• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I caught it with a Preimer ball. Luuucky. It's like catching Giratina in a Poke-ball...but you only get one of these every game. O.o

I threw it by chance. And I think it fits him well, probably just as well as any Dusk Ball would. Giratina pops out with 6 or 8 red-and-silver orbs floating around him. It's cool. :D

You get a free Premier Ball with every 10 Pokeballs you purchase.
    (If you buy 10, you get 1, if you buy 99, you still get 1... if you want more than one, you need to buy in increments of 10)

I caught the SHINY Giratina with a Primer Ball, I wanted a shiny one for so long, and I happened to catch it in one throw. (1 HP remaining on it, lol)

I saved in front of Giratina and fought it, if it wasn't shiny, RESET, try again... I resert my sisters DS over 4000 times I think... took me 5 days... lol.
    But I NEEDED a Shiny one... I'm going on a shiny run, Shiny Pokemans only. (Except my starter...)

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Poké Ball (without AR). No joke. I caught Giratina, Rotom, Azelf and Uxie in Poké Balls (in my Diamond I caught Dialga, Azelf and Uxie in Poké Balls). It seems funny when you can look at other AR newbies using Master Balls on everything they catch and then looking at your own noticing "Pfft. I caught 'em in Poké Balls. Eat that."

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I caught it in a Dusk Ball. I think it fits Giratina quite well, being part Ghost and appearing out of a dark-colored ball. It was a pretty easy capture, all things considered.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    I was hiding my Master Ball and I used it for Giratina.:)

TeamRocketApollo

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    On my platinum, I was extremely lucky and caught it with a pokeball. I had like 999 pokeballs cause I kept buying them. I had a lot of ultra balls to, but I used the poke ball and I caught it. I was shocked!

Years
    The Distortion World greatly annoyed and frustrated me until I suddenly realized that it was pretty simple so by the time I got to Garitina I just thought stuff it and used the Master Ball.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    After using many different types of Poké Balls including (normal , great and ultra) I finally caught it a dusk ball like many others :)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I used the Masterball on it in Platinum, by the time I got to him I was so bored of the Distortion World I just wanted out of there as fast as possible.

Back