

BountyHunter15

Helpful Foe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    Wow this is such a good theory. And it got me thinking.
    Maybe to get different type voltorbs you let it hold the pokeball you want to turn it into.
    Or, you give it a pokeball and take it to a lab and they morph it.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • If they made more Voltorb obviously people would choose the strongest one, which i think would be Ultra ball Voltorb...But maybe it could just morph with level..Like from lvl 2-30 it would be pokeball, 31-50 Great ball 51-100 Ultra ball

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • That's a good idea... To my knowledge though, with the exception of the GS Ball, the anime assumes there is only the Pokeball type of ball out there.
    Thus I don't think it'd work for the anime, but in the game that would be interesting.

Gotta wonder who actually created Voltorb though...

Actually, in an unreleased episode, I do believe Safari Balls were used. However, the episode was never released, (outside of Japan) and the Pokemon caught later appeared in standard, ordinary Pokeballs, from there on. The Legend of Dratini; banned because of firearms being aimed towards human characters. (namely, Ash)

Also, I believe a Green Pokeball was seen in the first ever Episode of the Pokemon Anime.

Other than those, and the GS Ball, though, I've not heard of any others. Namely because I only stuck with the Anime for the first series.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    And I'm sitting here wondering how they bred and made more Voltorb.

You've got me wondering too o.o

But, there are so many Voltorb in the wild .. They couldn't possibly be all created in a lab, can they :x

Back