• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

weight question

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • hey, PC members reading this,

I need to ask something, since I'm still in trouble weight wise. Still...quite underweight.

What's the... healthiest way to gain weight steadily? I know eating junk food is not a good way to gain some. I'm not good with the eating thing... I probably had an eating disorder when I was 16 or 17... so. Yeah, so, does anyone know any methods? I can't seem to gain any weight when my doctor says I should be...

Years
  • In order to gain weight you need to be on a caloric surplus. Meaning that you need to find out your Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) as well as your maintenance calories and eat above that. There's various calculators online that help you find this out. While the substance of your food is up to you, the main principle of losing or gaining weight is CICO. Calories in. Calories Out.

Years
  • You could substitute caloric-dense foods for caloric-less dense foods? Like eating more pork than beef/chicken/fish. Eating avocado (since it's super fatty) instead of your usual vegetables several days of the week. Also while you shouldn't eat junk food all the time, not shying away from it will help you eat some calories. You can create a food diary for a week or two to figure out how much you eat on a regular basis and then think about adding some snacks or increasing the size/frequency of your meals.

In general, food with more fat tends to have more calories in it since fat is more calorie-dense than carbs, but obviously don't cut out the carbs. Avocado, nuts, milk (over juice) are all foods that can help you gain weight.

Whatever you do phase it in gradually.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Going on the implant worked for me. Hormones do wonders for people. Not sure if you're a girl or a guy since I'm using phone but if you can get something hormonal it'd help and it'd be fairly effortless.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Personally I wouldn't worry too much really. In puberty lots of energy is used to grow much taller in a relatively short time instead of storing this energy as body fat, so it's perfectly alright for a teenager to be underweight.

Years
  • Forever;bt105190 said:
    Going on the implant worked for me. Hormones do wonders for people. Not sure if you're a girl or a guy since I'm using phone but if you can get something hormonal it'd help and it'd be fairly effortless.

Talk to a medical professional about this one. If we're talking about the same thing, hormonal implants are meant for contraception. Hormones can have other side effects, and you don't know what package of side effects you'll get before you take them (mood swings, acne, headache, weight gain, etc). Some people even lose weight while on an implant, so you never know if you'll get the side effect you want.

Also it can be expensive - I'm assuming you're in America where you might or might not be covered.

Back