• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What bugs you in a ROM Hack?

Years
    Generally rom hacks are all unique in their own way; however what bugs me the most with Rom Hacking in it's entirety is people making promises they either put no effort or half-the-amount of what they promised into it; or when they just DONT finish it.

People get busy; but if you're going to make something promising and then just...disappear, that's not cool. At least have the common decency to say your not working on it anymore.

Also; badly made Fakemon; I'll give some games credit in that the Fakemon are really nice, but please for the love of god, if you're going to include fakemon, don't make them yourself unless you're artistically inclined.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Hello everybody! My name is frog, and I'm making a ROM Hack. I have some ideas I might want to use, but I have a question. What bugs you in a ROM Hack? In other words, what do you not like in a rom hack? Kind of a short post, but I want to hear your opinions!

EDIT: 9/10/15 Try not to put "Bad English" in your posts. Yes, we can all agree that it's annoying.

-Mixed official tiles, as in having some HG/SS Tiles along B/W ones, for example.
    -Awfully designed fakemons.
    -When someone stops developing his HackROM for whatever reason, and simply decides not to leave it to anyone else to keep working on it instead.
    -Unnecessarily high encounter rate, as in 1 wild pokemon per 2/3 steps.
    -Having the starters on the first route/s of the game.

And this is something that the big majority of the community do:
    COMPLETELY. WASTE. THE "Item held by Wild Pokemons". FEATURE. INSIDE THE ROMs.
    Am I the only one over here that actually thinks on the Mega Evolution Stones or at least some of them being fitting for such a feature?

Last edited:
    Back