• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Music Mince 6 [Dish #24]

Years
  • [css-div="background-color: #FFF380; padding: 25px; border: double; border-color: #0000; border-width: 17px; text-align: left; width: 635px;"]
    Weekly Music Mince

I swear I haven't moved this to a Monday post or anything, I'm just constantly late at the moment. With that being said, you probably all know how this works by now. Below are ten songs that I have been enjoying this over the past week.

Number One
    Song: Crying Lightning
    Artist: Arctic Monkey's

Info: I recently discovered this song on Plug DJ thanks to Aslan. I really enjoy how the song has a very unique and theatrical feel whilst also having a gradual but noticeable build-up to an intense crescendo. The vocals are extremely enjoyable in this song, definitely one of the best Arctic Monkeys songs.

Number Two
    Song: Paralyzer
    Artist: Finger 11

Info: Another song I'm listening to a lot, this time curtesy of Sonata. He played it once in Plug DJ and since then I have played it another 1000000000 times. This song basically seems to be about running into someone attractive, but more important than its meaning in this case is how damn catchy it is. Not only is the band very talented, but this has to be one of the catchiest rock songs ever. Also the choreography in this music video is amazing.

Number Three
    Song: Elan
    Artist: Nightwish

Info: Those of you who are Nightwish fans likely noticed that my list of my favourite female singers did not include Floor Jansen. This is not because I don't like her as a singer, but because I don't know her very well yet. I have been very curious to see how she would fit in with Nightwish and this song has left me pleased. She is every bit as good as her predecessors. This song combines Floor's amazing vocals with a very celtic feel and the poetic lyrics typical of Nightwish to produce something wonderful.

Number Four
    Song: I Who Have Nothing
    Artist: Ben E. King

Info: This song is an emotional masterpiece. This song, which is full of amazing crescendos, is the story of a man who is not wealthy or connected but loves a woman very earnestly and dearly... but of course she is with some snooty rich guy who doesn't actually care. Whilst not all our stories are quite as dramatic, I find this song to not just be beautiful but also something people can relate to.

Number Five
    Song: Survival
    Artist: Eminem

Info: A very intense song from Eminem that feels like it is speaking about the competitiveness of the hip-hop industry (although it is also connected to CoD). Eminem's flow in this song is as good as ever, the chorus from Liz Rodriguez is outstanding and overall I enjoy the rock-styled music combining with Eminem's intensity.

Number Six
    Song: Coming Back
    Artist: Dean Ray

Info: This song by Australian X-Factor runner-up Dean Ray is another extremely catchy rock song, although it is closer to the pop side of rock than the other catchy rock tune on this list. The song is about constantly coming back and trying again, has a very catch and features extremely good vocals.

Number Seven
    Song: Love the Way You Hate Me
    Artist: Like a Storm

Info: I don't really understand this song, basically it seems to have something to do with enjoying negative attention. I enjoy it nonetheless, the vocals are very strong and the music and construction is perfect for the song I feel. Also I love the random didgeridoo, it really adds to the song.

Number Eight
    Song: Rusty Cage
    Artist: Johnny Cash

Info: I don't know why, but somehow this song is actually more badass when done with an acoustic guitar (although an electric seems to come in later) by a country singer than by Soundgarden. This is one of the last songs Cash recorded before his death and I am so glad he did, he really makes this song his own and I greatly prefer this to the original.

Number Nine
    Song: Killing in the Name
    Artist: Rage Against the Machine

Info: A song about rising up against police brutality and racism this song is regarded as the signature song of the band and for good reason. The anger and energy that go into this song make it incredibly to listen to, as does the catchy rapping and music.

Number Ten
    Song: Breath No More
    Artist: Evanescence

Info: This is a song that I consider "beautifully sad". I actually don't have the faintest idea what this track about but the emotion in performances of this song carries over so powerfully that the meaning is irrelevant, listeners make their own meaning. The vocals and instrumentation in this song are also some of the best the band has given .

Those are my, once again late, thoughts on the songs I really enjoyed last week. What do you guys think of some of them?
    -Gimmepie

[/css-div]​

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    For me Paralyzer always seemed to be about running into someone attractive at a shitty bar. Most of the lyrics seem just to take a piss at how bad the bar is, haha.

Back