• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walkthrough map of Indigo League

Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen yesterday
I am looking a map that briefly details all that characters encounter (basically what pokemon and their numbers and characters) when travelling during the season of Indigo League. Sure there are the episode details in Bulbapedia but it makes distance hard to judge. Has someone already created such a type of map?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Found a map on Reddit of Ash's journey. Details only the path, not the characters, Pokemon, or number of episodes.
Reddit Kanto Anime Map.jpg

Wandered all over the place. Already feels too full of information, honestly. Includes some amount of guesswork as well, due to anime-exclusive locations.

Example: The route from Celadon City to Fushcia City. Earns the badge in Episode 26. Implies a path through Saffron City in Episode 29, given a Fighting-type tournament and a gym. Passes through Gringy City and a dam construction area before reaching Fushcia City in Episode 32. Where would you place this information?

Might find Serebii's information on episodes helpful for creating your own map, if so desired. Lists the characters, Pokemon, and who the Pokemon belong to (if anyone) on each episode's page.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen yesterday
So it is correct to say that the Pokemon Red and the Indigo League share all the same locations but anime has more? Any chance you could explain the map a little. I can get that the ? numbers join up but I get a little lost as some expisodes don't seem to have any means to join up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Yes. Visits most of the places in Pokemon Red. Added several nameless locations and some named ones in the anime. Travels to Porta Vista and Maiden's Peak (both port towns) after the sinking of the SS Anne, as an example. Heads to Saffron City from there.

Labeled this map a bit strangely. Hooks up the big pink-ish ?1 and ?2 between Celadon and Fushcia with the example from the earlier post. May be easier to list locations for the small purple ?1 and ?2 area. Begins this list at Cinnabar Island to help orient you.

Episode 56-57: Cinnabar Island
Episode 58: Heading to the mainland, likely north
Episode 59: Cerulean City
Episode 60-61: Viridian City
Episode 62: A circus on the way back to Pallet Town, so likely Route 1. Ends in Pallet Town.
Episode 63: From a beach to the North Pole. Rescues a Jynx for Santa.
Episode 64: Somewhere cold. Gets caught in a snowstorm, though. Apparently intended to air this after Episode 37 (Pikachu's Goodbye). Shuffled it around after removing Cyber Soldier Porygon.
Episode 65 (?1): New Island. Contains a secret laboratory. Created Mewtwo there. Is located near Pallet Town, supposedly.
Episode 66: Seafoam Islands
Episode 67 : Probably near Seafoam Islands, or perhaps south of Fushcia City. Went surfing. May be the start of "?2" on the map.
Episode 68: Starts in Pallet Town. Goes to Xanadu Nursery (a greenhouse) nearby.
Episode 69: A movie set
Episode 70: Starts in Pallet Town. Goes to Hollywood. Might be the last "?2" location.
Episode 71: Starts in Pallet Town. Goes to Mt. Hideaway.
Episode 72: The ruins of Pokemopolis. Suggests Pallet Town to be the closest town.
Episode 73: Starts in Pallet Town. Heads to Indigo Plateau. Sees it at the end of the episode.
Episode 74-80: Pokemon League

Spent a lot of time somewhere near Pallet Town, but not in it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
When people go with distance, there are two examples we can use. What Devalue posted is actually really good. But anyway:

For we know Ash had been with Pikachu for about a year by the time we get to the third movie. Which is when they are in the Johto region. Kanto is not the biggest region and is honestly fairly small. The Orange Islands took about that time, If I had to guess, the islands would have taken about a month given the idea each episode is a new day and there are 36 episodes. At most, I'd say it would take around.... 2 months? Best idea is to count each episode as a day to three days. But remember that the anime, at least Kanto, is very inconsistent with time. At one point we go from Ash not having many wins to him have like 50+ wins against other trainers we never see. They are just mentioned.

Now for the second way, in the manga, Ruby and Sapphire had a contest in which would last 80 days. This was to get every gym badge or all the ribbons. They rushed the entire time so they wouldn't lose to one another. Given the size of Hoenn compared to Kanto, it would probably only take two months to go everywhere in Kanto, not including extra areas.

Now I have 1 more idea, one that I sometimes use when writing. Count the amount of steps between each town while walking and then divide by 3 or 4. I can't remember the number exactly that I used to divide by. But whatever the number is before you divide, that is how many days is between each town. This obviously takes a lot of time and you have to have every game.

As for your idea in terms of pokemon and people, your best bet is to use Serebii, go to each episode and look to the right side and it will list what pokemon appeared. What trainers ect. And if they are named trainers, go to bulbapedia and look for the trainer there.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Going to add this and I will edit it as I rewatch the Indigo League. I can get to right before Devalue's list begins. Going by how things are said, it is very possibly that the original series was following real life time . So like two episodes would be two weeks ect.

Note: This is based on the English Dub.

Episode 1 and 2 = One day between Pallet and Veridian City. Three Pallet trainers made it there in less time. But it took Ash's father four days. Ash was running the entire time.

Episode 3 and 4 = A week in Veridian Forest.

Episode 5 = Stated Ash had been on his journey for two weeks by the time he challenged Brock. He spends two days in Pewter.

Episode 6 to 8 = Possibly took three days between Pewter and Cerulean City and spent a least a day in Cerulean

Episode 9 = States he had been on his Journeys for about two months.

Episode 10 and 11 = (Bulbasaur and Charmander catches) It is stated that they had been walking to Vermillion City for 11 days, but had gotten lost and were not taking the route. Route 24 seems to be south of Cerulean City and stated that they would be 'following the water'.

Episode 12 = (Squirtle Catch) He spent at least two days dealing with the Squirtle Squad. He had also caught up with Gary at this point.

Episode 13 - They get lost again and arrive at the Lighthouse. At this point Gary has caught 45 pokemon. Trivia: The giant Dragonite could have possibly been related to the Giant Pokemon on Giant Pokemon Isle. If you listen to the cry, this was probably originally supposed to be Lugia's episode. Because Bill states the pokemon is the only of its kind. But in the very next episode, Dragonite had already been well known at this point. It also sounds very much like Lugia.

Episode 14 - They finally arrive in Vermillion and it is stated they had been lost for two weeks. They then spent three days there before getting on S.S. Anne.

Episode 15 to 19 - The were at sea. 1 Day on this ship. 1 day on a raft. Two Days in Pokemon Land (Giant Pokemon Isle). And then they likely spent a weak at Porta Vista. Hard to say since Beauty and the Beach was banned in the US.

Episode 20 - Maiden's Peak. They likely spent another day at sea to get to here from Porta Vista. And then spent at least a day here to celebrate the Summer's End Festival. This means this episode likely took place a day before the Autumn Equinox. It is hard to say when Ash started, but if Japan Culture is anything to go by, a School Year starts in April. Thus Ash likely started his journey in April. At least that is what I have always assumed. If that is the same, around 4 to 5 months have passed.

This is why I think the first saga of pokemon was reflecting the real world. The series started in April and Maiden's peak takes place in the middle of August, which is usually when people consider the end of Summer. I'll continue to update this as I rewatch.

They likely spent 3 to 5 days at Maiden's Peak.

E21 to E25 - It takes a full day to release Butterfree. It took at least 4 days to get to Saffron, again being lost.... again.... And between Saffron and Lavender, there is about 4 or 5 days. Taking about a day each to get to. And then takes at least a day to get to Celadone at a full speed. This route actually looks more like the route between Lavender and Cerulean. Also matches given the fact Ash's catches Primeape.

E26 to E28 - Again this is another bunch of hopping around going between 3 different places, including Hophophop Town and Scissor Street which possibly could have been the same city, but uncertain.

E29 to E32 - At least 1 Day has passed in each episode. Episode 30 states that Several Months had passed since the start of Ash's journey. Going by them saying it was the end of Summer in Maiden's Peak, Likely 5 to 6 months had passed.

E33 and E35 - They spent a total of 5 Days at least on the Pokemon Ranch and Pokemon Preserve. And an unknown amount of time in the Safari Zone.

E36 and E38 - They spent a day on the Bike Bridge and Sunny Town. They spent another day with Daplica. And of course the unknown amount of time passed with the infamous Porygon episode that almost killed pokemon before it even began.

E39 - They spent at least two days in the 'Yellow Forest'

E40 and 41 - Both episodes lasted for about a day each. But it was stated in E41 what they had been traveling long enough to run out of food since their last town and had mention they hadn't eaten since yesterday.

Last edited:
Back