• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • I plan to buy all the Glee dvds.
    You can't compare quality to the pirated ones.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I hope you get it too :D !
    Good Luck, Vappy!

I have a job, I had to work today, but didn't due to family matters.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Gah, job talk reminds me of work experience. Gah, so tiring, I worked in a clothes shop for two weeks, it was pretty fun a lot of the time though. :s

/ignores more cinema talk.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Oh my God this word is epic, what does it mean?!
    It's gibberish for those people who can't understand Zeffy language, but it means "other". And yeah, I just invented that. =p

And I couldn't agree more Andy! You can have an HD speaker and a surround sound television, but you can never match the number of people watching the movie with you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I can't get a job. =/ With those stupid Child Labor Laws that aren't child labor even because we get paid. .-..

But my first pay-check is going towards a HUGE flat screen tv i'm gonna mount on my wall. muhahaha. then idunno, probably some pot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh my God this word is epic, what does it mean?!

Also, cinema > DVD. You can disagree if you like, but opinions are opinions :P

Had to fix that. Little petpeeve of mine, y'know.

Anyways, I would love to have a job so I can have more money in my pocket, but buh.

Years
  • I need to pay off my Housing still, and the darn mail-room hasn't finished sorting out the mail urgzhz. :(

I want my refund check already. :B

I'll go find a job next quarter. I want to make Fall quarter easy for now. :L

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I desperately want a job and wish I could have one, but I can't make the commitment to having a job. Not because I'm lazy, I've had jobs before, but school now is so unpredictable for me. Besides the 21+ hours of class I have per week, I never know if I'm going to be needed on-location for a project, since I go to school studying film and filmmaking. That can easily take several hours from my day and having to go to work will only make me unreliable in my colleague's eyes and therefore hinder my grades.

I could so do with the money though...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm a webmaster of a nightclub! Because I'm edgy and cool. ;3

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I shouldn't have quit my last job, no matter how much of a prick my boss was. I had $20 an hour (after tax) coming in and three free items of clothing every month for my ~hard work~. It's a shame I didn't work up the determination to put up with my boss, it was a really nice clothing store :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I shouldn't have quit my last job, no matter how much of a prick my boss was. I had $20 an hour (after tax) coming in and three free items of clothing every month for my ~hard work~. It's a shame I didn't work up the determination to put up with my boss, it was a really nice clothing store :(

I had a similar predicament. Except it wasn't twenty dollars, more like eight. :x
    But, yea, I couldn't put up with my boss or the customers attitudes and I quit after a while, but, I could have used the money. Or more importantly, after I quit, my dad harasses me saying I'm a quitter ever day since I quit and, to be frank, it's annoying and childish.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I had a similar predicament. Except it wasn't twenty dollars, more like eight. :x
    But, yea, I couldn't put up with my boss or the customers attitudes and I quit after a while, but, I could have used the money. Or more importantly, after I quit, my dad harasses me saying I'm a quitter ever day since I quit and, to be frank, it's annoying and childish.

A similar thing happened with me. I just couldnt put up with customer's comments about me( that were unrelated to the store or something they needed help with) I stuck it out for 2 1/2 years but couldnt take it anymore and quit last November, I sometimes think that was a stupid thing to do, but they were never going to stop.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I had one job a few years ago, but had to quit. It wasn't because I hated it, hated the employees or the customers, it's that school left me utterly exhausted and drained me of my motivation to do much work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    My motivation to work every day would be the fact that I'm earning money I could put towards things I need and want.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I had a job at $10/hr, but the place really sucked and the owner wanted to get rid of staff benefits. We'd only be different from the people that go there because we did something there and got money from it. Really annoying and I am glad they let me go. A few months later, everyone else walked off the job because the owner was being a complete moron.

And I don't blame them, honestly. It's a much longer story, but I'll leave it at that unless someone wants to know.

Um...isn't that what a job is? You go there, do things, get money? I don't understand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back