• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wats the best dragon type

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Not the best Dragon 'Type' Dragon 'Pokémon' you mean.

And yeh, I agree it has to be them two and Gyarados.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I prefer Kindra, Kingdra has only one weakness...and that's enough for me
    Though Kingdra don't have any good stats, but I just really like Kingdra that's all..
    and Oh Aerodactyl (even though it isn't a Dragon-Type)

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    From d/p Garchomp would be the best since Cynthia is using it Whos suppose to be the Champion, for the other series Kingdra,Dragonite,Gyrados,Salamance..Dragonite+Salamance first Gyrados+Kingdra last if you think about it almost all dragon pokemon are stronger put it that way so theres not really a one choice.

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    My favorites are Flygon and Salamence.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Not the best Dragon 'Type' Dragon 'Pokémon' you mean.

And yeh, I agree it has to be them two and Gyarados.
    Who are you to say what the thread starter meant? -.- If the topic says ''Dragon Type'' then it means ''Dragon Type.''

The best Dragon types are Palkia, Dialga and Rayquaza. Excluding the Ubers, I'd say Salamence or Dragonite. Garchomp is tough, I'll give you that, but Dragonite is better at taking hits and Garchomp is completely obliterated by Starmie, whereas Dragonite can actually stand a chance against it after it has a couple of Dragon Dances under its belt (Thunderpunch says hi!) whereas Salamence will either have buffed itself up or dealt serious damage to your team by the time you have figured out its moveset. (really, you're really lucky if you can guess if your opponent has a DDMence, CBMence or SpecsMence. Either way, it will still be quite a pain to defeat.)

As for my favorite Dragon type, it's a tie between Dialga, Flygon and Vibrava.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    My favourites are...*clears throat*...Charizard, Lucario, Tyranitar, Steelix, Dragonite, & Garchomp.

Lucario is in there because he learns Dragon Pulse. I know it used to be the norm to consider all those who learned Dragon-Type moves to be pseudo-dragons, anyways.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Kingdra! Balanced stats and it's the most original dragon. I'm getting tired of the garchomps and salamences. They're all copies of the original pwnful dragon, dragonite, the second best dragon.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Garchomp has my vote. It's eleven points weaker than Salemence in attack, but five points faster, has better defenses and HP, and it has Outrage. That + Choice Band = pwnage cubed.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I think they are:

1 - Garchomp, because has one of the highest attack stat (in serebii.net says that is the third or fourth)

2 - Salamence, because it is a Flying-type too

3 - Rayquaza, for me isn't the first because hasn't so high attack stat, has high speed only...

4 - Dragonite, is the only one that can learn Thunder-type attacks

5 - Kingdra, because has only one weakness (Dragon)

Back