• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weight Loss tips

Sexycheese

Bye :)
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Im 6ft and weigh about......I think I was 15 stone when I last checked about 2 weeks ago. Its absolutly wonderful if you can exersize but Ill be frank. Sometimes there is just not enough hours in the day to exersize ( I know lol) . So I would reccomend you look up a collection of books and taped by paul Mackenna called I can make you thin. There is no exersize, its all willpower and It has been proven to make you lose weight (Ive tried it, it works! I put his cd on my MP3 so I can listen to him on the go).

Its not going to make you have mucles but personnaly I think thats a waste and it shows you have too much free time. One could take on an additional job and earn more money. But seriously, look up paul mackenna (not sure if thats spelt right). He will change your life! :)

@ Imposter Oak: About healthy food, fortunatly im one of the lucky ones who can buy it but with the credit crunch not everyone can afford healthy food. Unhealthy food is a lot cheaper (sorry im obbsessed with cash lol) :)

Last edited:

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    A 30 minute walk or so every day can help burn most excess calories, increase that time if you want to lose weight faster, eat more of the healthy things, a big salad satisfies your hunger with a minimum or fat, if you don't want to do that, stick to your usual balanced meal, but control how much you eat, buy healthy snacks or drink to satisfy cravings you may have, avoid sugars, their absewnce will force your body to use the energy stored in fat, and lastly if you absolutely cannot resist fast food, eat a hot dog stuffed with as many vegetables as you want, the purpose of this is so you eat only one which will be full of a variety of things^^

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • Annnd if you don't have the money for a gym, do a set of exercises at home a day.

Something like...20 situps, 20 push ups, 20 starjumps etc, create some sort of routine, and you may see a difference, combined with a healthy/relatively decent diet.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Yeah, going for a walk definitely helps, as long as you walk regularly everyday, and try to fit some exercise into your day, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator (unless its like 20 floors and/or you're in a desperate rush).

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • One of the greatest possible ways to lose weight is running. Even if you can't jog for a really long time, do it in intervals and switch between walking and jogging. Just keep that heart rate up and the pounds will absolutely shed off like crazy. My first year of track I lost 15 pounds that I didn't even know I was carrying, and as long as you're working at it every day, you can still eat a decent amount of food. In fact, you really have to so your body has some energy to go run everyday. Just make sure it's good healthy stuff. =P

And while I found track to be extremely enjoyable, some people not like running that much. But if you get a couple of friends together or put on some music, it won't seems as difficult. You just have to make sure you do it every day and there's no way you won't lose weight. Good luck! =D

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • well, its not a tip, but i starved myself. :( Painful.

What you SHOULD do is exercise. Best way to lose weight!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    As said running/anaerobic excercise is a good way to do it. I find making an action plan works the best.

You want to set a target/training zone and work at a % of your max heart rate (which = 220 - your age) and then find the following %'s

Beginner or low fitness level . . 50% - 60%
    Average fitness level . . . . . . . . 60% - 70%
    High fitness level . . . . . . . . . . . 75% - 85%

Code:
    For example we have a 40 year old male

(220-40=180 Max Heart Rate)

60% of max: 180 x .6 = 108 beats per min,
    80% of max: 180 x .8 = 144 beats per min.

Therefore the TARGET HEART RATE range for a 40-year old, working at 60-80% (up to 85% for very fit people) of his/her max heart rate is 108-144 beats/min, simple[B] but just use your age.[/B]

An easy way to know your heart rate whilst excercising, is to take your pulse every 5 mins for 6 seconds and then x this by 10.

Suppose you take your pulse and count 13 in 6 seconds. Multiply by 10 to get 130 beats/min. If your target heart rate range is 128-138 beats/min, you know you're working at a good intensity. If you notice you are lower than the minimum, increase your speed/incline/intensity and count again at the next 5 min mark. If you notice you are very high, decrease your intensity in some way.

Maintain a good intensity for at LEAST 20 mins for best effect. This should be increased over time up to 45 or even 60 minutes.

When beginning this, aim for the lowest part of your target heart rate zone (50 percent of your maximum) during the first few weeks. Gradually build up to the higher part of your target zone (75 percent).

Training below your target zone may not be intense enough to burn sufficient calories, while training above your zone will force your body to burn calories anaerobically, thus you will lose weight.

Sorry if this is tl;dr and yeah i am studying this crap lol

And in general you want improve your diet too as said by other people, probably as soon as you can as this will be quite difficult.

Back