• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Welcome to the thread, Calzone! :D

But why did he have to Boo... *cries* I wanted to lurk and be a Super Ghost.

If someone else snagged #200 from you, then your time as a ghost would have been short-lived. ;) Anyway, we usually build up at least two ghosts before letting the count roll to 200, so that way the "cleansing" would have a bit more of an impact when it happens!

But since this is a new thread, we could make the count a little more flexible if you guys want! ^_^ Would you like it better if the ghost spread was 100/150/200 instead of 100/200/300?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I think 100/150/200 is fine. I had thought of lowering the first number, but this spread works too.

Alrighty! Let's see how this plays out, then! :D

In the meantime... What are your opinions about HMs in the Pok?mon games?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

HM's are utility moves that use up a move slot. They wouldn't be so bad if we could pick and choose what Pokemon were to learn them as opposed to being limited to certain Pokemon for certain moves(like Cut for example... why is it that Grass Types are typically the best option? What if I didn't like Grass Types and wanted a NORMAL Type to learn it? Only Normal Types who can are Farfetch'd and Lickitung, both of whom can't be acquired in Yellow until much later in the game).

Years

I'm curious how levels are earned in FTE. Coral can already evolve once she hits level 18. I was expecting to find out more about how levels are earned as soon as we defeat Lombre and the other remaining enemies.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Yeah well he might tempt you with an offer of learning a new move(that only Marill can learn at that level) or evolving. Namely Marill learns Aqua Tail at 20 whereas Azumarill doesn?t learn it until 21. You?re guaranteed to learn Helping Hand if you want it though. Like you though I?m curious as to how much Experience we will get since this battle has claimed 19 Enemy Pokemon with 6 more left to go. I remember him saying like 1-2 levels so he might bump us to level 17 or just shy of your evolution mark.

Janp also evolves at 18 too, while Rowlet evolves at 17(hence Epilogue would have a decision to make).

Years

Marill doesn't learn moves that Azumarill can't learn, just that like usual with fully evolved Pokemon, moves are learned later. Now, Azurill DID have some moves the other two can't learn, but, bringing a baby Pokemon to an all-out war isn't the best idea (not to mention the move Bounce that Azurill could learn would probably have 1 PP in FTE).

The other way to get moves would be to either find or purchase TMs, which in the first two PMD games were one-time only, but you could find more of it later. I do have a particular combo in mind which would probably make Azumarill broken later on in FTE...so broken that probably Azumarill might even be able to take on an angry :kec: . But that requires a very specific setup, and one or both moves might be very hard to find.

Years

Yes, as soon as you can find the stone for your Eevee. As to where we can find stones, we don't know yet. Supposedly we will get shops later on, so some might pop up there, or we will find them as items in the dungeons.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Yes, as soon as you can find the stone for your Eevee. As to where we can find stones, we don't know yet. Supposedly we will get shops later on, so some might pop up there, or we will find them as items in the dungeons.

Um Umbreon doesn?t require a stone unless PMD is different?

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    No... There isn't an umbreon stone. As far as I know you just evolve whenever it is night and it's happiness is high enough

Years

PMD does not have a day/night system (or rather, you adventure during the day and sleep at night). I looked up the items and I see a Lunar Ribbon, so I think it was not a stone but instead a separate evolution item.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Ok that's cool I will be joining the next one, I hope

Just message Lycan via PM/VM or look at FTE?s first page for the sign up format and add Kecleon rocks if you want free berries. I?m not sure if Lycan will use your signup as an excuse to extend battle#1 or simply hold you out until battle#1 concludes(we are almost done with 6 Enemies to go).

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Years
    Yeah, I'll do that I mean what could it hurt? the worst that could happen is Lyconthropy could tell me no

Years

Lycan won't say no, but might just have you wait until battle #2 before you can come in. In the meantime, think about what ability you will want for your starting Eevee, since it has to start as an Eevee first.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
    I sent him a PM. Also the best ability for eevee is adaptability, it makes its stab moves more... Stabby

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Lycan won't say no, but might just have you wait until battle #2 before you can come in. In the meantime, think about what ability you will want for your starting Eevee, since it has to start as an Eevee first.

That?s easy: Adaptability. Boosts STAB from 1.5 to 2.0. Effectively doubling power of moves who share the Typing. For Eevee that?s all Normal Type moves and when it evolves into Umbreon, all Dark Type moves.

Back