• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Are Some Of The Best Grass-Type Pokemon For DPP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Rosrade. It's got pretty good Special Defense for a Grass type, and it's got good Grass-type attacks.
    Breloom. Focus Punch and Spore. Need I say more?
    Venusaur-Rosrade has the same stats and type, but Rosrade doesn't learn Sleep Powder, does it?
    Leafeon. It's got oddly high Defense and Attack for a Grass-type, and it also learn a sleep move, along with a few good Grass and Bug-type physical attacks.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Roserade actually has the highest Sp. Atk of all Grass-type Pokémon currently, and with Giga Drain, Stun Spore, Sludge Bomb and, um..., Cut :/ it can PWN completely.
    But, when i get the National Dex(and Pal Park) i'm gonna PP over a Breloom and throw out my Roselia(soon Roserade)

A Breloom with Spore, Focus Punch, Giga Drain and Sky Uppercut or Sky Uppercut, Giga Drain, Protect and Sleep Powder/Spore is completely awesome.

rocko427

I rock-o
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Ya didn't even mention abomasnow once! :(. he can take out those nasty flying types with his blizzard and mabye if he can learn earthquake he could take out those infernape, as well...
    Roserade's not all that bad either. It has a wide variety of moves, and it can also learn sunny day combos. example: sunny day+weatherball=takes out the occasional ice or grass type. sunny day+sloarbeam=no charge.
    ... I'd say meganium is too hard for me to train.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    Seeing ^ reminded me of Shiftry. It's probably not that good until you can get Sunny Day, SolarBeam, and Dark Pulse though. All of those are TMs, which could kinda be a problem. Explosion is another option, and another TM.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    The one think is the best is Leafeon.

But there are others that are really powerful like Torterra or Roserade

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Ones for in-game are probably just Roserade and Torterra. Cherubi pretty much sucks. :/

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2009
    I Think torterra is pretty good shes slow but her attacks are good ^_^

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think sceptile and leafeon are pretty cool myself...though I do agree, that Leafeon should have gotten a little bit better sp. atk so he could have been used as a mixed sweeper...

EDIT: I forgot, torterra is pretty awesome himself!

Years
    I use Venusaur competitively. Makes a great staller with leech seed and sleep powder and has nice special defense.
    But it all depends what you want to use the grass type for.

If you're talking in-game play the grass starters are the way to go. Roserade also works for dpp. From to other games you have Breloom which doubles as a fighting type to save you team space

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
    I'm surprised that not many people have suggested Sceptile. It has a good spread of stats and can be a good sweeper - if you can find the right moves. I also like Meganium which is a good tank. I don't have much experience with 4th gen grass Pokémon since I'm a water Pokémon guy myself. :P

Years
    Parasect in Ubers.
    Breloom everywhere else.

Ditto Transformed into Sunflora!
    Smeargle used Conversion! Smeargle changed to the Grass-type!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    attacks like Leaf Blade & X Scissor

Sceptile's decent with the right EV Spread/Moveset. I've seen some people use SD on it for attacks like Leaf Blade & X Scissor. For a Sp. Sweeper, stick to conventional attacks such as Dragon Pulse, or even Leaf Storm for more torque. CG Adds to the devistation it can bring with the Special Moveset. It's all up to you, just a suggestion.

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I like Lefeon, only because of its awesome design and looks, and I like Breloom, as well, for being a mix of my two favorite typed Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back