• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

War Between Pokemon & Humans [PG-17] [Best Rookie July '11/Best Veteran Aug/Sep '11]

how do you like this RP?

• So-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not cool.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
  • Epilogue...
    Lydia the Zoroark...

It was weeks before the jet plane had landed on Hoenn. First glance I was completely frightened, most of it resembling an overgrown forest. But the most crucial detail I can remember is the departure; a few final words slapped on with the word 'goodbye' at the end. I can't say that it truly was a 'goodbye', but at the time our eyes were working more than our minds. We were lost in a land we didn't know, although probably me more lost than the two clever Reuniclus I had managed to escape with in success. Point being, it was a whole other world. The chance of meeting up with each other again would be quite slim, hence the reason why we all said 'goodbye'. Seeing them leave made my heart sink, but I was fully prepared for the split, as I had been thinking about it on the plane ride ever since Morgana asked where I wanted to live. In fact, I had been thinking about everything on that jet; my entire life had flashed away with the explosion, including my childhood. What was there not to think about?

Then again, the erased region left me pondering about what I was to do once I landed at the new one. I arrived there with no conclusion, but the best thing I could think of…was to start over. Find a place to live through new experience. Make friends again before another war started. Of course, my goals were a lot harder to accomplish than they sounded, but they were good goals and kept my mind free of the scarring chaos of war. Instantly after saying goodbye I can remember a small crack chipping off from my egg. I think it was that very same egg that encouraged me to get moving, and so I did.

I remember walking endlessly for a few minutes, sticking to a certain direction in hope I would hit civilization. Mountains stoke through whatever trees there were on the landscape, along with an abnormally large cave I remember getting smaller and smaller as I kept traveling. With my knowledge now I know it to be Meteor Falls. There was also a pond I crossed, almost falling in as I was too distracted by my surroundings to focus on where I was walking. A few more minutes and my feet hit gentle ground instead of grass, buildings just ahead. My ears and eyes lifted at the first sight of Fallabor Town. Curious, I had slipped into my shadow form to study the few buildings and life that were currently active, as the humans in Hoenn may have differed from the network in Sinnoh. I couldn't believe what I saw that day.

One tiny boy, probably at age 8 or 9, playing with a particular Poochyena. They had a small plastic ball, the two hitting it back and forth while the human counted each time it rebounded with success. The view shocked me, as I had never seen real friendship between pokemon and human except for the few times in war. Even after it fell, I watched the two head inside their house with the boy carrying the canine pokemon inside. Was there true happiness in the foreign region? Not possible, although this small town had me thinking otherwise. Glancing around, there weren't many active people at the scene. There was only one way to test it, as I had walked out from the dark corner I was hiding behind, shadows climbing off while doing so. Just as I had done so the boy came back out from his home with some gardening tools. Catching me in the corner of his eyes made him drop everything.

The little human approached me before stopping hesitantly, running back inside and quickly opening the door again with what I guessed to be his mother. She looked even more surprised to see me, however at the time I had no clue as to why. It wasn't long until they started arguing, afterwards the boy coming over to me with his hand stretched out. I didn't understand what he was trying to express to me, still don't. All I remember is his Poochyena running out from the open door and snarling at me, which freaked out the family before I could do anything. The canine called me foreign trash before barking out loud in alarm, calling out monster and other various insults. One piece of his speech included talk of war, as he could smell blood on my fur. From there it was easy to presume they knew about the Sinnoh incident. I couldn't make a living there, and I knew it right away.

I tried to explain my situation to the Poochyena, but the pokemon had kept going, soon other various humans rushing to see what the commotion was about. They all looked intrigued by me, mumbles and whispers quickly rising before a particular man took out a gun. In reaction I had Sucker Punched the human just as he pulled the trigger, the bullet misfiring and hitting the Poochyena beside me. My eyes widened as the pokemon barked out in pain before dying out with a whimper. Chaos struck. The crowds split apart before coming back with weapons of all sorts, rakes etc while the boy rushed to his partner's side in tears. I had already began running…not stopping to look back at the farm behind me.

The rest seems unimportant. In summary I traveled miles by myself, sometimes transforming into human and pokemon alike to blend in while I crossed a busy city in fear of showing my true appearance to the public. News of the 'recent' explosion had caused most people to be frightened of any pokemon species they weren't familiar with, my own species included despite Zorua's originating in Unova. Eventually, I had moved enough to reach Lilycove. The ocean stopped my activity for a few weeks while I met various pokemon, some with and without trainers. Pokemon trainers were more shunned than admired upon, especially since the incident. There weren't many around, but I got to talk with a few and ask about what they thought about pokemon. Most replied with answers expressing how wonderful pokemon were, along with saying they were the human's friends rather than tools. I have to admit, their love for pokemon made me jealous, knowing the creatures who had human companions were pampered rotten. It also depressed me to know war would strike again someday, and that the very same trainers now could be killing their friends in the future.

When I wasn't in my human form, I was transforming into the Poochyena from earlier, getting back into the habit of stealing. I had to if I was going to be able to get enough food or supplies to support myself. Little thefts here and there got my health back up to near perfection, while as for shelter I can't say I was as advanced in such. In this case, the dumpster was my home, although I was forced to sleep during the day since it was occupied by non-dark type pokemon at night. The time shift got me exhausted, as I was unable to get use to it. It was one night that I actually screwed up a robbery attempt from a girl that was carrying around a hot dog. She appeared to be around age 15, walking by herself with tattered clothing. I figured it was an easy steal, as she was just walking endlessly. My energy was low at that time, and so was my patience.
    I had managed to grip hold of the food, before the girl caught hold of my tail. I was ready for a beating, but it hadn't come. Instead she had snatched my bag, letting go of my tail in the process. There was a long stare down before the human glanced inside, giving it back. I remember running away, but only walking back as the girl looked as hopeless as me. She had picked me up with a small hug before walking again, carrying me to some unknown destination.

Waking up the next morning, I was laying on a pillow. Strangely, I was still in the middle of the alley from last night. Looking next to me the girl was leaning over to study me. I realized my illusion had faded overnight, quickly coming back to my senses and trying to run again. I didn't get far, something tugging on my neck to keep me from going any farther. It was a leash, one the human had in her hand. Being a pet didn't seem like a fun thing to be, but I was open to ideas at that moment and decided I'd give the girl a chance to appeal to me. She was, after all, also homeless.

From there time flew by. Anything we stole we shared half and half, my temporary human companion 'Alexa' much faster and stronger than most would have believed. I regretted taking her for granted, since we both seemed to excel in the same things. Together we grew rich; as rich as you could be without a house to live in. We scored even higher some nights through complete robbery, Alexa able to threaten people with her switchblade and me at her side. I didn't have to make errands anymore, and she had a bodyguard, all of this happening while we both worked to ensure the safety of the egg I still had to care for. It was a bonus she actually cared, both of us carrying around the bag sometimes though never when we were doing 'work'. For a while, I believed I had a trainer for life. Such could never be the case.

We had spent about half a year together before someone filed a report about us. In honesty, I was surprised no one had done anything about us until then, yet the trouble came either way unexpectedly. I remember it being an average day, one like every other. The harmony was broken by a police man who yelled at Alexa while we were both traveling through the city. I was in my human form with her, both of us shocked to see the 'fuzz' had found us. We reacted immediately by escaping through the crowds and crowds of people in the city, a tactic that usually worked as a good get away. It didn't work this time. We ran back to our 'base' only to look back and see a few men aiming their guns at each of us. My companion gave in right away, arms raised with a defeated look on her face. One man stepped through with handcuffs to put them on my trainer, but I didn't want to give in so easily. We had gotten far, we had to fight for something. Or at least, that's what I thought.

The scene went pretty fast. The moment I changed to normal I had already shot out a Night Daze to blast the police back, the farthest ones slamming back into their cars. I knocked the handcuffs out of the man's hands, grabbing onto Alexis as to try and pull her forward. She ran with me full speed around the corner, although I was faster and ahead. A gunshot made me look back. My partner was already bleeding on the ground…

From there it was a blur. I can't think back to what happened. I only remember some blood that hit my eyes, which blinded me for a while. It burned, but otherwise there was no pain, only a tingling sensation running up my spine and perking up all other senses. There was silence, me leaned against the wall while shedding some tears for Alexa, other tears coming from the sting of human blood. It was about 5 minutes until I could open my eyes, eyesight faded but recovering. First glance at myself I thought my eyes were screwed up horribly, as I had claws and a larger body than previously. It hit me. I had evolved.

I slept in an abandoned building the rest of the day, only to get up during midnight and changing into the Zorua form I was comfortable with. Going through evolution was a hard thing to get used to, as well as the loss of my friend which I had actually believed I'd spend the rest of my life with. Instead I was confused, hiding in the illusion of a body that was no longer mine, alone with an egg the only comfort available. I knew that Lilycove wouldn't be the same again, and neither would I. I had to separate myself from everyone else, as I realized that day. No more pain, no more bonds. Just me, and the egg that would soon hatch into a child. That is what I decided that one day, and I stood up to my conclusion. After preparing myself, I climbed out of the building, shifting into a Swellow before disappearing into the endless night sky…I was free again. And would continue to be free. Next war... I'd be prepared.

...I'll leave you to the rest...

Last edited:

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
  • War Between Pokemon & Humans - Finished

Wade watched as the HR Commander fiddled with his phone, and nodded when Jack pressed the button, activating the bomb. Everything would end in thirty minutes. Then it hit him. He had time to save Lydia. Turning towards the stairs, Wade stormed towards the ground floor, then rushed out of the exit fanatically, screaming, "Lydia!!!!" Jun was behind him, calling him back, screaming that there was no time to lose, but Wade didn't listen. If he couldn't save her in the next fifteen minutes (as he had to go back), Lydia wasn't going to survive. Panting, Wade ran around town, crying for her name, but failed to find her. Where could she be? Crying in frustration, Wade collapsed onto the ground, tears rolling down his cheeks. If Lydia couldn't make it, Wade was to blame for her tragic death, and Wade wasn't going to forgive himself. Despite that, time was almost up, and she was nowhere to be seen. Curling into a one small, pitiful ball, Wade whimpered, letting out a small cry of disappointment and depression, the pavement below him wet because of his tears. He couldn't save his mate, and she would be gone...forever...

A big, gentle hand patted the Umbreon from behind, and the Umbreon turned. It was Jun. Wade got to his feet slowly. Jun tugged him from behind, then looked at the lift to the bunker, gesturing him to follow. Wade wriggled free, whimpering, murmuring, "I-I need Lydia. I need her!" but Jun knew that the bomb was going to detonate in a couple of minutes, and if Wade stayed here, he wouldn't have enough time to escape. Seeing that there was no use talking some sense into the Umbreon, Jun reached for him and scooped him up, carrying him in his arms. Wade struggled and yanked around as he was being manhandled, but Jun kept going without letting his partner go. Running into the lift before Wade could escape from his grasp, Jun jabbed the down button with his elbow, and the door slammed shut.

"NO!" Wade screamed, jumping out of his arms, kicking the metal door with his paws, but he couldn't do it. The lift was going downwards, and it was too late for him to return to surface. Slumping onto the floor solemnly, Wade didn't say a word, guilty of what he had done. Jun wanted to say something, but when he saw Wade's situation, he kept his mouth shut. Sulking quietly, Wade had countless flashbacks, good times he had with Lydia, and dangerous times when they fought side by side.

"Wade. WADE!" A loud, firm voice called for him from behind, and Wade shook his head, coming back to reality. Looking around, he found himself in the lift once again, the doors open as they had arrived at the bunker level. "Come on." Jun spoke from behind, and walked towards a vacant bed, placing his things onto it. Wade sighed, and jumped onto Nocturne's. His son was awake, but he wasn't crying. He was calm, and he was looking at his father with big beautiful eyes. Jun was wearing an anti-radiation suit, but Pokemon was rather resistant to those, so Wade didn't wear one, and so didn't Nocturne.

"Yes, I'm back, Noc." Wade spoke softly, snuggling into the blanket, cuddling him lovingly. Then it happened. A loud explosion, the loudest ever heard, came from above. The power was much, much stronger than any regular thunderstrike. The whole bunker shook as if they were in the middle of an earthquake, and Nocturne began to cry, his voice filled with fear. But even his loud, screaming voice could barely be heard as the facility vibrated violently. A few object around the bunker had plummeted onto the floor, some breaking. But the bunker held on, and it wasn't destroyed. Wade closed his eyes, then broke into tears as Lydia's image appeared in his mind, the Zorua running away from the city, then screamed her mate's name when the bomb detonated, destroying her in seconds. Her scream echoed in his mind, and her death was his fault. "I'll never forgive myself." Wade murmured, sniffling and sobbing together with his son as the vibrating weakened, and then slowly came to a halt.

Still crying, Wade felt Jun place an arm on his back, and he turned him. Jun was smiling. But the confused Umbreon looked into Jun's eyes, and he could see that the human was sad as well, and for good reason. He had just betrayed and killed his own Pokemon Partner, Hector. They had planned this all out since the very beginning, and knew that in the end, they would be hated, called traitors, soulless, murderers. Yet still, Jun smiled, trying to make the best of it all. Jun now reached over and petted Nocturne as he lay by Wade. Wade's eyes now turned to Nocturne, who had calmed down and now began to smile as Jun petted him. At that moment, Wade felt a bit more at ease.

It was finally time for me to leave this horrible bunker, after five years of surviving with Jun. No fresh air, and no space to move, it might seem okay to you, but after staying here for five years, with nothing to do, it's enough to drive you mad. Thank god the lift was still intact, or we would be stuck there forever. Jun told me to stay a little longer, but I couldn't wait anymore. I needed to see the world, I needed to explore once again. My son was five years old, and he hadn't even seen the outside world in his entire life. He's a cute Zorua, and his color's a little different, maybe because of the radiation. His paws are dark blue, and his little red bit of his hair has the same color as well. His eyes are bloodshed red instead of blue, and that's probably because of his parent's red-eyes-DNA. He could talk and speak as long as the sentences weren't too complicated, and everything was fine about him. No birth defects, no incurable sicknesses.

The lift was getting rusty, but it was still strong enough to bring the two of us back to the surface. The building that contained the lift was basically destroyed, but somehow, the lift managed to survive the blast, as it was deep, deep inside the building, and had barriers and defensive walls to protect it. When the doors opened, I was welcomed by a strong gust of wind, sand and dust blasting my face as if they were rushing to see me after all these years of absence. Coughing and shaking my head to avoid more sand flying into my eyes, I stepped out of the metal box, and took my first glance around the area. Everything was dead, and when Nocturne stepped out, he could see it as well. The forest was gone. The whole place was basically a flat plain with nothing at all.

"This is Sinnoh, Nocturne." I spoke softly, looking into my son's eyes as the Zorua stood by my side, his eyes wide, his lots of new information flowing into his mind. He hadn't seen ANYTHING before, not even a simple tree, or plant, or structure. This was all new to him.
    "What is this, dad?" Nocturne asked, unable to understand what was going on. Heck, he was probably thinking that this was the real Sinnoh, the perfect, undestroyed Sinnoh. He was probably thinking that Sunnyshore city was like every other city out there - Sandy, Quiet, and Deserted. Because of his bomb. But I pursed my lips, and he didn't say a word. It was for the greater good. Thinking of a good explanation, I turned to my little boy and rubbed his nose against his, "This is Jun's masterpiece. Our masterpiece. The world is at peace, and people will know the stupidity of fighting against each other. This is a small price to pay."

Nocturne tilted his head, obviously confused by his father's statement, but then Wade could remember Jun saying something about Canalave.

"Wade, since you're gonna go out here, I think you should go to Iron Island. It isn't destroyed as the blast's rather weak compared to other nuclear bombs. It has food and basic resources. I even hear that there are ships coming every weak to give some locals a good amount of food and water, as some people are still living in Canalave after all this."

"Canalave's still here?" I asked.

"Well, basically, yes. Destroyed, but a few structures remain, and people are starting to rebuild it."

"It'll be a long walk. But I get there. And you?"

"I'll take care of myself. We'll meet again. I'm sure of it."

Staring at his son, he realized once more why he had done this all. It was for him. Deep down in his heart, and in Jun's too, they knew that what they did was right. What they did was the only way to save everything from total war and destruction, and save future generations from having to be born in a world that was fading, a world at war.

And even in the deep anguish of losing his mate, he knew, he would do it the same all over again.

The End, and To be continued...

Thanks for joining the RP. It's been a pleasure RPing with all of you, but remember - the Sequel will be even bigger....

- War Between Pokemon & Humans 2 - Coming to an RP Corner near you -

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back