• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Weird highlighted words link to facebook?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    Am on mobile so bare with me but if I view a thread or post certain words are highlighted and redirect to facebook?

See attachment.

Could be due to ads or some tracker thing?

Attachments

• Weird highlighted words link to facebook?
      Screenshot_2017-01-03-04-47-14.png
      117.2 KB · Views: 17
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    Yeah these forums are literally flooded with ads...

But this is just annoying as it could easily look like a regular link.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    Quite ironic how that Administrator even tells how you can avoid them. I honestly would suggest to hide them from logged in users and show them to anyone else? Quite frankly I think it puts people off to even use the sites if it is flooded with shady links. Especially new visitors.

Browsing this website is a pain in the ass on mobile. On desktop everything is hidden by using Adblock and Ghostery luckily.

Also if he needs more money to pay the servers why not make subscription for certain ranks so people can show their support? Say it gives you a different username, more inbox space etc etc.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2018
    Quite ironic how that Administrator even tells how you can avoid them. I honestly would suggest to hide them from logged in users and show them to anyone else? Quite frankly I think it puts people off to even use the sites if it is flooded with shady links. Especially new visitors.

Browsing this website is a pain in the ass on mobile. On desktop everything is hidden by using Adblock and Ghostery luckily.

Also if he needs more money to pay the servers why not make subscription for certain ranks so people can show their support? Say it gives you a different username, more inbox space etc etc.

It's pretty much just the name of the game for using the internet. Particularly forums, which don't exactly tend to be money-makers. Forums in general also aren't very mobile friendly to begin with, and depending on the generosity of others rarely ends well for something so costly as hosting servers and such.

Years
  • For what it's worth, the links are not supposed to be appearing that big. They should only be appearing as a normal font with the double underlines indicating the ad links.

I also cannot seem to reproduce them doing that on my end (mobile Chrome, Shooting for the Sun), so my only answer to this would be to change styles and see if it fixes.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    The links would be better if they didn't show a pop-up whenever you hover over them. And it'd also be a nice feature to turn them off in the OP of a post. Many of the headers on my hack topic turned into SkimLinks and they look really ugly.

Back