• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I've started reading The Final Empire, by Brandon Sanderson. His work on the Wheel of Time series (which I still need to finish, gah) has prompted me to have a look at some of his own work...he's written some standalone novels, but the Mistborn trilogy seems like a good place to start.

Curtis542

Fire Trainer
Years
I'm reading the Lord of the Flies for school right now. I like it, but I really would like to read something else. I just don't have any other books in mind.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
All of my reading at this time of year relates to my classes. I just finished Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates, which I have a lot of mixed feelings about.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
Years
i'm reading The Confessions of a Middle Child by so-and-so. cx

it's pretty witty and even though it's for kids, me and the protagonist are so alike so i'm just re-reading it for old times sake, hehe.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
Just a couple pages left of my Divergent book, and then I plan on reading One Day and Paper Towns by Joh Green.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
The Catcher in the Rye

man I love Holden. I know you're supposed to hate him but he's so great. I love this book so far, can't wait to read more.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I heard a lot of good things about this book, so I thought I'd start reading it. I plan on seeing the movie as well. That is, after I see Maleficent first. I've had my eye on that movie since it first got announced.

Years
I'm reading Veronica Mars: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line. Yes, I know, it sounds awful, but if you've watched the show and seen the movie this is where the story goes next so I had to read it. I'm not quite halfway through, and in the beginning I was thinking it wasn't quite up to the standards I've grown to expect, but then it quickly turned into something I'll probably finish today because once I pick it up again I won't want to put it down.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
The Great Gatsby

finished up The Catcher in the Rye last night (extraordinary book) and started The Great Gatsby. the beginning is certainly interesting, and it seems really verbose, but I fear this may be a Citizen Kane type thing where my enjoyment of it is purely aesthetics and I have no emotional connection at all. we'll see.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Well I just recently finished the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth, it was truly amazing. I would suggest it to anyone here who likes Dystopian/Science Fiction. I'm not currently reading anything at the moment, but I'm thinking about starting the Hunger Games trilogy, I've never read any of them and they seem really good.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
Rizzoli & Isles Body Double By Tess Gerritsen.
I'm such a fan of the TV show so I picked up one of the book from the book series.
Let me say I do love the television show I can say that the book and the show are two different entity. I'm enjoying the book but I was hoping for a little more canonness from the main charterers like in the show but that might be the fangirl in me.

Years
I'm about to start reading On Basilisk Station by David Weber. I'm very interested in science fiction with technology, gadgets, planets, alien races, etc.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I just finished up John Green's The Fault in Our Stars, at the request of my little sister. It's sad and a pretty good story so I understand the hype, but I think it's a little overrated.
Next, I will be readings Alan Lightman's Einstein's Dreams and I'm pretty excited to see if it is as good as the excerpt that enticed me into buying it.

Years
Started reading The Fault In Our Stars to see what all the hype was about. Im several chapters in, and it's really good so far. I'll have to keep reading before I can make a judgement about the book as a whole, though.

Back