• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are you looking forward to in the games?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    This thread is more for those people who haven't played the game yet/waiting for English release to play it.

As we all know, there are many new features on the games. Whether they be the new PokéDevice, seasons and even triple battles, there's something new out there for everyone, so the question is...

What are you most looking forward to in Pokémon Black/White?

For me, it's either going to be the Battle Subway, or the different version-exclusive areas. It will be good to get a different area to explore from both games.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, I have a Japanese White, so I guess...umm...being able to understand what's going on. :) That'll be a nice change!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2014
    Random Match for sure. So you can battle when you want without those stupid fc's :)

That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good.

In generation 5, if the "re-make pattern" continues, I'm guessing that in 2-4 years Nintendo will re-make Ruby and Sapphire.
    They re-made Kanto, they re-made Johto, Hoenn is next.

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good.

In generation 5, if the "re-make pattern" continues, I'm guessing that in 2-4 years Nintendo will re-make Ruby and Sapphire.
    They re-made Kanto, they re-made Johto, Hoenn is next.

Umm... It's already confirmed that that will be...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Definitely the triple battles! The Random Match would be nice if my DS had wi-fi. xD It's one of the oldest versions, so it can no longer connect.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Triple battles, as I hope they will add another layer of tactics to the game.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I think we really need some clarification.

Originally, pokewalker referred to kadoofa's post, where kadoofa said "That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good." in reference to Random Matchup.

However, the rest of kadoofa's post referred to remakes of Ruby/Sapphire without mentioning Random Matchup. Perhaps believing that kadoofa didn't realize that Random Matchup was already confirmed, pokewalker tried to tell kadoofa that Random Matchup was confirmed.

So he quoted kadoofa's post - which didn't contain any direct references to Random Matchup but was full of speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

pokewalker was trying to point out that Random Matchup was confirmed, not Ruby/Sapphire remakes.
    ya that's true ;) but about r/s remakes, there are alot of hints in the games. but i think you should discuss that in Emulation...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm looking forward to:

1. Catching all the new pokemon
    2. Meeting/Catching my teamates
    3. Battling the Gym leaders
    4. Exploring Isshu
    5. Checking out the dream world
    6. Seeing the seasons pass
    7. Checking out the new wifi features (Random Match/Trade)
    8. Learning more about the storyline.
    9. Emigrating my 4th gen pokemon to the 5th gen

So pretty much everything! :p
    That's in no particular order too.

Last edited:
    Years
    What are you most looking forward to in Pokémon Black/White?

Mostly the new pokemon, but also all the new features such as the new battle system (including the pokemon moving and three on three battles), the new region to explore, the new gyms and elite 4, and the version exclusive things. (Such as White Forest and Black City).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I look forward to understanding the story in a language I speak and read haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think we really need some clarification.

Originally, pokewalker referred to kadoofa's post, where kadoofa said "That's what I would expect in Black/White. That would be good." in reference to Random Matchup. However, the rest of kadoofa's post went on about remakes of Ruby/Sapphire without mentioning Random Matchup.

Perhaps believing that kadoofa didn't realize that Random Matchup was already confirmed, pokewalker tried to tell kadoofa that Random Matchup was confirmed. So he quoted kadoofa's post - which didn't contain any direct references to Random Matchup but was mostly speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

pokewalker was trying to point out that Random Matchup was confirmed, not Ruby/Sapphire remakes. But, he initially only said "Umm... It's already confirmed that that will be..." in response to what seemed to be (when taken out of context) pure speculation about Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

XDDDD
    I find that amusing. I don't know why.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking forward to other than exploring the region initially. If it's a feature, probably triple or rotational battles since rotational battles kinda confuse me yet apparently Kaori understands it! Actually yeah make exploring Unova number one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mostly, I'm looking forward to using the new Pokemon in general. I'm also looking forward to taking down Team Plasma and the Battle Subway.

DNZGames

Team Atmos Leader
    Years
    I'm most looking forward to the new text. Yes, that's right - the dialogue. Sadly, I actually went and played the ROM from start to finish, so the only new thing for me would be the dialogue.
    That and the fact it's out March 4th!

Back