• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are you doing in preperation for Black and White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was planning my team....but now I'm pretty much content with my plans....so it's just a waiting game.

I try not to think about it too much during the day...

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I'm playing the third version of every generation, (ie: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum) with a small challenge: None of my pokes can go above Lv. 50 at any point, else I put them in the box. After that, I'mma play HG, since it's a fun game, and hopefully it comes out when I'm done.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Actually now that I think of it, I'm in the middle of getting every pokemon in Soul Silver. It's going well. I have around 70 more pokemon to get.

If I ever have trouble getting a pokemon in black/white I'm hoping to just transfer what I have in SS.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Nothing, absolutely nothing. Well, that's been my preparation thus far.

As to what I plan to do, catch up on the details of the new pokemon and prepare for the Battle Subway. >:)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Currently, I'm playing through Platinum, I'm about to take on Fantina 3rd Gym and I've got a pretty fair leveled team :)
    But waiting for Sping 2011 for Black & White isn't too easy :(.
    I just added 'finish platinum' to my things to do before b/w list. I'm at the 6th gym, pretty good team too, but I get bored with it at times. I should be trying to breed and catch more pkmn on Pearl so I can send them over to black when I get it. I also have a lv.55 Umbreon to be raising so I can send it over too, but it's a bit tough to train in SS for me since I'm not going back to the pokemon league, and always forget which gym leader is open on what day.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I bought a Justin Beiber calendar to mark down the release date when it's been decided, beat all of my games gen 1-3 so far (working on 4), and then will be watching the updates everyday until the release.
    btw, don't say anything about the calendar.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Bah, waiting for 3rd game or remakes of RS.

BW ended way too fast.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • I'm playing Halo: Reach and Call of Duty Black Ops. Some League of Legends and Starcraft II. Watching some Fairy Tail and Sinnoh League Victors. That should help me with my preparations!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The things that I am doing to prepare for these games are just playing Pokemon Platinum and Soul Silver. I am also saving up money so i can pre order the game and I am looking at a lot of spoilers for the game

:t354:TG

Years
  • I've been doing mostly my usual actually, which is mostly challenges on SoulSilver, Diamond, and Pearl and some other stuff on HeartGold. My plan is to get Platinum for Christmas so I can finally work on things I've been wanting to do but have been saving just for that game. Once it gets closer to the release of the game, I'll work more on my planned team with movesets and such because right now, I have just a basic idea of what I'm doing for my team. I may even train a team for when I finish the main game. Now though, I'm just casually looking at some updates, and counting the days until it comes out here in the US. XD

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I'm not really doing anything in preparation for Black and White, but I am replaying all the old Pokémon games!!!^^ So much fun! After I'm done Soul Silver, I am going to play Emerald again! So awesome!

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • I'm crying myself to sleep every night due to the realization that at 20 years old, this is one of the few things I'm looking forward to.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    im running through my Platinum & Heart Gold, trying to create a very powerful team that i will later transfer to Black when i get in english, but i will only use that team if i really need. I already have my ingame team planned out which consist of: Hiyakkie, Kenhorou, Jalorda,Doryuuzu, Hihidaruma and Ononokusu. All obtainable during the game, no need for cheats.

tobi-ksla

Years
  • I'm actually breeding a couple of Dratinis in my Heart Gold. I plan to evolve them into Dragonairs and send them over to Black Version.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm making an attempt to finishing my run through SoulSilver again. Can't say I'm doing to well though, because I haven't picked up my game in about a month or two. ):

Other than that, I'm on the run from game spoilers and going about my day as usual. Time seems to be going by pretty quickly, so I'm not having any trouble waiting for the game's release in the US.

Maybe when the release date is announced, I'll get antsy again. n_n;

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2011
    I plan on playing all of the GBA and on games that I have. R/S/E, FR/LG, D, and HG. I want to "catch them all" and import the legendaries UT, because I'm all OCD about pokemon being higher levels or something. I just want to raise those in B/W.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with the what are you doing in preperation thread mainly because while discussing how much you can't wait, you can discuss what you're doing while waiting! :D

(But yes, the wait really sucks. XD;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back