• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
  • I caught mine with an ultra ball. Though in the original silver I caught ho-Oh with the first pokeball I threw. I was so happy!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Amazingly enough, I caught Lugia with a pokeball and Ho-Oh with a dusk ball. :p

Years
  • I caught Lugia with a masterball. (I still dont know why I did that) I got lucky and caught Ho-Oh with a great ball. I had thrown every other ball I had and was like D= but it worked.

Years
  • I caught them both with Heavy Ball.

I try not to catch anything with the master ball. >.> I save it for harder-to-catch things later in the game.

Years
  • My thread still lives?! XD.

Um, I just captured Lugia with a Heavy Ball. It. Was. HARD DX. That thing would not stay in, even after being super weak from False Swipe and being asleep. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE.

It took me an hour :o

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • My thread still lives?! XD.

Um, I just captured Lugia with a Heavy Ball. It. Was. HARD DX. That thing would not stay in, even after being super weak from False Swipe and being asleep. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE.
    It took me an hour :o

I caught Lugia in a Dusk Ball, and the second one at that XD! It had about 23% of its Hit points, and no statuses. I must be lucky. Or I was playing SS.
    Oh, I caught Entei in a Ultra Ball, and Raikou in a Dusk Ball. I'd tell ya 'bout my legends on pearl, but this thread is'nt in that section.

Years
  • After paralyzing it (and it seemed like it was on it's last HP) and throwing ball after ball after ball and i could never get Lugia. I was soft reseting for a while and after maybe the 20th time i just said, 'screw this,' and used the Masterball. I have no perseverance. =/

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
  • Shiny Ho-oh in an ultra ball. I wish I would've used a fast ball or something though....

I haven't taken the time to try for shiny lugia yet

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    I just got Lugia, Entei, and Raikou in Dusk Balls in the last half hour, all on pretty low HP but no statuses. Considering I spent about 4 hours today trying to catch the latter two, I just threw a dusk ball at each of them in the next encounter after I got Lugia and caught them :|
    Go figure.

Years
  • Soul silver - throw around 10 ultra balls then 2,3 premier balls..i caught mewtwo just 3 or 4 ultra balls...lucky..
    Heart gold - throw 8 ultra balls, 6 premier balls then 1 master ball....

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Yeah Mewtwo has always been around 3-7 in all Pokemon games. But i caught My Ho-oh with an Ultra ball on like the 10th throw after restarting twice. It was such a relief.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    I catch all my legends in premier balls.

I like the release animation.

Back