• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What antivirus do you use?

Mumei

Pokédork
Years
  • I use Norton, mainly because that's what came with my comp. I'm thinking about getting rid of it though, because for some reason the definition updates don't work... which probably isn't a good thing.

I have so many layers of protection, though, that the worst I've ever had to deal with is a tracking cookie or two.

*knocks on wood*

UltraBlaziken

Cyber Trainer
    Years
  • I use avast! 4.8 Home Edition. I would be a total liar by not saying it's pure pwnage. :D

I also love how to default skin looks like a media player. :P

Ayselipera

Norton anti virus. Works like crap though.
    I wouldn't recommend it.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    to those of you who use AVG i would recomend getting rid of it! my moms computer had it and its scans kept getting interupted by something (i dont remember why) and the day it finally did a complete scan it said that some of her files that the computer needs to be able to run were viruses! I looked it up and AVG does that with a lot of files that seem like viruses but really are not

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I use Norton, mainly because that's what came with my comp. I'm thinking about getting rid of it though, because for some reason the definition updates don't work... which probably isn't a good thing.

I have so many layers of protection, though, that the worst I've ever had to deal with is a tracking cookie or two.

*knocks on wood*
    xDDD Norton! Oh my god that is so funny!

I use Avast.

Years
  • I feel sorry for all of the people using Norton. It's also so tightly tied into OEM installations, that it's really hard to get out. I had to remove it from someone's computer the other day, and I actually needed to terminate two system processes, disable 9 system services and then it took about an hour for the damn installation. Plus, it still left traces, which had to be removed by Moveonboot (simply invaluable. I suggest it to anyone who works with computers), as it even blocked out the Admin CMD Prompt.

Oh, I run Avira on my Windows Partition and ClamWin on Linux. ClamWin is only there to make sure nothing gets passed on to anyone's Windows installation. Aren't I nice?

Back