• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What about uncommonly used 'mon and their movesets?

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    Linoone is actually NOT that underpowered...

Linoone- [spd or atk + / sp.atk -] @ liechi/salac berry
    EV: Atk and Spd max!
    -belly drum
    -extremespeed
    -shadowball
    -HP Ground/Sub

Luvdisc- don't ask me how to use this crappy thing... ask Kairi for this one as she beat a Salamence with Luvdisc *crazy*

Cacturne- [def or sp.def + / sp.atk -] @ leftovers/quick claw?
    EV: defensive EVs
    -destiny bond
    -spike
    -leech seed
    -protect

not sure... GREAT movepool but crappy stats for all those supportive type movepools

Shedinja- [atk + / def -] @ lum berry
    EV: Atk and Spd
    -shadowball
    -aerial ace
    -silver wind
    -protect

As if there are any other sets anyway XD;

Sableye- [def or sp.def + / sp.atk -] @ leftovers
    EV: defensive EVs
    -toxic
    -confuse ray
    -recover
    -shadowball/seismic toss/knock off

*shrug* I don't know...

Castform- [sp.atk + / atk -] @ quick claw?
    EV: (dunno...)
    -weather ball
    -sunny day
    -solarbeam
    -thunderbolt/thunderwave

The attacks are easy to make... just the stats manipulation that's hard...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: oh my god that was funny. u didnt know wat to do at all.
    *wipes the tears off my eyes* actually by following cacturns ability it can be annoying in a way since ull "almost" never hit it.
    cacturn-quiet
    sandstorm(ability)
    neddle arm(flinching and good atk)
    double team(making it more annoying:P)
    revenge(since its quiet and slower itll be more powerful)

Luvdisc- don't ask me how to use this crappy thing... ask Kairi for this one as she beat a Salamence with Luvdisc *crazy*
    i guess she used luvdisc bcuz its pink :D. well lets see wat i can do hmm...
    luvdisc-modest[f]
    ice beam
    atract/rain dance
    double team/rain dance
    sweet kiss/rain dance/safeguard

is that good enogh to beat slamence. well maybe a low-leveled one.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I know that she used choice band on Luvdisc... o.o; *not even going to try to think about such complicated matter*

Setting up sandstorm and surviving all those turns with double team will take miralce =/
    And then salamence comes out, and aerial ace, and ggkthxnorm =/

If you're going with double team, at least use brightpowder with Tyranitar's help. Don't use revenge as what's the point of it if you won't be hit? Go Focus punch if you're risking double team.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    I know that she used choice band on Luvdisc... o.o; *not even going to try to think about such complicated matter*

Setting up sandstorm and surviving all those turns with double team will take miralce =/
    And then salamence comes out, and aerial ace, and ggkthxnorm =/

If you're going with double team, at least use brightpowder with Tyranitar's help. Don't use revenge as what's the point of it if you won't be hit? Go Focus punch if you're risking double team.

she most likely had ice beam since theres almost no other move that can help much. im so :confused: y dont u (frosty) just ask her wat she did to beat salamence, i mean u r paired with her.

cacturn has a very good strategy with sandstorm but one or two aerial aces and :dead:. ok so lets see how it is shall we

cacturn-quiet(have to stick to it bcuz im talking bout my shiny)-brightpower
    sandstorm
    double team
    focus punch~thanks frosty never would of remembered bout that
    neddle arm

its pretty good, its a pkmn of luck(and hopefully no aerial ace).never would of thought that one day id hav to fear the flying type.
    and ill take the risk, risk is my middle name after dangerous, kind, curagious, helpful, misgiveus, ect. man i really need to shorten my middle name. :P

now it just hit me, wat happens if sneasel, dragonite, or alakazam use focus punch and get attacked. will they flintch or not flintch thanks to "inner focus".

Last edited:

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    For me, most Grass types are too fragile and have too many weaknesses. That's one problem I have with Cacturne even though I actually like him. Low defences and Speed don't help matters. By the time you've set up your evasive tactics the enemy will have most likely struck you with a super effective hit (Fire, Ice, Bug, Fighting, Poison, Flying - most teams have at least one strong move of each of those types methinks).

Anyway I'm needing help with Magcargo. My G/S/C one had Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Body Slam and Amnesia. His Attack stat was low then, but in R/S without EVs its going to be abismal, so I guess no Rock Slide/Body Slam.

And yes I know he's a pretty lame fighter, but isn't that half the point of the thread. ;)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Marcargo is a joke... has THE MOST weakness within the game, and I believe he's the only Pokemon with 2 x4 weakness. Blah that's worst than Eggy and Celebi. Too bad a good Pokemon with good stats only 2 messed up types to screw it over.

Well... I've seen a Cacturne off lucky few days ago using double team just once and all my fire punch missed from then on as he keeps using double team... =/ But that's once in a life time.

Grass types have a few good Pokemon... I personally think that these are all usable
    -Eggy (most common grass types by far)
    -Sceptile (2nd most common?)
    -Celebi (note: semi-ubar)
    -Breloom
    -Cradily

Uncommon but are definitely usable (to me)
    -jumpluff
    -victreebel
    -meganium

There maybe a few others...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Choice band? Nonononononono?. Focus Band. I hung on and took it out in two blizzards. ^_^;;;

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    Kairi said:
    Choice band? Nonononononono?. Focus Band. I hung on and took it out in two blizzards. ^_^;;;

u were lucky both blizzards hit and focus band activated.*thinks...*wow a luvdisc.

vs.

we can clearly see the winner of this battle. a cute little pink luvdisc :P

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    and I believe he's the only Pokemon with 2 x4 weakness.

Golem? Aggron? XD

But yeah, Magcargo's best stat is its Defence, and the rest are pretty lame. You'd think a Pokemon with such low Speed, HP and Attack would have extra boosts to its Special Attack or something (not that his Sp Atk is atrocious or anything), but hey.

I think Torkoal's come along and owned Magcargo in every way possible anyway. Even has higher Defence. But he's not as cool. XD

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    for me macargo only has 2 uses:stalling and breeding
    it owns 3 very useful atks that many beggining pkmn can learn:body slam, flamethrower, and rock slide altough torcoal could learn 2 of thoughs moves. it can even learn earthquake but that move is practicly unbreedable.
    i think torcoal should of been the evolved form of macargo i mean its better than it in every way except sp.def.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Rock/Ground has tons of 2x weakness and 1 4x weakness, but it doesn't have 2 x4 weakness.

But then yes I forgot Aggron... it is x4 weak to fighting and ground (it's steel/rock so yeah...) But then Aggron is superior against any other physical moves ^_^; (but still, not that useful at all... Rhydon > Aggron)

Just leave Torkoal as a turtle, and Marcargo a flaming snail ^_^; Torkoal is super NU though due to the super lack of speed, and the difficult EV distributions it have (since it MUST mix sweep due to lack of movepool, but it is a very nice surprise having explosion XD)

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    Rock/Ground has tons of 2x weakness and 1 4x weakness, but it doesn't have 2 x4 weakness.

Grass and Water? :/

I would've thought Torkoal would be used quite a bit. Amnesia, Iron Defence, Explosion, Overheat/Flamethrower maybe?

Oh and I'm glad Torkoal isn't the evolved Magcargo XD. Why would a snail evolve into a turtle? It does have seemingly Magcargo stage-3 stats though. Maybe they should continue his evolution chain in the next pair of games.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    o.o; Yeah... guess I forgot about grass. Never seen anyone use a grass attack for too long to remember anything about it.

Torkoal with that moveset requires too long of a setup, and also since it can't heal up afterward, it's quite useless. Plus a "friendly" toxic will always wear you out if you do not have rest for a staller.

Kabutops

Force to be Reckoned With
    Years
    since this is a thread on uncommonly used pokemon... what's a good move set for Sneasal?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Sneasil- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ liechi berry
    EV: Atk, Spd
    -substitute
    -quick attack/return
    -shadowball
    -swords dance

*shrug*

I just randomly threw moves together pretty much... =/
    Not sure if swords dance and liechi are redoned as that slot could have been brick break, but it also seems like Sneasil needed that help o.o;

Kabutops

Force to be Reckoned With
    Years
    it seems that sneasle wouldn't need swords dance though, that's its second highest stat (after speed)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    However do take note of the benefits you can get from using sub first, block a status changing move, and the free turn to swords dance. It is a rather deadly combo at times.

If swords dance is too redoned, use aerial ace or brick break instead then.

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
    Absolutely not Quick Attack. BB vs Return could depend on your whole team so I'd look over your pogeys to see what your weaknesses/strengths are. Then check if that helps in your choice for Sneasel. Although BB's ability to break through Light Screen and Reflect is pretty cool.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    I'd go with Substitute, Shadow Ball, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance. As 'Weaver said, Substitute the first turn, giving you a free Swords Dance on the second. Then you're ready to beat down any Fighters (Who Sneasel is 4x weak to) with Aerial Ace and clean up with Shadow Ball. I prefer two 'typed' attacks as opposed to Return, since that doesn't have an advantage over anything.

For the record though, Sneasel's Attack stat isn't exactly sky high (95 Base Stat I think), so he'll need the Swords Dance help to boost it up to Absol-proportions. He definitely has the Speed though.

Back