• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ways to cheat the PokéWalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I have the best cheat for it. I sorta have restless legs. So I constantly shake my legs because it just feels natural to me to do so. So what I do when I'm sitting down, is I put a sock on my foot and attach the Pokewalker to my sock. (If the plastic irritates my skin, I put the walker on a hair tie, and put the hair tie around my ankle/sock. So, as I naturally and constantly shake my legs, I get TONS of watts! I do this because I'm home for summer and I'm at home all the time..so I don't get much walking done since I'm not in school right now. Lolz

I can get like 5,000 watts a day this way if I keep at it.

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    One thing I figured out you could do is roll it in between your figures. That gets tiring fast so I normally just put it on my wrist on some sort of band or string and shake my hands since I do that a lot normally. What I haven't tried yet it putting it in a completely sealed bag and the letting it run in the shower (water will cause it to shake) or I attach it to my turtle.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    LOL attach it to your turtle? Rofl!! I couldn't attach it to mine, he's like a Squirtle, lives in water. But my rats run around like crazy, haha, they could collect points for me wayy fast! But I wouldn't have an animal do it, wouldnt want them to get hurt by it.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Here's some things I do that work:

Attach it to a seatbelt that's not being used in a schoolbus. (It doesn't work as well in a car or other vehicle.)

Attach a short string to it (around 10cm is probably good) and swing it around.

Bribe your siblings or parents to walk around with it while you're asleep. (It's not cheating but it does work.)

Attach a string to it and loop it around your foot while you sleep. Make sure your foot is off the side of the bed. (The longer string the better, as long as it's not extremely long, about as high as the bed when looped is good.)

I don't have a ceiling fan so these are my best ways to go. They all work but I still can't top going to an anime convention and walking around with it there. Last time I did that, I got over 20,000 steps that day. And I didn't mind walking because it was a fun time. Just walk around during a fun event and that will get you steps without thinking about it. LOL I even had it in my purse, not on my belt. ^_^

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • They are some pretty cool and weird methods on how to "cheat" the PokéWalker on YouTube. I have read that many people attach it to their pets, and they get a good amount of steps and watts.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I used to do bicep curls with it when I was just doing nothing else but watching tv or pokemon episodes online. But the best way is to put it on a soft hair tie and put it around your foot and ankle and when you walk around the house or sit down and shake your foot/leg you get tons of watts. I'm almost at 6,000 watts from just today.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    am i like the only one whos sittin psyched bout the pokewalker, and plan to walk threw NYC with by my side with my trusty partner Cyndaquil? lol

im definitely gonna do it the old fashion way,i love a good work out, when me and my sis go and train,ill probably bring it with me XD
    &im definitely gonna do push ups with it ^_^
    cant wait to get HeartGold & SoulSilver :cool:

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
  • I put heaps of duct tape on the inside of a car tire and i bribed my sister to go for a drive to the local shop. So about 10 mins of going about 60 kmph. It earned me 9000 steps :/

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
    Years
  • i was trying to ride my bike while wearing it to get steps faster, but it doesn't work as well as walking. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    I use the plasma ball. Ifound it on youtube a couple of months ago and it works a treat. Flychu and surfchu ftw!!

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    If you go to the gym, or have one of these at home, elliptical trainers are the best! They're not really a cheat because you ARE working out, but I find I gain about 8000 steps in my 40 minute workout, almost twice as many as I do walking that same amount. I do about 60rpms @ 2.8mph.

The subwoofer trick sounds awesome, I'll have to try it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    the fane on the cieling fan works for me, I dont play pokemon much anymore, but when i used my pokewalker, i taped it to my cieling fan, i'd get so much watts its redulous.... you gotta duct tape it though

JFire

Quilava Lover
    Years
  • I just shake it, or put it in my shoe and do some hardcore foot tapping while listening to heavy metal or w/e.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Here's a sure-fire way to cheat the Pokewalker. Trust me, I've done it dozens of times and it gives me over a thousand watts! So here's what you do.

When you're sitting in a chair (especially at school), attach the Pokewalker to your sock and begin tapping your foot. Simple, I know, but it works!

iuo96

iuo96
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    These aren't cheats, they are hints :~P
    Bring your walker to school. XD tons of watts
    And a pokewalker+treadmill+running=:-(=watts

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • They are some pretty cool and weird methods on how to "cheat" the PokéWalker on YouTube. I have read that many people attach it to their pets, and they get a good amount of steps and watts.

With that in mind, some girl on YouTube clipped her PokéWalker to her cat's collar, and the cat then chased the laser beam around the room. I would love to try it, but none of my cats wear collars. They don't need them if they're too scared to go outside.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back