• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Walkthrough or not?

Will you use a walkthrough?

• I can't do the game by myself, I will use a walkthrough.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Heck no, I don't need a walkthrough.

Votes: 51 89.5%

• Total voters

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    Hi all.

Just curious, when HG/SS is released, are you guys going to use a walkthrough to get through the game or are you going to be like me and do it the ol' fashioned way?

Ayselipera

I just play reguarly. I would only use a walkthrough if I was stuck on something, but pokemon games are pretty straight forward so I don't see the need.

psychopath002

Bronze League: Fire Gym
    Years
    No walkthrough for me, I always go through without walkthroughs... unless of course I get stuck for waaaay too long

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Nah, I see no need. You're pretty much strung along a clear path, so I don't really find any need to use a walkthrough and whatnot. A guide, however, may come in use when trying to figure out how to evolve or get a certain Pokemon. >>

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    If by Walkthrough you mean one of those Guidebooks, yeah I use it. Not to walkthrough the game just for the Pokemon on the routes. I've played G/S several times.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    I know I'm not gonna use it cuz I only played G/S when I was younger and never again did I play it after my Crystal version corrupted, so I won't use a walkthrough to ruin the element of surprise. XD

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
    The only games I needed a walkthrough for were RSE, because the story progression sucks so much in Gen III. It doesn't give you enough information about where to go next.

GSC are probably the most linear games (in a good way, it feels like you're a tourist and you're travelling through the region in a logical order) so I definitely won't need a walkthrough. :)

King of Dragons

Hail the king of Dragons!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Why even bother getting a walkthrough in the first place?

If you played the origional Gold and Silver versions then you should know what to do.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Nope, I've played through Johto enough times to know where things are, however if I do get stuck I'll either try to resort to my old crystal guide or pull up an online guide.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I used a game guide for GSC -- but only to find out which Pokemon are on which routes, and what events happen on the days of the week and the day/night differences.

As for a walkthrough to tell you how to beat the game? Nah, haven't used one of those. Pokemon is one of the most linear games out there in terms of knowing where to go next.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    of course not because I never did to begin with, and since its a remake and I've been playing Pokemon Crystal recently so I should know the whole concept of HG/SS when it comes out

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Seeing as it's a remake, yes and no.
    I will definitely not use a walk through during the parts of the game that is very familiar to me.

As for the other parts, like side quests/post-ending, I'll most likely use a walk through, because, we all know, it's going to be pretty different, so I don't know what I'll encounter through the game. I'll most likely figure it out myself, but if it is too hard, I'll use a walk through.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Hell no. I don't think I will ever need to even take a glimpse at a walkthrough while playing a Pokemon Game.
    Besides, for Pokemon there is Serebii or such site, which are better sources than walkthroughs.
    All I need to know is what new things are there that I don't know about, and what do I need to do in order to make a perfect savegame.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Why would you need a walktrough? It's a remake.

Also, walkthroughs are a last resort. THE VERY LAST.

Back