• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Website Layout

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
Years
  • I would really appreciate people taking the time to c&c my website's layout, as I am having second thoughts whether I want to continue using this design. https://www.pokemonvalley.net

I understand that I am using tables to create my layout, and I know I should really be using DIVs, therefore I am going to fix this problem, but I would like your opinions on the rest of it before I change this.

Thank you for you time, and I'll definitely take everyones comments in to account.
    - Pikachu Trainer

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • Sora's Nobody: Thanks for the quick response, I'll be sure to fix that up in the next version, which I'll create when I have a couple more comments =P

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • It's not really impressing and you should definitely change the design!
    First off make the fonts bigger and make them in a color that stands out of everything else. If I'm right then the content is more important than the plain dark style ...
    In the body maybe you should add a little bit of space between the text and the side lines of the body part.
    Then comes the footer ... if you want it to float around mid-air at least don't finish it at the end of the page.

Maybe you should check out some other websites' designs and get a nice inspiration for a kewl design.

I wish ya best of luck!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • It's quite nice, simple. Not to dark, not to light in colours, the only thing I would recommend is the banner/header overall.
    It looks out of place, from the main body layout section, But overall In my opinion it's good.

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • Thank Totodile! and Galukxy for your input, I've now got a list with everything anyone has said and I've included a couple of my own ideas, so it looks like a new layout is in order.

Before I start it, it would be great to have more comments on what to include and what you like about the current layout. Thanks

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • I can't comment much because my eyes aren't good enough to read that tiny dark text against dark background. :\

Back