• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Was Emerald really necessary?

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
Years
  • I think that Pokemon Emerald wasn't nessessary at all, but it's another remake of Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well, yeah.. even if Emerald wasn't all that different, there always has to be that third game in the series. xD;
    Whether it's a good game, or not..

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I loved Emmerald.
    The battle fontier, and the update on Safari zone was awesome. I like the gamne. =P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009
    Trust me, as someone who has played the game repeatedly (four times woohoo!) Its pretty damn challenging, more so than diamond and pearl (with exception to the elite four), I bought it about a year ago, still cannot stop playing it.

Years
  • Whether it was necessary or not they knew it would bring in more money. So to them, yes. Though it may not necessary it was worth it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I like emerald alot but unless your trying to get every pokemon in your pokedex for d/p/pl then i thinks its to late. or just get the rom :P

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
  • Emerald is pretty fun to play with. It has added twist and features that were not seen in R/S. So, I think it is worthy to be played. :)

Back