• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to the Pixel Palace.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Your work never ceases to amaze me!
Only thing I'd point out is that your fakemon sprites don't have any black outline, however that's more of a style issue I think so it doesn't really matter if it's your spriting style. xD

As usual I love your big sprites and I'm looking forward to seeing the complete version of the epic worm! ^.^

I just realised, I love your worms... O_O

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
Thanks TNGUYE3! i know how you love large works, so here is the recently completed submission for Smogon's 5th gen CAP, Mothai. Its supposed to be flying/fighting, and i wanted to something other than a bird, So i thought, BUG! lol
cap1n.png

what do you think?

Years
It's great, you're improving every update. What I do suggest is try some new shading styles and possibly dithering, unless.. you prefer this style.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
Dithering would be hard on a large sprite like this...and i agree new styles of shading would be fin to try out! Thanks for the great compliment Logiedan!

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Although I'm not a fan of bug Pokemon, I must admit that Fighting Bug sprite is phenomenal (spelling? xD). I really like how the lineart is thin at the edges and bulky in the center, gives the lines more "curve" in it.
The shading is standard although I love what you did at the head, with the highlights and even the shadow of the leaf etc. giving depth to it, emphasizing the "roundness" of the head.
I love the way you shaded the hairy chest, as your shading gives the chest the "furry" texture to it, so it's pretty impressive.
Overall I like the technique you used! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
Thanks you guys! I like the newer pokedex, its much more visually appealin and awesomesauce!

I like my buggeh as well :D

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
update for the sake of update. I sprted up my own hoothoot! Its a Normal/Flying now, but when it evolves, My Noctowl is Psychic/Flying B)

shoothoot.png

oh and fakemon too :p [fire/dragon]
salamahut.png

Last edited:

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Your work is really good, especially some of the new stuff you've been showing lately. The last sprite you put, the four-winged crane/swan (i'm guessing) is beautiful; though I feel like there is a lot going on in terms of feathers. It's really nice though. :)

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
Its actually supposed to be an Ibis. It's name Ibiphim is a mix of Ibis and Seraphim, or six winged Angel. Its a pure flying type that is supposed to look heavenly and regal.

Exxmaniac

lolwut???
Years
It's pretty well made! It's pose is cool and its outline is pretty smooth. One thing though, why'd you use purple to outline the bone parts? It kinda sticks out a bit to me.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
I used purple because the color nintendo had where the purple was used wasnt dark enough. I also thought that puple worked fine ._.

Blizzard-Prince

digitalARTIST not for hire
Years
I can't see the resemblance that much to my horned wyvern, but okay. xDD

It's a nicely done piece of pixel art. I love how smooth it looks and the shinyness adds alot to the quality. Design wise, it's very unique. The large arms and booster (?) feet are awesome.

You remind me quite a lot of my spriter friend Shaun. Maybe you know anyone with the screen name Darkazam or D.A. or Shaunybug? xDD

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
I actually dont, What forums are they on? I know it doesnt have any physical resemblance. The reason #99 inspired me was because of the wings and I wanted to do a monster that focused around wings. those arms are actually similar to lugia's in structure, hollowed out to cause a plane's lift effect, and its booster feet cause for it's powerful and fast aerial movement.

Back