• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Wait, why was Kris not in again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • I don't know if those were the real reasons those were my guesses
    maybe kris just wasn't that popular, or it could have something to do with the fact that crystal was nowhere near as popular as gold and silver
    I'm not sure.
    Maybe that could be a reason.Maybe Kris wasn't really that popular.....

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Bulbapedia is not fact! But it pretty much sums up everything I think and words it better.

Leaf was originally gonig to be the female choice in Red Green and Blue but perhaps for originally beleiving that it would never catch on with a female audience took her out and redesigned her for FR/LG.

Kris was for Crystal only , but she too was redesigned ,albeit radically for the remake. Maybe the design of Soul was going to orignally be Kris back then.

derozio

Years
  • Many believe that Kris is redesigned to form Soul. I am not one of those believers and thus want Kris to be different from that girl. I WANT A CAMEO!(This has been said by me over a dozen of times XD!)

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • About Soul/Hearts "ugly" clothes, wierd hair and HUGE hat... You know, Gold and Silver aren't really supposed to be in the Real World, it's a parallel universe (atleast that is the most spred theory), and so, the fashion sense is clearly different. Come to think about it, are there really ANY characters in the Pokémon games that are lookin' normal? Think about it. (I don't want SPAM:s claimin' that there is, I just want to make a point.) Think of it in that way, and it doesn't sound that odd, does it?

EDIT: Read post below, it really makes sense

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Many believe that Kris is redesigned to form Soul. I am not one of those believers and thus want Kris to be different from that girl. I WANT A CAMEO!(This has been said by me over a dozen of times XD!)

Or maybe Soul was the original design of the female player choice in GS and Kris was the redesign for Crystal. Then this new design is a revamp of the earlier Sugimori design that was going to be used in Gold and Silver that was also redesigned as Kris for Crystal,hence why Kris is not showing up in the game in any shape or form.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • Or, since the game comes before the manga and anime, that was how she was supposed to be and there was a problem with the colors then they just went with it and now that they have the technology that didn't happen in HG/SS resulting in the two characters rather than the originally planned one, which is why Gold looks the exact same (or pretty close to it)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    She is not in because they needed something new :)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Kris died. That's why she's not in the new one. Most of the original GSC games ran out of batteries. Kris died in Crystal. They couldn't revive her so the new girl was born just for this game.

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahah that just made my day! That was hilarious!

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Kris died. That's why she's not in the new one. Most of the original GSC games ran out of batteries. Kris died in Crystal. They couldn't revive her so the new girl was born just for this game.

You just won the thread D8

キラキラ

KiraKira
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Has no one seen the screenshot with Kris in it?
    She makes a cameo appearance if not a side character/partner kind of thing.

derozio

Years
  • Has no one seen the screenshot with Kris in it?
    She makes a cameo appearance if not a side character/partner kind of thing.
    Have you seen any screenshot like that? I really have not seen any screenshot like that.

derozio

Years
  • WHAT??????? I actually didn't expect that to happen, but... Can I see it? Is it a japanese-only picture or what????
    I don't think that there is any screenshot like that.(Already said by me!) lol XD. If there would have been then it would have immidiately made BIG news.

derozio

Years
  • OK. My heart pounded a bit there...
    Seriously! I too was surprised! But its not true anyways...
    I am going to write this sentence in every of my post that discusses Kris/Soul: KRIS FANS DO NOT HATE SOUL AND I STILL SAY SOUL IS NOT UGLY to avoid some misunderstandings. I still think that Kris should get a cameo.
    (Remember I am not one of those who think Soul=Kris and thus my answer.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back