• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
People always tell me to get a Mac, and honestly? I don't think I will for two reasons.

One, I purchased my new computer in recent months and it fits all my purposes for a computer to a tee.

And two, Macs are just ridiculously expensive, even with the student discount. I don't have that kind of money, and if I did...I would have spent all the dough building a computer with all the parts I want it to have.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
lol did you just use a conversation about Macs to randomly and shamelessly pimp out your Ed, Edd & Eddy Club? That is so something I'd do. I respect that big time.

On a completely unrelated note, http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?u=252181

Yep, I totally like to advertise here :3

At least I shared a story. I guess Macs are okay, lack of some programs is frustrating though. AND I'VE BROKEN 3 CHARGERS ALREADY.

also happy 13th B'day Google.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
To be honest... If I were to get a new computer next year, I would get a Windows 7 one... on the same budget as the equivalent Mac's budget.

Unless Windows 8 tablets arrive by then. Then I'll just throw in an external keyboard + mouse combo, external HDDs and disc drives and be done with laptops.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
i find that most people who get macs (at least around this age up to the mid-late 20s) get it from a family member as a gift or present of some sort.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I got my iPod as a present. Hmm... I do not own any other Apple products.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It's my policy - price compare before buying. Usually I end up not getting the Apple product. It's like the last time I chose a phone to replace my broken phone. Between iPhone 4 and something else... I chose something else.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
ohhhh, passing up a mac for a less expensive product i can understand, but the king of the smartphones?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've looked around in stores - I honestly don't see how Macs are any more expensive than Windows laptops :S at least in Australia...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
oh yeah. that i can understand. the phone packages and prices for the iphone are so ridiculously high.

@shining raichu: because they're apple products and apple products are always more expensive than their counterparts.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
With all the phone companies getting rid of unlimited data plans I don't see myself getting a smartphone any time soon. xD

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I can easily shave off several hundred bucks if I buy a non-Apple equivalent. Sometimes, over a thousand.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
i'm moving to the uk where the plans are much more user friendly!

Years
Tell me about it.

While I hear of companies getting rid of unlimited data plans, a provider actually stepped out of the capping circle in the UK and started a plan with all-you-can-eat data.

That mobile provider is Three, and they have a little something called "The One Plan" - all-you-can-eat data and other additives for a total of £25 a month.

It's the plan I currently have on my iPhone 4, and my god has it helped.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I know there's still one unlimited data plan, my bf is tempted to switch over to it with his Android once his contract runs out if they don't let him keep his unlimited.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Tell me about it.

While I hear of companies getting rid of unlimited data plans, a provider actually stepped out of the capping circle in the UK and started a plan with all-you-can-eat data.

That mobile provider is Three, and they have a little something called "The One Plan" - all-you-can-eat data and other additives for a total of £25 a month.

It's the plan I currently have on my iPhone 4, and my god has it helped.
omg that is so amazing. the only carriers around here that do that are one of those pay as you go plans they have out there, and those only apply to those ancient flip phones! even an unlocked iphone can't use them. :(

Years
This is the sort of thing that make me glad that my iPhone isn't locked to a provider, because I bought it straight from Apple.

When I first bought it, I stayed with Vodafone for a bit until I discovered what Three was actually going to do, I found it astonishing and it was no wonder their sales went right up, though I did have my doubts at first.

But having been with their plan for six months already, I can honestly say I'm making the most of my phone on the go without having to worry about the bill too much.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Even the unlimited Sprint plan is over twice as expensive ;0;

-moves to England-

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Maybe I should just upgrade my phone plan into one of these phone packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back