• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime/manga have you watched last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Fairy Tail Chapters 1-20

My pair told me to read this, and quite frankly, I'm glad. It's an amazing manga, and I would have definitely read more of it if I wasn't trying to pace myself so the manga would last longer (considering I have nothing else to read other than Gurren Lagann afterwards.)

Definitely going to enjoy this~

Years
    @Miniryu: Glad to see another one enjoys Onani.
    Likewise. It's got to be the most difficult series to recommend to anyone, ever. XD;

Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuutsu, eps. 17-25: I had some time so I decided to finally finish this ONA series today. I didn't left off at episode 17, though I thought I did. The latter episodes weren't as funny as I've hoped but the OP for episode 25...just....WOW. I couldn't believe my eyes. Extreme Clannad & Haruhi fantarding ensued rabidly. ToT Though after this series is really where KyoAni really went downhill, so I shouldn't be too happy, I suppose.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pretty Cure ep, 1-5
    First caught this on the "random viewing TV" at the anime convention in January and finally decided to give it a shot. So far it's been pretty good harmless entertainment for when you have some time to kill and want to kill it with kawaii magical girls :P

Years
    Seitokai no Ichizon, eps 1-2: Started this show this afternoon thanks to a recommendation from my in real life best friend. I can feel the Lucky Star vibe in this one, though the humor is much more straight up and parody than Lucky Star. I enjoy how the main male character has characteristics of a Key harem lead as well as the Butt Monkey trope in him. @~@; And my Watch List grows bigger~ I like moe

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Utawarerumono
    I watched the main series a while ago actually, a few years back methinks. But then I found out recently that there were OVAs and 4 shorts released so that prompted me to watch the series all over again, then watched the OVAs and shorts. I swear, the shorts were the funnies thing I've seen in a while. "Hid there of all places!!?!" -keels over laughing-

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Kobato episode 19
    Just when Ioryogi san says 'When spring comes, It's time to say goodbye to Kobato," this scene appears. Notice that Kobato didn't have any footprints. Animation errors or intentionally? I wish it was intentionally as Kobato's mysteries goes on and on.

Since it was too big, here: https://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5669/kobato19large36.jpg

Bakemonogatari episode 14
    Tsubasa Cat Op is awesome! I love how it's the complete opposite of staple stable, even the animation is opposite!

Medaka Box chapter 1
    I was listening to sugar sweet nightmare and tried to check out Medaka Box. Not impressed, but I'll stick to it.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Manga: Fairy Tail chapter 174

OK, remember me spazzing in my previous post? My alt's previous post, that is.

My spazzing still stands.

Spoiler:

Years
    Tengenn Toppa Gurren Lagann, eps 7-8: If I wasn't accidentally spoiled the events a long time prior to watching these episodes, I think they would have had a bit more emotional impact on me. Still, it was two episodes filled with awesome. Whatever happened to larger-than-life heroic shows like these? No, Naruto and the likes don't count. :L

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I watched four amazing anime movies recently; Tekkon Kinkreet, Paprika, 5 Centimeters Per Second: a chain of short stories about their distance, and Grave of the Fireflies.

All of them were great to watch but my favourite was Tekkon Kinkreet. It had a wonderful and pleasing visual style that wasn't too over-the-top or anything. The backgrounds were beautifully well done. I watched it dubbed; and it's probably the best dub I've ever seen (there might be better dubs out there, but whatever… I don't watch a lot of dubbed anime). I even felt myself getting a bit teary-eyed at certain parts. The characters were lovely and memorable, and even the yazuka were quite memorable (especially Kimura). It's currently my favourite movie and it will be for a long time.

Paprika was a strange yet wonderfully fascinating movie. It was a bit hard to understand but I don't think it was really meant to be understood… if that makes any sense. The characters were nice (Paprika was adorable) and the art was simple but I enjoyed it. I bought this on DVD since I seen it in a store (I was quite surprised to find a store that sold anime DVDs) and so I watched it dubbed. Again, the English voice acting was very good and Paprika's voice was cute but it wasn't incredibly high-pitched or majorly cute; it was about right. The background music was great as well. I'm glad they released an OST for it. I love "A Drop Filled With Memories", "Mediational Field" and the ending song, "The Girl in Byakkoya - White Tiger Field". Oh, and a little something for any VOCALOID fans out there: the composer of the music (Susumu Hirasawa) used MEIKO's voice in the songs I just listed. I didn't realize it was her singing until I was I seen it when I was looking through the VOCALOID Wikia. Pretty cool, amirite? Satoshi Kun is a pretty good director so I plan on watching his other works like Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Memories and Millennium Actress.

5 Centimeters Per Second: a chain of short stories about their distance was a movie with the best background art I have ever seen in a anime ever (the sunset scenes were gorgeous too). It wasn't as sad as I expected it to be but I raged hard at the ending; I wanted to punch that girl so hard for not waiting after the trains had passed still found the ending very sad. The music was great too. I plan to watch more of Makoto Shinkai's works.

Grave of the Fireflies was a Studio Ghilbi film. And an extremely sad one. I almost cried. Almost. I probably would of cried but my family were laughing at something in the background which kind of ruined of the mood. Again, I bought it on DVD (I'm trying to collect all the Studio Ghilbi films on DVD: I have… four so far /o/). As with most Studio Ghilbi films, I enjoyed the English voice acting. A great movie with great characters.

Anime shows I've watched but I can't be bothered to elaborate on them: Dance in the Vampire Bund (cool fight, bro), Ookami Kaushi (keeps on getting better and better), Bakemonogatari (good news: it was an enjoyable episode / bad news: there's only one more episode left), Gintama (recently started this series and it's good), CLANNAD ~After Story~ (too bad I saw spoilers for the later episodes), Durarara!! (that twist at the end, ffff) and Sora no Woto (lolwat). Now onto manga:

I've read Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen*, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Watanagashi-hen*, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Tatarigoroshi-hen (MyAnimeList says there's been eleven chapters published, yet I can only find seven that have been translated/scanlated?) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Himatsubushi-hen* and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Utsutsukowashi-hen. Yeah, that's a lot of Higurashi. The ones with a * next to them means that I've finished them. Watanagashi-hen will always be my favourite arc because of pshyco!Shion. <3

Other manga: Katekyo Hitman REBORN!, Pandora Hearts (that last chapter was so amazing i dont even), Kuroshitsuji, Kimi ni Todoke and Touhou Bougetsushou ~ Silent Sinner in Blue.

HOLY CRAP this post is so tl;dr. ;__; Sorry~

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pretty Cure ep. 10-15

The brainless muscle dude is finished off, but the next set of baddies to take on the Pretty Cures look to be a lot smarter and more strategic. And yes, it's still cute as ever :P

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Anime~

Kanon (2002) Episode 1: Even if the animation is a bit crappy, I actually really liked it :3 I'll watch the remake once I finish this XD

5 Centimeters Per Second (the whole thing): After I finished this I felt kind of sad. I really can't say why D: It was a lovely movie-thing, but... I guess just some of the things that went on were really sad.

Fairy Tail Episode 20: Yes I have to get this in here. Please tell me the next episode is the start of the Phantom Lord arc D: By the way, baby Happy = uber cute in the anime.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Macross Frontier ep. 8
    Fairy Tail ep. 7
    FMA: Brotherhood ep. 8

Yay for anime club. We watch other series too, but these are the three that we started this semester that I've seen all the episodes thus far.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I'm so gonna watch 5cm per second if I have the time. I mean, everyone here has!

Medaka Box ch 39
    That smiling girl, 'Best Pain' is so annoying. More annoying than Itsuki Koizumi from Haruhi series in terms of smiling. Also, girls in Medaka Box seems to have huge chests. Even girls who have their face wrapped up in bandages! And you can see a lot of those girls here in this 'ere manga. Nisio Isin really is a pervert.

Kobato ep 20
    CLAMP-written episode. Gave super spoilers. We know now that Kobato wants to go to the place to meet a certain someone, Kobato having a hat gave a sign of what she is, and TRC people being slightly older. (Fai has longer hair.) Also, super lol at Ioryogi-san and Mokona! Best.Comedic.Duo.EVER. Kurogane and Ioryogi has the same VA, which is quite anooying, but the puns about that were hilarious!

Mokona and Ioryogi pretending to be stuff dolls.
    Mokona: I'm great pretending to be a stuffed animal!
    Ioryogi: Then stop talking!
    After a while, Mokona started humming a song.
    Mokona: Hm~ Hm~ Hmm~
    Ioryogi: STOP SINGING EITHER!

Years
    Kanon 2006.
    I loved it... I was so amazed that I was speechless after ending...
    It was so beautiful and so romantic. :)
    You should watch other Kyoto Animation's Key adaptations too if you haven't already. (b-v-)b

Tengenn Toppa Gurren Lagann, eps 9-17: It just keeps getting better. I left off at the start of pretty much a new season (ep. 17), and it did a good job of interesting me so far. The ending of the first arc was in typical shounen fashion, but it was done extremely well, and I felt happy when the Gurren Lagann came back. Though from what it appears so far, there is going to be some sort of plot twists that will make me not so glad about the Earth turning out the way it did. :O

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I just finished Seitokai no Ichizon and Cromartie high school. Both are amazing animes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back