• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • Something simple like an option to pick a backstory which drops the tutorial elements like "I'm a new trainer looking to start my first adventure" would be nice, but I'm not counting on it. Tutorial Island makes starting a new game (which I do frequently) pretty brutal.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I feel like all the excuses Masuda gave us was just a way to cover up the fact that they simply didn't have enough time to put the Battle Frontier in the game. To me, Sun and Moon showed that GameFreak still does care about their older audience, so they could very well put a Battle Frontier in the game. Gen 6 didn't have a "Third Version", but this game looks like one and since Gen 3 every Third Version has either the Battle Frontier or something similar ala the PWT.
    I am certain GF did not include BF in ORAS because they believe not many be interested in it these days as well as saying players don't have time for it anymore.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    More backstory and information about Aether in the maingame! Or am I the only one who found that to be lacking? I'm not done with the UB story yet so maybe there's more to come, but I expected to hear more about it during the maingame and I also expected to be at the Foundation more often than twice. So actually a bigger role for AF...

pkmin3033

Thinking on it, I would actually like some postgame Legendaries...I quite enjoyed catching ORAS' veritable army of them, and there are plenty they could include. The Legendary Birds, whilst overdone, would be a nice throwback to the second movie, especially if they unlocked Lugia once you caught them all. Just some little nods like that.

...and it'd be nice if they broke the boundaries and had some previously unobtainable Legendary Pokemon, too. Maybe Victini, or Meloetta, or...something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    1. Mega Evolution being more relevant.

Mainly because a lot of the Mega Stones are essentially DLC. I would also enjoy new additions, though this seems very unlikely. A man can dream, though.

2. Better access to some items.

There are a handful of items either absent or insanely hard to find in SuMo, such as the Macho Brace and Razor Claw. The latter, up until now, would usually be found in-game outside a battle facility at least once. By making one Razor Claw available in-game, it would definitely help save a lot of players the hassle of having to find a Jangmo-o holding that item.

3. Considerable differences in both plot and game play.

Emerald and Platinum both had amazing features that were worth purchasing the game for. I hope Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon can do something similar by going more in-depth about the Legendaries and introducing even more fun new features.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Thinking on it, I would actually like some postgame Legendaries...I quite enjoyed catching ORAS' veritable army of them, and there are plenty they could include. The Legendary Birds, whilst overdone, would be a nice throwback to the second movie, especially if they unlocked Lugia once you caught them all. Just some little nods like that.

...and it'd be nice if they broke the boundaries and had some previously unobtainable Legendary Pokemon, too. Maybe Victini, or Meloetta, or...something.

I prefer nods towards sinnoh so i want sinnoh legendaries instead.

pkmin3033

I prefer nods towards sinnoh so i want sinnoh legendaries instead.
    I'd prefer they save those for actual Sinnoh remakes, honestly. Inundating us with Sinnoh Legendaries now means they are unlikely to appear in the inevitable remakes. About the only Sinnoh Legendaries I wouldn't mind seeing in USUM are Phione and Manaphy, since those were connected with the Ranger titles and not the main games.

Although hints for Sinnoh, like Cynthia's appearance, and maybe some easter eggs in the dialogue or some Alola form Sinnoh Pokemon, would be nice.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I'd prefer they save those for actual Sinnoh remakes, honestly. Inundating us with Sinnoh Legendaries now means they are unlikely to appear in the inevitable remakes. About the only Sinnoh Legendaries I wouldn't mind seeing in USUM are Phione and Manaphy, since those were connected with the Ranger titles and not the main games.

Although hints for Sinnoh, like Cynthia's appearance, and maybe some easter eggs in the dialogue or some Alola form Sinnoh Pokemon, would be nice.
    Yet they put kanto legendaries in platinum when HGSS was going to come after and have them. I don't see the point you are trying to make.

Sinnoh remakes won't even be on the 3DS so putting Sinnoh legends in USUM is not that unreasonable.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I agree with above that I would love to see some Legendaries, ORAS was very helpful in having all non Kanto and Kalos legendaries in it, making it so much easier to finish the Pokedex, and rewarding beating the game (which is why I'm playing through Alpha Sapphire now). I'd like to see the Kanto birds, since the last time we saw them was in XY where you could only get one. I'd also like to see Heatran, since it's a very viable and useful Pokemon in competitive battles, and the Genies from BW because they're also very versatile, especially since they each have two forms to use. I could see them adding in Xerneas and Yveltal too, possibly connecting it with the Zygarde you create.

pkmin3033

Yet they put kanto legendaries in platinum when HGSS was going to come after and have them. I don't see the point you are trying to make.

Sinnoh remakes won't even be on the 3DS so putting Sinnoh legends in USUM is not that unreasonable.
    Only that it's uncommon - not unheard of, but uncommon - for the same Legendaries from past generations to be in two games in a row. At least these days. In earlier generations it wasn't quite so unheard of, but it hasn't happened recently. Although Cresselia and Darkrai would make a certain thematic sense for USUM and I was somewhat surprised they weren't in SM...although Lunatone and Solrock weren't in SM either, so I suppose fitting the theme didn't mean much in those games.

I wouldn't count on that if I were you. If Nintendo are serious about supporting the 3DS beyond 2018 - which, according to Reggie, they are - we are almost certainly going to see more Pokemon titles appear on it and, if they want to start a new generation on the Switch, it would make sense for them to confine remakes to the 3DS. Well, it would depend on their plans for the 3DS' life going forward and if there will be a successor I suppose, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities that we would see Sinnoh remakes on the 3DS instead of the Switch. Although given that Nintendo are a pack of liars when it comes to supporting their consoles I could understand your skepticism there at the least, even if I don't particularly want to share in it...

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Only that it's uncommon - not unheard of, but uncommon - for the same Legendaries from past generations to be in two games in a row. At least these days. In earlier generations it wasn't quite so unheard of, but it hasn't happened recently. Although Cresselia and Darkrai would make a certain thematic sense for USUM and I was somewhat surprised they weren't in SM...although Lunatone and Solrock weren't in SM either, so I suppose fitting the theme didn't mean much in those games.

I wouldn't count on that if I were you. If Nintendo are serious about supporting the 3DS beyond 2018 - which, according to Reggie, they are - we are almost certainly going to see more Pokemon titles appear on it and, if they want to start a new generation on the Switch, it would make sense for them to confine remakes to the 3DS. Well, it would depend on their plans for the 3DS' life going forward and if there will be a successor I suppose, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities that we would see Sinnoh remakes on the 3DS instead of the Switch. Although given that Nintendo are a pack of liars when it comes to supporting their consoles I could understand your skepticism there at the least, even if I don't particularly want to share in it...
    Thing is that we already had remakes on 3DS. It has not been that long since ORAS was made. Could they do another remake on the same handheld as the previous one? Sure but i think a lot of fans would see DP remakes on Switch after the first gen 8 games are released on it.

As for legendaries, whatever pokemon they choose to bring back is fine by me. I am tired of kanto birds but it is up to GF.

pkmin3033

Thing is that we already had remakes on 3DS. It has not been that long since ORAS was made. Could they do another remake on the same handheld as the previous one? Sure but i think a lot of fans would see DP remakes on Switch after the first gen 8 games are released on it.

As for legendaries, whatever pokemon they choose to bring back is fine by me. I am tired of kanto birds but it is up to GF.
    I see your point, and I think it's probably too soon to call it one way or the other...there would definitely be nothing stopping them doing that, though. The problem is all we know about the Pokemon game on Switch is that it'll be a core title and that's it; it could be Gen VIII, or Stars - which was never confirmed to be USUM's codename - or something entirely new and separate...a lot of Nintendo franchises have two separate core entries on both console and handheld, after all.

Who knows, it might even come to both titles - there is already a precedent for this, with Fire Emblem Warriors coming to the Switch and the New 3DS. I doubt that game will be the only title to do that, since the newer models are capable of a lot more than the older ones...SM were already pushing the hardware to its absolute limits. Verrry difficult to say, and I think there are arguments both for and against it. Guess we'll have to wait and see?

Thinking about the Kanto birds, it actually seems fairly unlikely in reflection, given how painfully saturated with Gen I Pokemon SM were. I'm going to assume the USUM Pokedex will be around the same size as the SM one, and if they're going to include Legendaries, I would imagine they'd be from later generations. Xerneas and Yveltal to complement Zygarde seems like a good possibility, as does Lugia given the abundance of water between islands. Heatran would be my first bet from Gen IV, and maybe Manaphy, although it'd be fun if they worked Regigigas into the lore somehow.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • For all the hype the UB's received prior to release, the UB story as a whole wasn't really conveyed very well; they never really felt like an immediate threat. You get one cutscene where Pheromosa/Buzzwole descend from an Ultra Wormhole to fight Tapu Koko and Hala, and then... nothing. I'm assuming with "Ultra" being in the titles that'll have more of focus during the main game. I always thought that they were cool in concept, in a sort of Evangelion angel kinda way, but their implementation left a lot to be desired.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Alolan Bellossom.

Hints to Sinnoh and such would be rad too but honestly I'm still mad that the Pokemon that is made and should be on the region based on an island ( Hawaii, no less) isn't. I'll hope for more if this becomes a thing bc it's legit the only thing right now.

Hell just put Oddish somewhere and at least I'll be semi-content.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I agree that Xerneas and Yveltal should be in the games. They had only one game each. The other legendaries have at least appeared twice or more.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think our character is better staying in alola or going off with actual trainers like gladion to train.

pkmin3033

It's never gonna happen, but it'd be nice to go with lillie at the end. I mean seriously why would I stay behind at that point?
    Well, I think the whole point of Lillie going off on her own was to find the independence she sorely lacked for the entirety of the game...the player going with her would kinda defeat the point, since she relied on the player for the entire game to do anything.

But that said, if Lillie has an alternate role or personality in USUM - and god do I hopes she does, I don't want to be her personal chaperone across the region again - it could be different. Although yeah, it doesn't seem too likely...

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • Well, I think the whole point of Lillie going off on her own was to find the independence she sorely lacked for the entirety of the game...the player going with her would kinda defeat the point, since she relied on the player for the entire game to do anything.

But that said, if Lillie has an alternate role or personality in USUM - and god do I hopes she does, I don't want to be her personal chaperone across the region again - it could be different. Although yeah, it doesn't seem too likely...

I hope she isn't really changed (Heck this is the one game where I think they nailed everything but size. Coulda used more spaces to catch pokemon.)

But either way by the end all I wanted to do was be with Lillie. She can lead her own life and do whatever, but I wanna be there too! I'm not saying she needs to rely on me. I'm saying by the end my character was 100% in love, and the fact you can't even suggest the idea that you'd go too (heck this time you could be the support while she's taking lead.) it just drives me crazy.

Not to mention excuse to have kanto show up as the post game.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • I think our character is better staying in alola or going off with actual trainers like gladion to train.

IDK about you but I was a god by the time I beat Sun, so I feel like another region would be better (do wish it wasn't Kanto though. I can't make a good case for any region though. sinnoh will get a remake, and all the previous ones have already had them recently enough, unova just seems odd, and kalos was last gen it'd be highly unlikely especially since it did badly for pokemon.)

Back