• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I'm reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I just got it today after seeing the movie previews and deciding how good of a movie it looked. So far, it's a good book, but I'm also only about five or six pages in too...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I just finished Starcrossed by Michael Shreiber and it was literally the worst book I have ever read in my entire life. It made Twilight look like golden literature. It made some of the worst fan-fics I have ever read on the Internet look like published works of art.

10/10 recommend if you hate yourself or you want to read something that makes Keeping Up With The Kardashians seem dignified and philosophical.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • I just finished Starcrossed by Michael Shreiber and it was literally the worst book I have ever read in my entire life. It made Twilight look like golden literature. It made some of the worst fan-fics I have ever read on the Internet look like published works of art.

10/10 recommend if you hate yourself or you want to read something that makes Keeping Up With The Kardashians seem dignified and philosophical.

Uhh, yeah, I know, I tried this book a couple of years back, I got about a couple of chapters in, and I just literally closed the book and put it away in sheer tedium. Now, I'm normally good with most books of different types and genres, this, however, was sooo disappointing, and I had a real hard time acclimatising to the characters, and found myself just not caring about their lives, or the story in general. And yes, BORING!!! So, yeah, I agree with you there :D I ended up giving it to someone else!

I'm in the middle of City Of Heavenly Fire at the moment, LOVE this series (The Mortal Instruments)!!! Also, about to start Beautiful Redemption, the last book of The Caster Chronicles.

Years
  • Got around to Aldous Huxley's Brave New World after putting it off for a while. I tried reading it in my junior year of high school, but I kept getting lost in the text and bored. It's really a great book and I regret not getting into it the first time around.

Definitely recommended if you haven't read it already. :)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • The Kite Runner, for school more than anything. I mean, it's okay, but it's really heavy-handed and tries far too hard at points. the beginning was atrocious (I'm about 200 pages in at this point), and it hints at getting better but it hasn't really been able to do much with what it's had so far. here's hoping the remaining 175 pages improve upon it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Trying to read The Cuckoo's Calling by J.K. Rowling, but I've been a bit lazy about my reading lately. It's a great story so far though. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Right now im on Crossed by Ally Condie not sure if anyone has the the series but its awesome so far

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I started 2001: A Space Odyssey a couple nights ago. so far I've only read the Dawn of Man part but it was absolutely brilliant, and far better than Childhood's End, the other Clarke book I've read, but I'm only 40 pages in so I'm trying not to prematurely ejaculate, if you will, so to speak. I have high hopes however.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • I'm halfway through reading Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. On Kindle :)
    I'm also on Phillipa Gregory's Cousins' War series. Due to start The Red Queen soon.
    And, I will soon be reading A Feast For Crows, the fifth in Game Of Thrones series, also. They're intense, but really good ;)

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Just finish reading the Harry Potter: The Beginning...the story is really good..i have read it 4 times..never bored reading it..

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Currently reading Making It Happen: Fred Goodwin, RBS and the men who blew up the British economy. It's a really entertaining way to rage at the absolute incompetence and greed that dominated Europe and the US during the last 15 years.

Years
  • I've started Allegiant but really, the only things I've finished so far are the City of Heavenly Fire and Seven Minutes In Heaven. So I guess right now I'm on The Fault In Our Stars, which I never finished, blah.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I'm currently reading Beowulf. It was originally just a school assignment, but I'm enjoying it a bit more than I thought I would.

(Probably won't enjoy the essay as much, however.)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • At the moment I am reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I haven't actually read the books until now, but I love the movies so. :3

I'm also halfway in finishing The Brothers Grimm; gosh, this is a brilliant read.

Back