• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

monkeybard

boop
Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    A Pokeball =D My Staraptor hit it with Fly, Aerial Ace, Aerial Ace and then I chucked a Pokeball. I caught my Mewtwo in LeafGreen using a Pokeball too. I always get lucky with my Pokeballs in the end.

-♪

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • I got really pissed off at it. I already threw like the only Pokeballs in my bag, which was 6 Pokeballs. Yeh I was pretty unprepared, but, I found out that I had a Master Ball in my bag, so I really didn't care if it was gone and I captured Giratina with it. :)

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
  • I caught Giratina in my diamond recently. All I had to do was weaken it. I caught it in a dusk ball, first try. Why did I choose a dusk ball? It's kinda obvious, actually. Afterwards, I called it... Li'l Paco, after my Giratina Plushie! :D

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Caught him with a dusk ball the first time. But when i finally got enough play time for him to show up again, I caught him with a premiere ball. "Real men catch legends with regular pokeballs :D" It was a real pain to do so though.

Years
  • Went in totally unprepared because I didn't know what to expect and hadn't saved in a long while. Only had about 20 ultra balls and a couple pokeballs haha. After about 10 resets I finally caught it in an ultra ball. :3

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
  • I rock.

Diamond-Giratina was really easy, I caught it on my first try with my fourth Great Ball.
    Pearl-For some reason, Giratina was reasonably harder here, simply because I fought it with all level 90s. Caught it on my second try with a Quick Ball.
    Platinum-Oh, this Giratina was WAY harder than the last two. I chose Torterra on here, and most of my Pokemon were ground types, so levitate killed me. Caught it on my 21st try with a Timer Ball.
    HGSS-I can't read Japanese, but it was still easy to get. I was in the Shinto Ruins or something (Serebii.net gives good translating!) and I picked Giratina.
    I have the Arceus for the English version on my Diamond, so I may pick Giratina tomorrow. (:D :D :D :D HGSS OUT TOMMOWOW IN ENGWISH!) (That means: HeartGold and SoulSilver out tomorrow in english!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    i just make its HP turns red, and throw a Dusk Ball. Luckily, it's caught on first try(i think i'm really lucky for that :P)

PKMN Trainer Red!

A former trainer champion...
    Years
  • I used pokeball in my pokemon platinum to catch Giratina!
    well i got about 99 pokeballs and after i caught Giratina i was left with 72 pokeballs....
    it took alot of time and pokeballs but was okay>.<

Ciz Adartse

• Damn •
    Years
  • Hahaha... I haven't caught Giratina... Yet..

But i was stupidly planning to stock up 100 PokeBalls :D

Yet, i would use the Dusk Ball instead.

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    A Master Ball. That crazy phantom/dragon thing is very hard to catch.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    A Luxury Ball (with about 1/10 Life, and paralyzed, Giratina was fairly easy)
    I try to catch all the Pokemon I can with Luxury Balls (love them for some reason....) costs a
    bundle in the end, but worth it for me, especially since I rarely buy anything (except TMs, Full Restores and Revives ><)

Poke Balls are just uglier versions of Luxury Balls :laugh:, which is the best ball ever made (besides the epic Master Ball, which I only used for Cresselia, that dodgy moon)

Charmander__

Pwning n00bs since 1997
    Years
  • I used a ton of Ultra Balls on all the other legendaries, so I naturally used a Masterball. :3 I needed a break. :P

Back