• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently reading at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Rose

Artsy
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 10, 2004
    I dunno if this was already posted...so yeah.

I'm currently reading:
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Graphic novel v2
    True North (for school)

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Imortal Rain, vol 1. (finished actually)
    Labyrinth; the novel (can't get enough of it!)
    House of Leaves
    The lovely Bones
    "A"

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Zeruda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina - Volume 1 (Manga)

I bought the LotR books a couple of years ago. But I've never gotten around to reading them. I should probably start with The Hobbit I guess. But it'll take a while. I read in a strange way. I'll only read one chapter a day of anything (unless I have to read more for school); even if I know, I could get through the majority of the book in one day. It's my style and I really don't like it. I want to change it but it?s a bad habit now. *shrugs*

JFK4590

Poo?
    Years
  • Ugh, I'm reading my summer eading book right now. It's called Rest In Pieces by Rita Mae Brown. It's okay, I guess...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • At the moment? A couple of things.

I was reading "The Terminal Man" by Michael Crichton last week, but then I accidentally left it outside in the rain so it got a bit wet. =o I brought it inside to let it dry, but now my mom is reading it, so I can't get it back yet. <_<; Ah well... it's not my favourite book and this is my second read-through, so that's okay.

I'm also in the process of rereading volume 7 of Gravitation which I got yesterday. ^_^;; I like to read manga quickly on the first time, and then go through slower a bit later to pick up extra details. =o

And lastly, I'm translating volume 37 of Yuugiou for myself. Yes, I know there are already scanlations done, but I like doing it myself. =\ It exercises my mind and it makes me not forget Japanese over the summer. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • TRIFORCE89 said:
    Zeruda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina - Volume 1 (Manga)

I bought the LotR books a couple of years ago. But I've never gotten around to reading them. I should probably start with The Hobbit I guess. But it'll take a while. I read in a strange way. I'll only read one chapter a day of anything (unless I have to read more for school); even if I know, I could get through the majority of the book in one day. It's my style and I really don't like it. I want to change it but it?s a bad habit now. *shrugs*
    Umm...I started and finished Zeruda no Densetsu: Toki no Ocarina - Volume 1 and Volume 2 today. Yeah, so much for my one chapter a day thing. Tomorrow if I am not dragged somewhere, I'm planning to read Zeruda no Densetsu: Mujura no Kamen. These mangas are scans though and I don't feel like printing them off. So I guess I'll start reading The Hobbit on the way up to the beach next weekend at least.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I'm reading this computer screen XD. No, seriously, I'm reading book 5 of the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan. I can't believe he's written so many and still not finished the series... good series though, even if half of it is exactly like Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth.

Years
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 7
    Preview of Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 8
    Plays of Sophocles (Guy called Oedipus, killed his dad, married his mom. Had kids with her. It's old Greek play.)

Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    Oedipus Rex. What a lovely classic. And the thing is, he didn't even know XD.

Yeah...I like the part where he gouges out his eyes... X_X

I like "Antigone", too...very sad and yet refreshing...

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • My personal summer reading.

-Liquid Rocket Actuators and Operators
    by the Rocketdyne Division of Rockwell International, Aerojet-General Liquid Rocket Company, the Systems Group of TRW, Inc., and NASA Lewis Research Center scientists and engineers
    This book is really intresting.

-Multivariable Calculus Early Transcendentals, fourth edition
    by James Stewart, McMaster University
    The fifth edition just came out but I don't have $112 to spend on a new book. :'(

-Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 5th Edition
    by Peter V. O'Neil University of Alabama, Birmingham

-CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics: Special Student Edition, 77th Edition
    by David R. Lide, H. P. R. Frederikse

-Othello
    by Shakespeare, nuff said

and I also read a chapter of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to my little sister every night.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023

Othello- For fun...ya I know its strange.

Blackboy- It's a really good book.

Cyborg 009: Chronicle of the Gohst- It's a book based on cyborg 009 it's pretty good.

Ai yori aoshi volume 7- Need my manga

Pokespecial volume 18- Need more manga

Man I read some strange stuff...

Tweak

i was reading pokespecial 18. =-=; sapphire is a wild girl.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Right now i am reading:
    Books for School..blah

Then i will read
    The Last Juror by John Grisham
    HP5 by JK Rowling (had it since it came out but was too busy with school blah!)

Star6

PC'S Local Sci-Fi Geek
    Years
  • I am reading Star Trek: Captain's Pearl by William Shatner.I am a totally trekkie. I am also reading the Conan Chronicales Volume 1.(graphic novel)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i'm in the middle of the communist mannifesto by karl marx, and the Bible by... a lot of people.
    both are really good, but the Bible is better (by a lot)

Years
  • I'm currently reading "The Stand" by Stephen King. My mom is yelling at me for reading that instead of the book I need to read for school, but I don't really pay all that much attention to it. I suppose I could read both of them at the same time, but I don't like doing that too much...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back