• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

War Over Hoenn: Beginnings (Rated M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Scottura, accepted. Do I really have to explain why? >_>

Toomi, you are also accepted. To answer your question, you can start right now. The main event (which is the bloodbath. >:0) hasn't even started yet, so go ahead and post away. Just post as if you were already with everyone else in the start of the hunt.

Water and Ice, you didn't have to delete your post, just edit it. ;) In news to what happened with your post, a new rule has been added about this not being based on the anime universe.

And lastly, I hope you all know that what's keeping the spectators apart from the trainers in the hunt is a guard rail, and not a gate. XD Easier said would be that I'm referring to the types used in New York during New Years Eve. >_>

--

"Good evening trainers," said a voice coming from the loud-speakers. The voice was light and reflected the nice days that had gone by. "Today is the day where only one of you will walk away with a new breed in Pokémon." Farther along inwards, a stone hedge rose from the ground and above rose bait for Pokémon. "Remember trainers, no fighting. Catch as many as you can of different breeds, and good luck."

Jason was ready. So were his friends. Heather down the line was ready. Jason was pretty sure everyone else was ready. Now, he and the others needed to wait for the command to start.

The loud-speaker gave out many other rules, but the guy behind it seemed to only be delaying it. waiting for something. The right time to start, thought Jason.

Finally, after a minute, the loud-speaker gave its last words of advisors, then yelled out, "GO!"

TVs hanging from the sidelines near the spectators turned on, showing many different areas in the Safari Zone. A horn blared, and trainers moved out, ready to catch the Pokémon. There were rocks on the floor to throw, like the loud-speaker said, and there was bait to attract Pokémon. Jason bent down and picked up a rock. He looked around him finding that his friends had already split and were looking for Pokémon. As the search continued, Pokémon were heard. In each squeal of the creatures, trainers would turn and go in that direction.

"I'm ready for you," Jason said to himself, referring to the Pokémon. He enlarged a Pokéball and went deeper into the Zone.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    He heard the speaker announce, "GO!"... He could hear the excitement in everyones voices. From the crowds and the hunters themselves. He was focused and determined to add new water or ice pokemon to his inventory.

Immediately Jason went to the Lake part of the safari. He put out some bait nearby and a Pelipper, dove down and landed... "HAH! my first catch!... I've got you now!", he got his Safari Ball ready.

Erin Moonnite

~Keeper of the Golden Muffin~
    Years
    Erin ran across the grass, throwing rocks and Pokeballs at any Pokemon she saw. But her goal was to get far away where no one else was. Erin entered an area of the Zone she had never seen before, and it seemed like a deep forest, the trees high and covering the sky.

No other trainors were seen here, but Erin could hear the call of many Pokemon. Bait in hand, Erin waited until a Pokemon appeared. Erin threw some bait for it, then hesitated for a moment, and threw a ball, capturing it. But Erin hadn't a clue what tyep of Pokemon it was, the darkened forest area made it hard to see.

Erin released the new Pokemon out of it's Pokeball to see what breed it was. 'Just a Nidoran..' Erin thought, but the Pokemon seemed a bit stressed and acting a bit funny. Erin returned the Pokemon and pulled out another Pokeball.

'Uh.. I don't want to stick around this place..' Erin thought to herself. She turned to leave, and as she walked out of the area she thought she heard the shifting of gears in a machine of some sort. Erin figured it was just a Pokemon and headed out.

Soon after Erin left the area, she spotted a rare Pokemon to the Safari Zone. 'Look at the Kangaskhan!! Wait... What's wrong with her? She's doing the same thing as Nidoran.. Do they know something we don't?' Erin asked herself.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jake threw his Safari ball while the Pelipper was still eating.

The large Pelican turned red and went into the Safari Ball. It shook alot and Jake thought it would pop back out but after about 15 shakes he caught it!

"Yes, I caught a Pelipper!"

Relaizing how much time he wasted because the ball kept shaking he rushed towards another area of the Safari Zone.

-------------------------------------------
    sorry about that Random Fan i'm just so used to naming my character Jason *smiles sheepishly*

Last edited:
    Years
    You know, I have no problem with you still being called Jason, Water and Ice. just change your name in your sign-up, there are many people with the same name. ;)

Okay, everything after this point will be put out through PMs. Even the acceptance of new members.

--

Trainers were scattered all over the Safari Zone. Already there were some with six Pokémon, and only a few minutes into the event. There was a sudden shake, but not enough to make trainers take notice. Not them, but the Pokémon took very close notice. They were watching the trainers, waiting for something. Some trainers caught a glimpse of this, but shook it away and continued.

--
    48 seconds left til death.
    --

Jason looked ahead, trying to hide behind a tree and waiting for a Pokémon to pass by. He had a rock in one hand and the Safari Ball in the other. He kept his eyes on the field...and out came a Girafarig, poking around the corner. Jason kept his gaze still. When the Pokémon was in clear sight, he jumped out of the shadows of the tree ready to throw the rock softly, like how the loud-speaker had explained. Don't hit the Pokémon, but aim for their feet.

But before he could, another trainer took the chance and threw a Safari ball.

Ah, what's the use. I gave up on this a long time ago.

Jason returned to the shadows of the trees and sat there, and he decided to wait until the event was over. He wasn't a fan of Pokémon training anymore, and the only Pokémon he had now was his Mightyena. He took the ball from his belt and looked at it.

"Just half an hour buddy. I don't even know why I came."

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jake kept runnning to find more Pokemon that he wanted. He didn't care about finding new breeds or new types of Pokemon and winning the contest. He was a Specialty Trainer and was proud of it and wanted to keep it that way.

He had to run through the forest to get to another lake area. The forest was so dark and thick that he couldn't see much. He kept running eager for the forest end and to find himself in front of another lake. Then... SMACK!... He fell to the ground face first and noticed that he tripped over someone.

He turned around and yelled at Jason not even knowing his name, "Hey! you can't just sit in the middle of the pathway and expect people to swerve around you!... besides what are you doing just sitting there? don't you want to catch Pokemon?"

Years
    --
    32 Seconds til death.
    --

Jason stared at the trainer. He rose from the ground and brushed some dirt off his pants. He returned his gaze and said, "Is it my fault that you were running?" Jason smiled inside. Inside, he knew that because he was older, he would win this real quick.

--

Ned looked at the TVs. Each five seconds that ticked by, a different camera would come on. He was looking for his sister. The TV turned on to a dirt patch area, most likely where the ground types were. Ned stared closer. He could've sworn that he saw a mound form, but then as quickly as it was forming, the TV changed to another camera.

Maybe it's just a ground type...

Scottura

Searching for the Light...
    Years
    I need a pokemon know! Scott thought as he ran through the trees looking for a pokemon to capture. Scott felt the ground shake, but thought nothing of it. Finally Pineco appeared, Scott wasting no time at all threw a Safari Ball at its eye. The pokemon went into the Safari ball, the ball started to shake...A few seconds later the ball stopped shaking and the Pineco was caught. "Yes, I finally caught a pokemon!" Scott shouted out in rejoice.

Erin Moonnite

Years
    Erin threw a Safari Ball and captured her fifth Pokemon. She couldn't help noticing all the Pokemon acting so strangly.. 'Is anyone else noticing this? Am I the only one?' Erin asked herself as she moved on, spotting a Rhyhorn in the grass.At once, the Rhyhorn bellowed and shifted it's rock hard plates making a noise like claws on a chalkboard.

'Behavior like that usually means danger.. But what kind of danger? Danger from Trainors? Oh well.. I think this is disturbing the peace of the Pokemon, having Trainors running curcles around them like this.. I could care less about a new Pokemon, I don't need one.. I could've just come back here and caught all the Pokemon I wanted without some dumb contest... Moonlight is most likely annoyed at her Pokeball by now.. Not much time left. This is pointless.' Erin conclued and headed for the exit.

As she headed out of the current Zone, a Trainor rushed by her, carrying many Safari Balls. Erin fell, and hit the ground hard. She did not move for a few seconds, but she finally got up and cracked her back. "That is gonna be sore in the morning.." Erin mummbled under her breath.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jake smirked in response to Jason's smile and spoke in an arrogant tone. "Well for you info. I'm trying to catch Pokemon that are in my specialty. I could care less about winning by finding new breeds or whatever they want us to find. I realized that I had used alot of time just to catch this one really hard Pokemon. Thats why i was running." He spun his Safari ball on the tip of his finger in front of the trainer showing off. Jake's Safari Ball then disappeared from his hand but he wasn't surprised by this. Knowing that he was already carrying six Pokemon, he knew that his Pelipper was safely transferred over to the Cerulean Gym.

He continued in his obnoxious arrogant tone, "And by the looks of what you're doing right now, seems like you've caught none. Why are you even in this event?... You're just wasting your time being here."

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    The cool sea breeze washed over his face as he sat behind the captain of a small motorboat. He could see they were approaching their destination rather quickly and decided to strike up a conversation in order to fill the awkward silence between them. 'So…' Miles began uncomfortably, attempting to sound casual, 'have you sailed across this part of Hoenn before?'
    The captain was slightly taken aback by the sudden question but smiled as he processed his answer. 'I've made a few stops at Lilycove before, for business and what not, nothing really important.' He smiled but did not look at his passenger. 'We'll be there in a few minutes now.'
    Miles nodded but remained silent as they entered the city's harbour. The sea air was surprisingly stronger across the harbour then it was when travelling across the ocean. Miles could feel his heart beating a little faster as they docked beside several small dinghies in the water. He was finally here; the place where he would find and eventually reunite with his parents.
    Miles bid farewell to the sea captain and headed into town.

Large clusters of people were scattered all throughout the city, obviously taking part in some sort of celebration or event. Following the information on the papers he had found in his parents' room, Miles recognised the attraction and soon arrived at the entrance to the infamous Lilycove Safari Zone.
    There were a number of guards at the entrance blocking the pathway inside. Groups of people and Pokémon were also gathered around the entrance, most probably waiting for their turn at the event. Miles paced across the square in front of the zone, taking care not to bump into anyone as he begun contemplating about how he and his family were connected to this event and their relationship with Team Rocket.

Large monitors were flickering above the zone's entrance, displaying the areas and people inside who were taking a part in the event.
    'Hmm, looks like the event's already started…' Miles mumbled, as he leant against the guard rail surrounding the square.
    Watching the monitors with mild interest, Miles suddenly spotted something strange happening within one of the screens. He stood up straight and decided to approach the entrance a little closer. However, before he could attempt a second glance, the screen had already changed displaying another area within the zone. 'What was that?' Miles began, scanning the monitors in hope of seeing the image again. He stood unmoved outside the zone, the image he had seen still burned in his mind. 'It couldn't be…'

Last edited:

xxxSakura

桜の姫 ♡ Formely xoxkris
    Years
    Mimi kicked a Pokeball. The Kirlia seemed to be telling her something, with all that floating and squeaking... But what exactly?!

She looked on at all the other Pokemon. a Wingull was falpping around. Murkows crowed and Rattatas started to run in the same direction... What WAS going on? However, Mimi had no time to think, for a Skitty was right in front of her, chasing it own tail then began to CHEW ON... IT!

"Oh my gosh!" mimi exclaimed, horrfied. "Skitty, please stop IT!" The Skitty looked up with interest at first, then her tail lowered between her legs, and she scratched on the wed mud. "What are you-" Mimi asked, tensed and nervous, but she paused abruptly."T-this i-i-is... "
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Hayaeko grated her teeth. "I see... Thanks for contacting me anyway..." The handphone clicked off with a beep.

She clenched her fist and looked at all her captured Pokemon. Pelipper, Geodude, Luvdisc, Machop, Ekans, Seviper... She had contacted Mimi on the phone, and realised that Mimi had way more than her, and... ANOTHER THING.

"I've GOT to capture more, and warn the others at the same time!" Hayaeko started to dash desperately. On the way she captured a Scythor and a Houndoom, which kept growling and whining at the top of its lungs. Scythor was hitting its blades against each other...

"I've got to find the others!"
    --------------------------------------------------
    "I've got to... Find the others!" Mimi dashed across the large field, her miniskirt fluttering. She came face to face with two trainers, both male. One looked older than the other.

"Excuse me, have you two been realising it?" Mimi interuppted their conversation. "By any chance have you two been too engrossed in your arguing or something, the Pokemon..."

Mimi took notice of another young trainer, and beckoned to her[Erin].

"Hey, you there!" Mimi shouted over. "Have you been realising? The Pokemon, they all act so strange!"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hayaeko entered the current Zone where Erin was, trying to find some other trainers. She had told as many as she could, but there's just.. not enough time.

In a flash, she spotted Mimi waving to Erin. She gasped and sprinted over. "Have you realised? The Pokemon... So strange..."

Mimi nodded. "My new Skitty told me about it."

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jake turned around to see the small girl that interupted them and looked a little over 13. Her face was showing utmost concern and worry. The question that she just asked them, about the Pokemon, what was this girl talking about. He stopped bickoring with the other trainer and decided to speak to the girl to find out what she notices from the Pokemon. He gulped down the arrogance in himself and instead spoke in a concerned tone. She seemed like she knew something...

"What are you talking about?... what about the Pokemon?... is there something wrong you know about?," he asked her. He hadn't notice alot about the Pokemon maybe because he spent alot of time arguing with the other trainer and didn't even nootice the Pokemon. He looked round to see if there were any Pokemon nearby but there was none. It was just them in the forest that seemed really dark.

Last edited:

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    As she watched the hunt progress, she too started to notice the strange behavior the Pokemon had taken. Something seemed to be amiss, and her Vulpix, though she had stopped her struggle, still seemed a bit unnerved. Panting, the fox Pokemon was now merely trembling in some sort of fear, and by now Pixie would have gotten used to being around all these strangers. However...perhaps it was something much more signifigant than a mere fear of being with unknown people. Something bad was going to happen.

Shaking these thoughts from her head, Satomi once again assumed that maybe it was out of fear for the Pokemon in the Safari Zone. Maybe there were some abusive trainers out there who were catching Pokemon, or perhaps the Vulpix just had some sort of fear of Pokeballs. Satomi never truly kept her in there for a long amount of time.

Her gaze as well turned towards the television screens, squinting her eyes out of mere habit and also a desperate attempt to see anything that could be unnerving. She saw a mound of dirt for a quick couple of seconds, and then it flickered to a young trainer cursing at herself for missing the catch of a Pikachu.

"Are there Dugtrio in the Safari Zone?" she pondered aloud to bother herself and to her Vulpix in order to calm it, "I've been in there many times and haven't seen a glimpse of one...perhaps they just recently added them in...?" Of course she got no reply from her Vulpix, whose maw was now resting in the crook of her armpit in a somewhat desperate attempt to feel safe.

Oh how she wished she knew...

Erin Moonnite

Years
    Erin nodded to the two new trainors that approached her. "Yes, yes. So I'm not the only one noticing this.. Something big is going to happen.. I can feel it in the Pokemon behavior.."

Erin covered her ears at the sound of a Yanma screeching in terror. Nothing seemed normal about these Pokemon at all. "This is why I was headed towards to exit, but.." Erin suddenly felt a pain go through her back. "But, I think I fell on a rock and hurt my back... I'll do my best to warn others.." Erin said slowly.

Just then the ground shook underneth her feet for a moment. "Did any of you feel that?" Erin asked. A loud, gear-like screech filled the air. Rusty and horrible. "What the heck is going on here?!" Erin asked despritly.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jake noticed the ground-shaking as well. "Yeah I felt that. Did you guys feel that before or heard that noise before?... something is stirring... I mean Pokemon wouldn't make that screeching metal gear-like sound... as for the ground... is it just ground Pokemon? like Dugtrio or Diglett?".

His ears were still ringing from the horrible sound. It was similar to the sound of nails scratching a chalkboard.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    The sound was faded but definitely real. Miles flinched as he heard the sound emit from within the zone. It lasted for just a moment but he was sure he had heard it. The sound was unique almost foreboding. He quickly looked around the entrance trying to see if anyone else had heard the noise. No other citizen appeared to have taken any notice of it but Miles was definite on his decision. 'There is something in that place…' he shot in a sudden rash but forced whisper.

He finally altered his gaze from the monitor where he had seen something very obscure and out of the ordinary. He felt suddenly depressed and suspected something ominous was approaching. His heart raced as he scanned the screens for any other sign or message that might explain the feeling he was beginning to have.
    Shots of dirt rocks and grassy plateaus flashed across the monitors above the zone's entrance. Miles could see something was wrong: the Pokémon inside were acting in an almost hostile manner, as if something was threatening them. 'What is going on?' he exclaimed.
    Miles watched the screens until another image suddenly caught his attention. There were a group of Pokémon Trainers all gathered in a small clearing within a forest enclosed area. He watched the group intently. 'That's strange…' he thought, speaking in a hushed tone, 'maybe they have something to do with the event…and my parents.' Suddenly, something caught his eye. He noticed something stirring in the background and knew it was neither human nor Pokémon. However, before he could obtain a better look, the monitor flashed and another image was displayed. Miles blinked but kept his gaze upon the screens, hoping that he would see the image again.
    'Something's not rig-ah!' he began, before breaking off his sentence as he made an attempt to grab the guard rail. The ground was beginning to shake and almost knocked everyone in the square to their hands and knees. The guards were shouting, obviously startled by the sudden quake.
    Finally breaking his watch over the monitors, Miles looked around the square as the ground continued to shake. Pokémon and trainers were on the ground undoubtedly dazed by the sudden rupture. He saw with relief that some other trainers and Pokémon were more instinctive when it came to natural disasters: there was a Geodude weighting a small young boy in the air who was evidently its trainer; there was also another teenage girl who was comfortably shielding her Vulpix as they steered away from the bustling entrance.

The monitors were crashing around the entrance and the guards were escorting people away from the structure. Miles realised that he was losing the only chance he had of finding his parents. He knew that this sudden disaster wasn't natural. Something more threatening was the cause of it.
    'I have to find out what's going on!' Miles exclaimed falling to the ground, still clutching the guard rail. The ground still shaking beneath him, Miles pulled himself up and began racing towards the Safari Zone.

Last edited:
    Years
    --
    4 Seconds til death
    --
    The ground shook at a larger quake. Jason almost lost his balance. He was getting annoyed for a moment that he caused a group of trainers to form just by sitting down, but he put that aside. He realized there were bigger things at stake right now. Jason turned around and…saw a metal drill coming right out of the ground?

"What the heck is that?" Jason pointed. The drill retreated to the ground, the quake stopped. Time seemed to stop for a couple of seconds. Then, the dirt picked up and a gust of it headed in all directions, including where he and the other trainers were. Jason lost balance and fell to the ground. Metal gears were heard extremely loud, and trainers were coming out of other sections, seeing the metallic vehicle, wondering what it was. The noise it made was deafening, as it pulled itself out of the ground. Blades at the fronts flipped to the sides and started spinning in circles at high speeds, as blades from above it moved to the front and back. Jason could just stare in awe, dumbstruck.

water&icepower

Specialty Trainer
    Years
    Jake noticed these drills popping out from under the ground, and suddenly that damilar screeching noise came back and then he realized, "so those were the things that made the horrible noise...but... whats going on?".... He couldn't bare the sound anymore, he covered his ears as tightly as he could. He didn't know what was going on and was really confused.

Suddenly, a drill popped out right in front of him hurting his hears tremendously and cauing the ground to shake so much he fell on his back.

Jake got up quickly and ran to hide beihnd a bush and watch to see what was going to happen?... "What is the contest trying to do to us?"...He watched, and not only were drills surrounding them, but a bunch of trucks pulled in surrounding the perimeter. Out came numerous people in Black, Red, & Blue uniform. "They couldn't be.... NO!," he recognized those black uniforms with the 'R' on them.

Utami

Heart Of Terror
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Hanae stood in the crowd as the uniformed men stepped out out the trucks. She held onto a nearby pole and saw who they were. "Team R-rocket..." she softly whispered. She remembered them back in Celadon City, they always hanged out around the Game Corner. She didn't know the other two but they didn't matter, her eyes were focused on the men in black.

She saw mass confusion in the trainers and spectators. The Pokemon had started to shrill while drills still came up from the grounds. She held onto her two Pokeballs closely since Team Rocket had a reputation of stealing Pokemon. Her aunt stood behind her and put her hand on her head hoping to comfort her. "It'll be okay Hanae... at least I hope so..." said the lady.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back