• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    Caught Giratina with a Dusk Ball, no sleep, no paralyze, no status effects, just damage, nearly killed it too, I got a critical with bite, and I was like NOOO! Then I got saved, so I threw my Dusk Ball and caught it, then I relised that all my money got put to waste, cause of that fail Giratina.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    I went ahead and used my masterball on the giratina since I used was trying to quickly get through the story to get my national dex and get my pokemon from my gba games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I caught it with a Master Ball because I didn't have any Poke Balls better than standard Poke Balls and I didn't have my False Swiper on the team. :\

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    First turn Quick Ball.
    Out of habit, though it was the first time it actually worked on a Legendary.

Second time it worked was on a Palkia.

millie_kitten

the walrus sings at midnight..
    Years
    I caught it with an Ultra Ball. I tried about 25 balls, and killed it three times. Had to reset, of course.

I haven't caughten it in Pearl and Diamond yet. Haven't been playing Pearl at all lately, anyway. xDD

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Platinum: It either kept Struggling or I knock it out with a critical hit; finally caught it in an Ultra Ball.

Diamond: I forgot how the battle went (too long ago), but I caught it in a Timer Ball.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Ultra Ball, it took some time though (but not nearly as bad as the Lake Trio and Heatran x_x). I didn't remember at the time anymore if Dusk Balls worked in Torn World or not, and it wasn't technically night time yet when I fought him so I didn't bother.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Master Ball on Pearl.
    Platinum, first go-'round, I used a Timer Ball after about 25 ultra balls and 25 dusk balls.
    Second time through, it took me five tries (kept accidentally fainting it, or the other way around), and then finally I got lucky. I had my Empoleon out, used Blizzard twice to get its health in the red, and it got frozen. I used two quick balls (the second one caught it of course) and it was finally mine!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I think I used dusk-ball. Or was it a random Great Ball, I don't remember. I did catch one legendary with a random great ball, but I forgot which.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I used about 50 dusk balls but i caught it after i decided to use my last ultra ball

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Masterball is what I used to capture Giratina... If i tried using other pokeball types, i would get frusterated!

Back