• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What about... controllers?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    The N64 controller was nice for FPS games because of the Z trigger behind it. But it was a bad design since it doesn't make use of the D-Pad in a lot of games, so you're left with four useless buttons when using the analog stick.

The best one is the Xbox 360 controller, by far. They've moved the analog stick to where the D-Pad was, which is much more ergonomic in 3D games. Sony will never admit Microsoft got it right, so they keep placing the left analog stick where it is, but ultimately the Xbox 360 design is superior.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm fond of Playstation Dual Analog controller, because it's easy to hold, and it is much better than its original controller, to the point that I buy one of its variant (which is not from Sony, obviously) for PC gaming. And I still have 2 of these Dual Analog controllers, despite being not used anymore.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'm going to spark controversy by stating that the N64 controller was one of the worst controllers ever produced. It's so awkward to hold.

Years
    I'm going to spark controversy by stating that the N64 controller was one of the worst controllers ever produced. It's so awkward to hold.

I second that. I mean, it was fine enough when I was a kid but these days I really can't use it for longer sessions.

My personal favorite though would have to be the Gamecube one but I've started to warm up to Dualshock after getting a PS3. ^^

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    How so?

It served its purpose well enough, just wasn't space efficient

I think just because I've grown a lot my larger adult hands just feel too clunky around the controller. I've never been a big fan of that middle part that sticks right down on the controller, as I feel the need to maneuver my hands around just to hit the d-pad on the left side.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I think just because I've grown a lot my larger adult hands just feel too clunky around the controller. I've never been a big fan of that middle part that sticks right down on the controller, as I feel the need to maneuver my hands around just to hit the d-pad on the left side.

But how often does a game use both the Control Stick and the D-Pad? I don't think I've played any like that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2017
    The DualShock 2 will always be the best controller for me. That symmetry is just too good! I'm probably a little biased, because I grew up with a PS1 / PS2, though.

I would've said the DualShock 3, but those L2/R2 buttons... I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I really, really don't like those springs they use. Ever since I killed my R2 button on my old DualShock 3, I'm way too careful when playing racing games / games with driving in them now. The button on the old controller just sinks in now, thanks to L.A. Noire. ;~;

Back