• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are you most looking forward to in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver?

Best Reigon?

• Johto

Votes: 127 84.1%
  • Kanto

Votes: 24 15.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'll make a list of what I'm looking forward to from Heart Gold and Soul Silver by taking points from other people's posts:

01. The MUSIC!! They still ring in my ears, and I believe that they haven't ruined it, but only improved it.
    02. Johto in damn good graphics.
    03. Johto and Kanto in 3D.
    04. Return of Team Rocket, and the probability of them being more challenging, threatening, more planned in their actions, and being their for longer this time.
    05. The idea of two regions being in one game, making it bigger than any other.
    06. Having any of my Pokemon friends follow me! :)
    07. The huge probability of there being a lot of new places which hasn't been revealed yet.
    08. Getting to see Silver make more logical and less annoying points, and any changes done to him. Last time, his sprite was so bad that I couldn't figure out much, but this time it is great!
    09. Just the idea of journeying through the damn good region Johto, and Kanto too.
    10. Kanto actually being fleshed-out this time.
    11. Reliving the memories, experiences, and the nostalgia.
    12. I just have to get every mainstream Pokemon games (mainstream means excluding spin-offs)
    13. The events that have been added and redesigned for the appearance of Lugia and Ho-oh.
    14. The changes to the story, specially the changes they might make to the previously flawed story of the legendary Pokemon of Johto.
    15. All the Gyms being bigger and redesigned!!
    16. The return of the most forgotten Pokemon from Johto.
    17. Me using the Apricorn balls, and just looking at them being in my bag, lol.
    18. Getting to get washed up by the newly designed 3D Whirlpools!!
    19. The huge probability of them adding a lot of new side-quest, or at least a good number of them!
    20. The older game being remade with new game mechanics, making it all better! I can't wait to use touch screen to do almost everything in Johto and Kanto!!
    21. The Bug Catching Contest, and also the Safari Zone, though the Safari Zone doesn't appeal to me THAT much...
    22. Suicune challenging me in Tin Tower, hopefully.
    23. To the hope that they can recapture all the feel that G/S/C made me feel. It'll be awesome if this one can too!!
    24. The RUINS! The Ruins of Alph was too appealing to me in the past, because it was that much mysterious. I want to see the new, redesigned and bigger ruins, and listen to the newly made radio signal in the ruins.
    25. The new puzzles in the new Tin Tower.
    26. Violet City, and all the other cities, but Violet is my favourite, so...
    27. Day and Night in more transitions, and in better graphics!
    28. Shaking that wiggly Sudowoodo out of my way and into my collection of Pokemon friends, lol.
    29. Amphy and the Olivine Lighthouse.
    30. Whirl Islands!
    31. Ice Path!
    32. Dragon's Den and its quiz, and the whole event!!!
    33. The new awesome Pokedex that I've always thought of creating myself!
    34. A lot, LOT more!

I'm pretty much looking forward to EVERYTHING in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, as I loved it all in the past and I'm pretty sure I will love this one as much, or maybe even more than what I like G/S/C.

---

LilPotts

Hi!
    Years
    I like Johto the best of all the regions. And it being in 3D Is gonna be cool. Also your partner following you around is cool too.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    Well, Silver (the GSC generation as a whole really) was my favorite game, had the coolest Pokemon, and it was, simply put, the best of the series IMHO. Recreating that with new graphics, updated sounds, awesome new add-ons? Can you say "big bucks"?
    Also, I loved the entire "Go to Kanto now!" Plotline. That made my head explode back in the day.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Personally, I don't like the 3D graphics in this generation. It looks too inaccurate. Moving to the side of a sprite will make it seem to warp and bend slightly. Mixing sprites and 3D architecture in general looks odd from top-down to me (Doom was okay since that was first-person). My favorite graphics style was the ones used in the GBA games.

I'll get used to it though. After all, the most epic battles in the series are in GSC, especially the granddaddy of all trainer battles, the one against RED.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    The Red battle will indefinitely make me explode. I should hire a maid to clean the mess.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    OH SNAP! I just remembered something.
    In Viridian in GSC, there was a place where you could battle the party of the last person you used Mystery Gift with! Think that will return this time around? I would love to be able to fight My buddies over and over when not on Wi-Fi!

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    OH SNAP! I just remembered something.
    In Viridian in GSC, there was a place where you could battle the party of the last person you used Mystery Gift with! Think that will return this time around? I would love to be able to fight My buddies over and over when not on Wi-Fi!

OH YES! I remember that now!

I so so so so so hope that is returned.
    Such a nifty feature.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I can't wait to explore Dark Cave with new graphics! And having one of my pokemon follow me wherever I go... will be amazing! And, of course, the battle with Red will be even more epic =D

g.narron

Banned
    Years
    Im just looking forwar to reviving my childhood memories of playing gold silver and crystal version except ill be playing remakes wich will be the best games ever made

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    The whole game, not just any particular aspect, but im interested in playing the pokethlon. But we dont' no all to much so far so no-one can whole heartedly answer the question now.

Years
    catching my scyther at the bug contest and hearing that ending credits music that always gives me goosebumps

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    I'd have to say all the new graphics is what get me the most, followed closely by the almighty Johto Pokemon, which are undoubtably the best along with the region itself. and the fact of getting to explore two whole regions.

-Novus-

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    Seeing both of them in the remade DS graphics give me chills in aniticipation, but Johto more so, since we saw Kanto not too long ago during 3rd gen so, overall, ZOMFG YAY JOHTO! [/endjohtofanboyism]

Back