• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
  • luxury ball :D I hate using ultra balls on legendaries, they're such a waste. quick balls are usually the best but I threw a quick ball at ho oh and it didn't catch. so I threw a luxury for the heck of it and it was caught. **full health

sirindair

Not Here
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    Heavy ball for Lugia. Ultra ball for Ho-oh. Ho-oh took only 3 tries too. :]

tobi-ksla

Years
  • I used a MASTER BALL on Ho-oh. I don't mind, I don't care, and the following paragraphs will explain why:

You see, I bought HeartGold because of the new breeding mechanic that helps in IV Breeding. I told myself that once I beat the Elite Four, I'll start breeding. I really wanted to get my Water Team ready as soon as possible, especially since I stopped breeding for a few months so that I could go wait for HeartGold.

... Sure, when I played HeartGold, I took my time. I rushed Gold version back then, so I wanted to savor the adventure this time with HeartGold. I even spent some time trying out that card flip game in the game corner. Managed to get to the highest level, I think. But anyway, I lost all my patience when I got to Ho-oh. Seriously, it wouldn't stay inside the ball! So there. I used that Master Ball on him. Do I care? No. I've kept my patience ever since I started the game. Using that Master Ball was a small price to pay for everlasting sanity.

Did I ever finish breeding my Water Team? Yeah. Pretty much. (Now, if only the 5th Gen came later... But oh well...)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    I catch them with a plain Poké Ball. I just paralyzed it, dwindled its HP to red, and reduced its accuracy. I don't soft-reset for a shiny and I don't plan on using a legendary in any battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    I was lazy, just used the Master Ball on Ho-oh, and I think I caught Lugia in an Ultra Ball.
    I have never soft reset to get a shiny legendary... I wish I had the patience to though.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • The first time, I caught Ho-oh in a great ball, second time, I just used a master ball because I was lazy. I caught Lugia in an ultra, because it was a higher level for me than Ho-oh.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I used Masterball on Lugia, but I've not used any ball for Ho-oh.. I can't catch the damned thing..

What a wretched Pokemon.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • Master Ball since I hate it how you are forced to battle it, and forgot about the rematch thing and just wanted to get to the e4 asap.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    i tried using my ultra balls but i got too sick of waiting and used a master ball instead. i reset the game like 10 over times trying to get lugia wasting about 1hr

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • A large amount of Pokeballs as I was being too cheap to buy others. Haha.
    Probably was more than 50 Pokeballs trying to catch Lugia.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I caught my lugia in SS recently with a pokeball, YES A POKEBALL. I literally just went down the list of different "balls" after I ran out of ultra and luckily I caught one with a pokeball.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Caught Lugia about an hour ago on my first turn using a Heavy Ball ^_^ Was dead happy that I got it on my first turn and without using a Master Ball.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Um lets see, I used my masterball to catch Ho-oh, the one you get from Professor Elm. Then I cloned a few (alot lol) of masterballs on emerald and transferred them to Heartgold to catch the rest of the legendaries. NO THIS IS NOT CHEATING! It was a legit glitch in emerald. sue me. xD But I did manage to catch Suicune in a great ball!

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
  • in ss i used tons of ultra balls to lugia and then with my first dusk ball he was caught for ho-oh i bought 70 ultra balls but he was caught with fourth or fifth ultra ball

Back