• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you planning for your team?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • <p>I'll start with Litten! I started with Rowlet in Sun and got a Popplio in a trade early on, so time to try something new!</p><p>Will probably try and use more new Pok?mon on my team - I used a lot of Alolan forms in Sun but not many brand-new Pok?mon introduced in Gen 7.</p>

Last edited:

Sytiourious

#PopplioDefenseSquad
    Years
  • Primarina, Toucannon, and Ampharos are set stone on my team. I don't like to use legendaries even when I get them, so Solgaleo is a no-go. Looking at my Sun story team, I used a lot of fairy type pokemon (Primarina, Sylveon, Whimsicott), so I'm gonna try and only stick to Primarina for my fairy type. Maybe Mudsdale? Eh. I will just have to see what pokemon are out there when the pokedex gets leaked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'll probably use Popplio again. Not really sure what else. I didn't trade anything in until 3-4 trials in last time, so I'm wondering about maybe trading in some team members earlier this time around. Some Pokemon I'm wondering about are the other starters (never really ended up using them last time, though I've gotten really sidetracked and haven't actually beaten Moon yet, so I guess that could change), and maybe one or more of the cap Pikachus (I picked up extras in hopes of using them on one of my games). I might also try breeding some decent moves and stats onto some gen 7 Pokemon and send some of those over. I got kind of burnt out on gen 6 breeding, and haven't done any in gen 7 yet, which means that I haven't used any with egg moves or anything like that.

I'm torn between just going with the flow and using everything I find, vs. being a little more focused. I feel like I've spread myself a little too thin in Moon so far, and as a result, I don't really have a team that I'm attached to, so I might switch that up this time, but we'll see. Or I could use the team that I planned for Moon that I never ended up using because I got sidetracked, if I can remember what it was supposed to be at this point.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm not really sure, but I am having Primarina as my starter for sure. Definitely teaching her Moonblast to go up against Ghetsis and that damned Hydreigon of his.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's rather difficult to say which Pok?mon are in my team. The first difficulty would be choosing my starter Pok?mon. In Moon I started with Litten. But, I really don't know which one I should take. I also hope that beldum is early available in the game. I really want to have a Metagross. If Pok?bank is updated fast I would transfer my favorite Metagross from Moon to UltraMoon.( It was a lucky shiny when I was breeding for a Beldum with 5 IV, it came out of the sixth egg with 4 IV.) I really like Porygon-Z but I only can get it from trade. At least I'm going to try to use some wondertrade when I start the game and then I let luck decide for my team. I also add that free Rockruf to my team (I hope it would know the move hold back).

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I want a classic Ash-style team where I have the 3 starters, a flying-type (Toucannon), a bug-type (Vikavolt), and a Mimikyu in-place of Pikachu.

Pretty OP, but that's how I roll. {XD}

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • I am thinking of going with

Litten - Starter
    Toxipex - It was the only reason I beat that Clefable, and only because it used Struggle.
    Bewear - Because Clefable
    Garchomp - DRAGONS! Unless you can still capture that level 2 salamance lol.
    Milotic - For water types
    Toucannon - My Flyer

I think this is going to be a good solid team. Great Coverage for everything. Few weaknesses. Should be good for player vs team.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Depending on what's available, I'm thinking of making my team up of my favorite Pokemon from each Gen. Since there's only 6 slots, there's a Gen I'm gonna have to omit and I'm thinking of that being Gen 6. Here's what I'm thinking so far, subject to change once full Dex is revealed:

Gen 7: Primarina
    Gen 1: Arcanine
    Gen 2: Ampharos
    Gen 3: Salamence
    Gen 4: Leafeon
    Gen 5: Stoutland

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2020
    Not a fan of any of the starter lines this time around, Rowlet being the least worst.
    But as I had Rowlet in Moon I will have one of Litten and Popplio in US and the other in UM.
    For the rest of the team I will probably play it by ear a bit, I liked my Vikavolt and Araquanid, but they were both on my team almost the whole way through Moon, so something else instead of them. I also had a gimmicky Drifblim (Minimize, Stockpile, Swallow and Shadow Ball, holding Bright Powder) which, once set up was quite fun, but will probably avoid that too as it was a mainstay of my team.
    I like Dhelmise but never really had a chance to use it, so will try and get one of them.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I am thinking of going with

Litten - Starter
    Toxipex - It was the only reason I beat that Clefable, and only because it used Struggle.
    Bewear - Because Clefable
    Garchomp - DRAGONS! Unless you can still capture that level 2 salamance lol.
    Milotic - For water types
    Toucannon - My Flyer

I think this is going to be a good solid team. Great Coverage for everything. Few weaknesses. Should be good for player vs team.

It's a solid team, but I can see a lot of things wrong with it that scream "dated" before we've even seen what kind of teams USUM will provide. First of all, you really don't need a flyer anymore, because Ride Pokemon are a thing. Also, I don't really see why you would put a Fighting-type up against a fairy, of all things. If anything, Clefable will win out against Bewear, so I'd probably advise you use something else to deal with it. Steel-types like Magnezone are really good, for example.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Gonna play Ultra Moon first with this team:
    Incineroar - starter I haven't used yet
    Wishiwashi - one of the water types i haven't used yet
    Mimikyu - was planning to use this in Moon but I ran out of space
    Lurantis - because its less popular than Tsareena
    Oranguru - because monkeys, and it learns Thunderbolt
    Gigalith - not Lycanroc because it can't earthquake

for Ultra Sun:
    Primarina - reusing a starter
    Passimian - for the other monkey, also Earthquake
    Lycanroc - why doesn't it learn Earthquake? I might go for Dusk form rather than Midday form
    Tsareena - because Trop Kick is the best move
    Oricorio Balie form - for those fiery dances and the fact I've used literally every other fire type before
    Togedemaru - because I've used almost every other electric type. Looking forward to its Z-move.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • bewear.gif
    wishiwashi-school.gif
    tsareena.gif
    incineroar.gif

Not sure about the last 2. Minior, Mimikyu, Mudsdale, Alolan Sandslash, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Zydog, Golisopod... a few options. I'm leaning towards Minior for one slot but not sure about the 6th. Reluctant to use Incineroar because a year later it's still just as ugly to me but I gotta try all the starters.

I want to use Pokemon I haven't used before and I've previously used teams of Toucannon/Salazzle/Palossand/Araquanid/Drampa/Decidueye and Raichu/Lurantis/Day Lyanroc/Kommo-o/Ninetales/Primarina. I really loved those teams but I'm worried that my next team is not gonna be as good as those haha.

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • With the continued lack of a Pokedex, I still don't have too many team members solidly chosen, minus Dusk Lycanroc. However, as the leak suggested Seel is going to be in Alola, I'm highly inclined to give it a shot. I really like the seal, but haven't really tried using it on a team, so why not?

With that being said, I probably won't take Popplio (unless Seel is encountered stupid-far into the game), and I've tried both Litten and Rowlet. As the latter has better evolutions (in my books), I will likely give the owl a round two as my starter. Again though, this simply depends on the dex, and if Oddish gets an Alolan form (still hoping!), I will surely add one to my team. Gah, so hard!

I will be using an Eeveelution, and am hoping to use Boweon this time around. Be cute, be sweet, SLAY DRAGONS!

I'm really hoping Espurr will be coming to Alola, as using a Meowstic again would be super.

WHY MUST THE WAIT BE SO LONG? cx

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • With the continued lack of a Pokedex, I still don't have too many team members solidly chosen, minus Dusk Lycanroc. However, as the leak suggested Seel is going to be in Alola, I'm highly inclined to give it a shot. I really like the seal, but haven't really tried using it on a team, so why not?

With that being said, I probably won't take Popplio (unless Seel is encountered stupid-far into the game), and I've tried both Litten and Rowlet. As the latter has better evolutions (in my books), I will likely give the owl a round two as my starter. Again though, this simply depends on the dex, and if Oddish gets an Alolan form (still hoping!), I will surely add one to my team. Gah, so hard!

I will be using an Eeveelution, and am hoping to use Boweon this time around. Be cute, be sweet, SLAY DRAGONS!

I'm really hoping Espurr will be coming to Alola, as using a Meowstic again would be super.

WHY MUST THE WAIT BE SO LONG? cx

Eh, the time seems to be going really quickly for me - we're only 10 days until release! Also, if the Oddish line is confirmed to get an Alolan form, are you going for Vileplume or Bellossom?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Bellossom, 100%. It's been far too overshadowed in the past, and if it does get an Alola form, using it in a heartbeat

Haggerella

Captain Butts
    Years
  • So far I've got Reuniclus, Volcarona and Tyrantrum. Never used them before. Should have some decent initial coverage just with those three. Think i'm probably going to leave it at that, and see what UltraSun throws at me.

I'll definitely pick Rowlet again cause he's cute af, but he'll go straight into the box where he can't evolve and disappoint me again~~~

Years
  • For Ultra Sun, I'll be going with what we've seen in official art:
    Spoiler:

This is what I want to use for Ultra Moon, but since half of it (still) doesn't seem to be available until the end of the game I'll probably have to come up with something else:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, I finally came up with my final team for Ultra Moon:
    Spoiler:

I believe this is a solid powerhouse of a team.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not sure if I'll be getting it at launch but I have a better idea of what my team might be now that the full Alola dex has leaked.

Spoiler:

The three non-spoilery ones are Primarina, Hawlucha and Dhelmise.

Back