• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #3] Has Pokémon ever significantly impacted your life?

Has Pokemon ever significantly impacted your life?

• Yes it has!

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Nope, it hasn't

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

groteske

lurker
Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Nah. Although I've clocked more hours playing any one version than any other videogame, it's never been anything more than a pastime.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, it's been a part of my life for alot of my lifetime, 11 years this years so I think it's safe to say yes, it has been.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I get stressed very easily and for whatever reason pokemon helps calm me down. When I have a terrible day, I go right to my ds and play pokemon. Even when I'm content, pokemon gives me something to keep me busy and happy.

So yes... pokemon has impacted my life greatly :P :3

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Because I caught appendicitis once on my birthday, and I had a toy Pikachu by my side when I had my operation.

Aww...the appendicitis part sucks :(, but the Pikachu :t025: part sounds like a Moment of Heartwarming. :)

Yeah, I'd say Pokemon has impacted my life greatly. It's the only franchise where I've gotten two copies of the same game (Sapphire Version) and the main franchise that makes me get Nintendo handhelds (currently have a GBASP, but am awaiting the 3DS! Heck, even if no 3DS Pokemon games were made I'd still probably get it due to the sheer appeal of the other games).

Also, Pokemon/PokeCommunity have sucked up so much of my time that it's not even funny. >_> Emerald and its Battle Frontier are prime offenders, with Platinum and HeartGold ready to succeed the role in some months.

I commonly play Pokemon in my spare time, and sometimes it helps to blot out the adversity and incongruities that life throws at us...

I've also tried to work Pokemon references in many school assignments, ranging from speeches to PowerPoint Presentations. :)

Finally, if I'm on Google, Bulbapedia is most likely one of the first terms I'll enter, just to keep myself updated on Pokemon with Bulbanews. It's become that linked to my Internet surfing these days...

Back