• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wats the best dragon type

Genghoul

Composer & Aspiring ROM Hacker
    Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    I have a level 100 Salamence now and it can kill anything, so I'll go with Salamence. Its just that every final Stage Dragon (except Kingdra) is super weak against ice.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Does Gyarados count as a dragon since it can learn dragon moves?

It depends on who you ask. I personally think it is only a dragon if it is a real dragon type. Kingdra is my favorite because it is one of the only dragons that is dragon-flying or dragon-ground.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Not the best Dragon 'Type' Dragon 'Pokémon' you mean.

And yeh, I agree it has to be them two and Gyarados.

Hate to break it you, but Gyarados is a Water/Flying type. He may learn dragon type attacks, but he is a Water/Flying type.

I like the original, Drangonite.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Gyrados is kinda a dragon. I don't think of him as a dragon but many others do. I think gyrados is one of the best water types, or dragons if you consider it a dragon.

Me2UJus4Free

Years
    Gyrados is kinda a dragon. I don't think of him as a dragon but many others do. I think gyrados is one of the best water types, or dragons if you consider it a dragon.

Yes, but it's not officially a Dragon type. That's called denial. Gyrados was never a Dragon type, and him being Water/Flying is canon therefor it is true while the former is not. So, Gyrados is Dragon type, so, people, stop listing it as your favorite dragon Pokemon.

And Charizard is diffidently not Dragon either.

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
    Rayquaza, cause it's my third favorite pokemon.
    Salamence, cause it has great stats.
    Dragonite, It is the best dragon pokemon for me!
    Garchomp, Best dragon type in D/P for me!

Years
    Yes, but it's not officially a Dragon type. That's called denial. Gyrados was never a Dragon type, and him being Water/Flying is canon therefor it is true while the former is not. So, Gyrados is Dragon type, so, people, stop listing it as your favorite dragon Pokemon.

And Charizard is diffidently not Dragon either.

Why we have to be all official about it? Maybe they are not dragon types 'officially', but Charizard resembles a dragon more than any of them, and learns plenty of dragon moves. Gyarados can learn a few dragon moves as well. Ok so they aren't listed as Dragon types, but plain common sense tells us both these Pokemon have huge similarities towards dragon types. I would certainly pick Gyarados over some of the Dragon Pokemon anyday.

Me2UJus4Free

Years
    Why we have to be all official about it? Maybe they are not dragon types 'officially', but Charizard resembles a dragon more than any of them, and learns plenty of dragon moves. Gyarados can learn a few dragon moves as well. Ok so they aren't listed as Dragon types, but plain common sense tells us both these Pokemon have huge similarities towards dragon types. I would certainly pick Gyarados over some of the Dragon Pokemon anyday.

By your logic, my Blaziken is also a Flying Pokemon, because it learns Peck and Mirrior Move as a Torchic. It is a giant fire chicken, therefor it is my favorite Flying type Pokemon ever. It is also Ground because it can learn Dig, Rock Tomb and Earthquake, and Grass too because it can learn Solarbeam.

Wonderful logic you have there.

Charizard and Gyrados are just as much as Dragon type Pokemon as Blaziken is a Flying type.

Years
    By your logic, my Blaziken is also a Flying Pokemon, because it learns Peck and Mirrior Move as a Torchic. It is a giant fire chicken, therefor it is my favorite Flying type Pokemon ever. It is also Ground because it can learn Dig, Rock Tomb and Earthquake, and Grass too because it can learn Solarbeam.

Wonderful logic you have there.

Charizard and Gyrados are just as much as Dragon type Pokemon as Blaziken is a Flying type.

Ok I understand your point and I tend to agree with you now. I just don't see a huge problem with people stating that they like Charizard and Gyarados. Maybe they aren't dragon Pokemon but they have dragon tendencies at least. I do agree with you now, but still an unecessary comment about my logic. I was merely stating an opinion.

Me2UJus4Free

Years
    Ok I understand your point and I tend to agree with you now. I just don't see a huge problem with people stating that they like Charizard and Gyarados. Maybe they aren't dragon Pokemon but they have dragon tendencies at least. I do agree with you now, but still an unecessary comment about my logic. I was merely stating an opinion.

But still, just because they are based off dragons, but aren't labeled as a Dragon type,than it's not a Dragon type. It's simple, really. And I fail to see just how my comment was unnecessary, because than your comment on my opinion also counts as unnecessary, as well. Since now defending your opinion is unnecessary. Hypocrisy.

Back on topic, before this gets nasty.

I also like Flygon. Antlions are cool looking bugs and it's a stylish green colored Antlion, too! Altaria is the first girly Dragon Pokemon and gets an honorable mention.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Among Dragon-type/dragon-like Pokemon, the best ones are Lapras, Flygon, Sceptile, and Charizard. That's just my opinion though. I'm really a bigger fan of mammal Pokemon than I am dragon.

Back