• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What are you currently doing with the GBA titles?

Years
  • IKR? I've wanted these remakes before HG/SS. 16 more DAYS! :D

I know i'm so excited!!! The games are released on the same day i graduate so i will be playing it all weekend. Which game do you think you will be getting? My first Pokemon game was sapphire so i am obviously choosing Alpha Sapphire.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I know i'm so excited!!! The games are released on the same day i graduate so i will be playing it all weekend. Which game do you think you will be getting? My first Pokemon game was sapphire so i am obviously choosing Alpha Sapphire.
    Awesome timing :D I'll be getting Omega Ruby first and then in a few weeks get AS.
    I had more fun with my Ruby then Sapphire, even though I only played them for the first time a few years ago :P
    Can't help loving Team Magma xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't want to touch them until the new games come out. I want the region and the Pokemon to be as fresh and new to me as possible so I haven't used any generation 3 pokemon in any of my newer games in so long. I will probably put my old gba titles into retirement after this. I've had a good run with them, but the time whatever in them has worn out. r/s are probably my most played games so it was a good time while the time lasted.

Years
  • Awesome timing :D I'll be getting Omega Ruby first and then in a few weeks get AS.
    I had more fun with my Ruby then Sapphire, even though I only played them for the first time a few years ago :P
    Can't help loving Team Magma xD

Ah ok that's cool. I love team Magma too ahah i guess that comes from working with them to take down Team Aqua all those times ahah good memories. Me and Maxie kicked *ss together. We should definitely trade version exclusives with one another when the games drop!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Ah ok that's cool. I love team Magma too ahah i guess that comes from working with them to take down Team Aqua all those times ahah good memories. Me and Maxie kicked *ss together. We should definitely trade version exclusives with one another when the games drop!
    Plus Magma is much more fun to cosplay and such :3

I'd love to trade! Especially starters, I'll be picking Torchic most likely :)

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I just got my save battery fixed on Emerald!
    Battle frontier here I come!

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I tried replaying through my Emerald version for nostalgia purposes in anticipation of the new upcoming releases, but the right arrow on my GBA is sticking really badly and I got tired of only being able to turn left.

So now my Emerald and Sapphire are just sitting safely in my desk drawer, waiting for their chance again.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Emerald is in my DS right now. I've been trying to get all the Gold Symbols on it before ORAS comes out. Leaf Green is somewhere in my room, not sure where. No idea where Sapphire is, probably in the garage somewhere. I don't think I've played my physical copy of Sapphire in over 5 years.

Oooh congrats! I'm too nervious to replace my batteries; I might hurt my cartridge xD lol
    It's really not that hard. GBA boards are made pretty tough. As long as you don't step on the thing, it will likely be fine.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Emerald is in my DS right now. I've been trying to get all the Gold Symbols on it before ORAS comes out. Leaf Green is somewhere in my room, not sure where. No idea where Sapphire is, probably in the garage somewhere. I don't think I've played my physical copy of Sapphire in over 5 years.

It's really not that hard. GBA boards are made pretty tough. As long as you don't step on the thing, it will likely be fine.

Actually I didn't want to screw up like I did reparing my Nintendo DS (it got fixed, but there was damage done to the motherboard. I had to replace it)

So I sent it to a seller on ebay to get it repaired

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I'm picking Treecko I think, so once we hatch some eggs we can definitely exchange starters and other version exclusives. This is gonna be fun i can tell! :)
    Awesome! :D
    Once I get both versions I'll have plenty of Torchic and Mudkip eggs ^_^ I look forward to trading :)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I tried replaying through my Emerald version for nostalgia purposes in anticipation of the new upcoming releases, but the right arrow on my GBA is sticking really badly and I got tired of only being able to turn left.

So now my Emerald and Sapphire are just sitting safely in my desk drawer, waiting for their chance again.

Aw, bummer. I would reccomend a DS Lite for playing the GBA titles if you ever want to revisit them. Best screen made for GBA games. Plus it gives you a way to trade from 3rd to 4th gen :D

Years
  • I think the remakes have hurt the retail value some what so am holding on to mine.
    Not playing them much any ways. Still have my trade cable, Eon Ticket e-Reader, an actual e-Reader, and most of those Battle e-Cards. All of which pretty much never get used.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I think the remakes have hurt the retail value some what so am holding on to mine.
    Not playing them much any ways. Still have my trade cable, Eon Ticket e-Reader, an actual e-Reader, and most of those Battle e-Cards. All of which pretty much never get used.

Ahh, I had those too. Except the Eon Ticket, still have hopes of finding one someday for the heck of it xD
    I never used my e-Reader anyways scince my cards are in my TCG binder and I'm missing a few :P
    I did use my GBA to Gamecube wire quite a bid. Traded my Colo/XD Pokes over to the main games. Plus I could not resist seeing all my RSE/FR teams look so "real" XD

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Aw, bummer. I would reccomend a DS Lite for playing the GBA titles if you ever want to revisit them. Best screen made for GBA games. Plus it gives you a way to trade from 3rd to 4th gen :D

Yeah. I'll have to ask my little brother if he still has his old DS Lite, I never had one. xD I borrowed a friend's when Soul Silver came out so I could play hah.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Yeah. I'll have to ask my little brother if he still has his old DS Lite, I never had one. xD I borrowed a friend's when Soul Silver came out so I could play hah.
    I'm not even sure if Gamestop/EB Games even carries used DS Lites anymore. I should of picked one up myself when I could as my bottom screen is messed up :S
    Such a shame the older DS's and anything GBA (like chargers, something everyone needs!) are impossible to come by. Gamestop would do well selling generic chargers and trade cables.
    Only place I can find them for a reasonable still are used goods shops, I've found the GBA to NGC wire 3 times on my trips :D

Years
  • It reminds me of my broken ruby game, it literately fell apart on me. But, by that time the battery was dying.

I am currently playing emerald to see the differences between that and ruby. I wonder if ORAS will play the same as emerald as what crystal was to HGSS.

Back