• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Did You Catch First?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Like everyone else, my first catch was a Lillipup.

HOWEVER NOW IT IS A MIGHTY STOUTLAND

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • Well the first Pokemon I obtained other than my starter was Pansear, who I only used until I got Victini. The first Pokemon I caught was a Patrat HM slave :/

OceanBluue

Water Pokemon Lover
    Years
  • Patrat... ¬_¬
    I wanted Lillipup to be my first, but there was an infestation of Patrat I couldn't escape.

The same thing happened to me.

I tried to slowly get past the first patch of grass, because all the Lillipups are in the 2nd patch, but unfortunately I was stopped by a herd of Patrats, Generation 5's Bidoof -.-

Lillipup was the first pokemon I caught :)

Years
  • Lillipup... it came with a Nugget on it though. That terrier is a beast with that Pick Up ability, haha.

And I actually leveled it for a while even though I rarely level up the early game Normal Pokemon. Something about it bouncing up and down while fighting just made me laugh everytime.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Because it's a new region I always like to try and catch every pokemon I see. So unfortunately that would mean like almost everyone else I caught a patrat, then a lillipup.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    My first one was Patrat and that was just like the Rattata of the Fifth Gen. So the first official Pokemon I caught is Lillpup. As I brought both games and waiting for the third re-version, I go a catch some Pokemon in a different way.

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    The second Pokemon I got after my Oshawott, was Pansear from the Dream Yard.
    But the first Pokemon I caught was my Sewaddle in Pin Wheel Forest, the second member of my team.

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Out of like 5 Patrats, I only found one Lillipup. Lillipup was my first caught. Its name is Barker and currently the highest level and strongest pokemon of my team.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When I first played B/W, all that appeared were Patrat's, Erica wanted me to get one and name it after Bieber but in the end I decided to capture the first Lillipup I saw. :D It's now level 39 thanks to the daycare, lol.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I skipped on Patrat and Lillipup. My first catch was Throh to use against against the normal gym.

Back