• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm... identical items? What if there's a way to sneak in things under these items?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I know a lot of people were grumbling about their policy, but that movie theater did show movies free if you had a college ID, so I guess they have to make their money somehow... but I think they were doing a big crackdown on smuggled snacks during that one time I went with my friends, so they might not always be so hardcore about checking for outside food.

The movies might have been free, but they were always ones that had been out for awhile. Which is why I hardly went there unless a group of friends was going and they invited me.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I could imagine, but at least it's free.
    Besides, these days people just have tvs that are rather large, so movies at home can be good.

My cousins had a projector that took up a whole wall, great for movies, it was

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I have a feeling that HDTVs and Blu-rays are going to eat into the cinema's share.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Now that foxtel has on demand and such.

Oh, let's not forget the internet >:)

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Or, basically, lots of sources for high-quality videos, TV episodes and movies these days... all for your home, privately!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    But the feeling of watching something in the theaters is VERY different from watching it on TV or all other hubberknucky.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • but what if in due time other hubberknucky surpasses the defined quality of the cinemas?

And the price difference is large x)

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • It's really nice watching something in the cinema with tons of other people who were probably as excited about the movie as you. That's how I feel, at least. xD;
    /doesn't go to the cinema very often
    Also, the atmosphere is very different. In a nice way.
    Makes the movie more dramatic.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Exactly what Ryuuka said! :D
    Although, I really prefer watching movies at the theaters rather than watching them on TV and all that hubberknucky.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I have to say I prefer watching movies at the cinemas as well. xD;
    There's just... not many movies I'm interested in these days, lol.
    Not to mention I hardly get the chance to go, either. xD;

But the screening for Harry Potter Part 2 was still absolutely fantastic!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    As I've said before, I have money problems atm so I'm not going to watch any movies at the theaters anytime soon.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I prefer the combination of... the living room HDTV, a high-def source and headphones to cinemas.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Whatever floats your boat, Twiggums. As long as your source is legal, of course. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I wish there was an Everybody Loves Raymond movie, too bad it's impossible though due to Frank's actor being dead :(

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    lol Ryuuka

I don't think Twiggy does illegal stuff. I see him as someone who strictly abides to the rules, therefore he always buy stuff. :3

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Haha, I always try to buy my stuff whenever I can, as well. xD;
    I only resort to downloading when I'm completely flatout of money, and I won't be able to try it out until a few months, or so. This usually only relates to games.
    But then, when I DO get the money, I go ahead and buy it eventually.

Back in the day, though...
    I downloaded stuff nonstop. It was insane. o3o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back