• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait that exists?!

droomph

weeb
    Years
    What features or moves, abilities, etc did you not find out about until recently or just when you needed them?

For me, it was Lucario's Steadfast ability. Holy hell is it useful for Cyrus' Crobat when you're underleveled.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    In all honesty.. I find out about abilities when they're used on me like trying to sleep powder an Espeon only to learn about Magic Bounce :(

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    A lot of moves in Gen V like Magma Storm and Leaf Blade I had never heard of until I got these games. There are still countless moves and abilities I probably have yet to come across.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2013
    A lot of moves in Gen V like Magma Storm and Leaf Blade I had never heard of until I got these games. There are still countless moves and abilities I probably have yet to come across.

You know both those moves are from older generations. Leaf blade is known by ash's Sceptile and MagmaStorm is the signature move of Heatran

Virgilin

Salmon Fishing in Vulcan
    Years
    I didn't know about any Dream World abilities until I started to hangout on Showdown! Apparently most good physical attacker have the ability Moxie. (ex. Gyarados, Heracross) Who knew?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    It's not the moves or abilities existence that I get surprised by, but rather the first time I get to see their in-game animations. Like, just the other day, I saw Nightmare's animation for the very first time. It looked too cool for a move that bad. :(

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    For me was by accident. I didn't know that one of my Watchog had Illuminate as its ability (I used to believe that it only had Keen Eye as its ability). I remember just trying to explore Lost Iron forest and around Route 16, for some reason lots of Pokemon kept showing up, more than normal. Thats when I read about its ability, about making Pokemon encounters in the wild more likely.

Years
    I can't say that it was something that I learned that recently, but if I hadn't gotten Memento through Metronome, I would've had no clue the move existed. Considering all it does is knock your own Pokemon out to lower the opponent's attack, I can see why I'd never known of it prior, as it seems to be a pretty useless move.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    To be honest, I kind of forgot pokemon even had abilities until I read this since I never really cared too much about them in the first place.

Back