• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Thaaat sounds kinda interesting, what is that set?

I'd actually bother with a mega zard if I knew one that weren't super overused and cheesy... Defensive one sounds neattttt
    It typically looks like this:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze--->Tough Claws
    EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Earthquake/Fire Punch
    - Dragon Claw
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Roost

Suppose it doesn't get used as much since this one fits better on more defensive teams and the crazy sweeping/wallbreaking power of the other sets is probably more attractive to the average player.

.....a semi-stall or stall team with this thing sounds fun actually

srinator

I don't normally that many speed ev's, since it's mainly for gyarados. I use it mainly for outspeeding jolly bisharp, which requires around the same ev's lol I think it was 108 iirc. But yah

Also I made a full stall with This, is actually very nice.

Pro tip: if you don't use fire punch and go for eq, have a super amazing serp counter or check that can take at +2, that thing shreds

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • tbh i'd use flare blitz even on a defensive zard x

anyway let's discuss this pokemon
    Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

man Torn-T is so frustrating to use... it often needs to rely on one or two innacurate moves, and on top of that it's weak as balls

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What made people start wanting to use Tornadus-T though? There used to be a time where like no one considered using it, and then it became an OU staple. What makes it relevant now as opposed to months ago?

srinator

Because of regenerator and great speed that helps beat offensive stuff.
    Sad how I never see this as a good mon :/ because with ass best I feel it's too weak, and that's what most people use to check/counter stuff in the meta
    Idk how popular lo is

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Well Torn-T already had good scouting capabilities, with U-turn+Regen and 121 base speed to outspeed 90% of the meta. Then offense got much more popular and he was able to outspeed most pokemon with base 110-115 speed and check them... in theory, but Hurricane is, well... Hurricane. When a 70% accurate move is your STAB, there are huge problems. And even with Hurricane, he is still kinda weak (unless he is LO, but that set is only viable on rain teams). If he uses Air Slash, he hits like a wet towel. Focus Blast is a key coverage move, but it suffers from the same problems as Hurrimiss. U-turn+Knock Off aren't that strong either.

Torn-T is a great 'mon, but he's incredibly frustrating to use. He suffers from "weavile syndrome".

Last edited:

srinator

Weavile has knock off and shard, and a pretty reliable icicle crash, what is the weavile syndrome?
    Weavile is p amazing

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Weavile has knock off and shard, and a pretty reliable icicle crash, what is the weavile syndrome?
    Weavile is p amazing

Term: Weavile Syndrome
    Explanation: A Pokemon that is crippled by having to rely on low Base Power moves to deal damage.
    Example: Mega Beedrill, Mega Aerodactyl
    Reference: Personal Experience
    And remember Gen 4 and 5 where Weav had to use Night Slash and Ice Punch. This is exactly Air Slash Torn-T's problem, and even Hurricane variants suffer from it to a lesser extent. I mean...

160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 148-175 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 152-179 (37.6 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years

• 160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingdra: 156-184 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 157-187 (53.9 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    (kingdra has 85/95/95 bulk btw)

Now you get it? Torn-T's Hurricane hits about as hard as Weav's Ice Punch.

srinator

...which is what I said, I don't get what's happening anymore lol

But yh

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back