• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
Years
  • I only have 6 badges! aha. :p

But on my last reset ; Gengar used Shawdow Ball! A critical hit! (Ho-oh is down to around 2-5 hp)
    Ho-oh used Sunny Day!
    Gengar used Hypnosis!
    Ho-oh fell asleep!
    [player] used a Ulrta Ball!
    Ho-oh is caught! My first try. :'3
    Then I caught Lugia with a heavy ball.

This time, I'm not planning to use those two. I'll prob catch them then release them.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • HO ho was easy stuff . Lugia took me an ultra ball at have health was hard though . Liol I always keep masterballs and never use for some reason

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I use what I always use.
    My trusty....
    dusk-ball.png

I always use my dusk ball, since I always play at night. I also like the dusk ball. I probably could have caught Lugia with an ultra or a great, but I wanted to use a dusk ball for some reason.

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
  • Ultra Balls mostly, though in my English SS I caught Lugia in a Heavy Ball.

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I used an Ultra Ball on both of them. I had to save my Master Ball on the Legendary Dogs like I usually do. It didn't take so long to catch Lugia (It took me maybe 5 minutes with 10 Ultra Balls) but Ho-oh was terrible. I had to reset about 10 times before I finally caught him. After I caught Lugia I started training him with the three Pokemon I usually train in the game. I never really use Ho-oh. I will probably use him to defeat Red.

Years
  • I don't even remember. I'm sure it was either a dusk ball or ultra ball. I'd have to check.

Nevermind, I guess I used a heavy ball.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I used Master Ball. ;) Then the rest of legends are very hard to catch. Specially Suicune. :P

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
    Years
  • I had already caught Entei and Raikou and they were damn hard to catch, and I knew Ho-Oh had the same catch rate, so I just did the lazy thing and threw my master ball. I had nothing else to catch with it anyway XD

Vectron

New Account=Faolan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    I used ultra balls on all but latios, which I used a master ball. (Gotta love latios!)

Back