• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Were the ORAS games just as good as the originals?

Which games were better?

• Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 49 62.8%
  • Neither was significantly better/worse than the other

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    ORAS is without a doubt better.
    Sure, I also love the originals and like to return and replay them,
    but when I have to compare, ORAS is the winner.

I mean, what can be worse in it than in the originals?
    It's still like the old ones but the graphics are fresh, they added stuff
    to the story, and also new mechanics and whatsoever.

Definitely better.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    ORAS >>>
    Like even though there are things in Emerald that I prefer over ORAS, the innovations that have come with the three gens of Pokémon that came afterwards have made ORAS a much better experience and make it difficult to go back.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I played Emerald not long before ORAS came out, and I really adored Emerald - that and FRLG was one of the few surviving save files from back in 2004(?) when the games first came out. But as soon as ORAS came out I thought they were better, they're better looking in 3D the story was great and I generally loved it, other than the Post Game (after Delta Emerald). I would say ORAS is more "replayable" than the original RSE.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I think ORAS are definitely better. The original gen 3 was one of my least rated as I found it tedious with all the surfing and it has my least favourite legendary trio (despite the fact it introduced my favourite Pokemon), but the remakes fixed a lot of the flaws that the originals have, pushing them to be one of my favourite Pokemon games next to B/W/2. I am convinced encounter rates on water are much less frequent, and the story seems to be more involving and have more too it. The Delta Episode was a brilliant addition! Then there's the soaring... who doesn't love soaring?! It's one game I can replay and enjoy :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    After playing both of these games at least once, I would tell that both games are pretty much the same and would play both of these games again. Even though ORAS had better graphics and more updated stuff overall, this is just a remake for those who have or have not played the originals. Both games are even and both the same. Though this is just my opinion so..... See ya!!!

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I think oras is better but I think some features should be post-game like the dexnav. Getting hidden ability pokemon with egg moves and 3 iv is really op and they are quite common too. I mean friendsafari was post-game too so why is this at the start of the game? Handing out a legendary which was post-game in the originals and was a roaming you get handed out and with its mega. Exp-share is a key item like in X & Y but not raising the levels of gym-leaders and e4? Too many of these things made Oras WAAAAY TOOO EASYY! Even more than X&Y

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I much prefer the originals. Maybe it's just me being nostalgic, but I much prefer the time I spent with the old games rather than these newer ones. Don't get me wrong, OR/AS were super enjoyable, and I loved revisiting Hoenn in 3D, but it just wasn't the same feeling I got as when I played the original R/S/E. And as such, I will always prefer the older games.

Back