• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My red Gyarados just stays in my PC forever and ever. :/ At that point in the game I already have a good enough Water-type, and I never use HM Slaves for Surf so I have no need for the Gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2013
    The Shiny Gyarados has found a new home for someone who traded me an Pokemon that I cannot recall at the moment. I never plan on using any Gyarados on my Team ever, I have my team of Remoraids that are far more important than that one shiny Gyarados :P

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    HM Slave of course. I love my slaves..Currently have two :D. Mah Red Gyarados with all HM moves, Whirlpool. Waterfall, Rock Smash, Strength. And my Farfetch'D With Fly, Cut, and some of its moves from before. Dont you just luuurve slaves? At first though, I was fully planning on using my Gyarados as a Water type for my team..And when I caught it, it was only like 2 levels below my strongest Poke, and was higher than everything else, but I never really had the need to use it..So eventually I broke down and slapped Waterfall and Whirpool on it, and then later on Strength and Rock Smash...Now its only time to shine is to use it as a filler to heal/revive Lugia, Togetic, or Typhlosion, or to get through whirpools, smash rocks for hidden goodies or Pokes, climb up those annoying waterfalls, or move those heavy boulders :D.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    In my first playthrough of SS, I didn't use him and instead used him as HM slave (Who is so crazy to teach your own pokémon Whirlpool?) But now I'm going to use him in my main team, but first, I'll SR for a nice IV'd one and a nice natured. After that I'll EV train him and stuff.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Like apparently everyone else, I just caught Gyarados to use him as an HM Slave. He was ridiculously underleveled compared to the rest of my team anyway so it's not like it would have been useful for much unless I wanted to extensively train him. :<

...and then after that I just boxed him. :x

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I caught him but didn't use him as an HM Slave but boxed him, never to see the light again (as you put it xD).

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    GYARADOS has amazing stats.... it can be a great company, I used it as my only pokemon to battle and defeat lance...

HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE TO INSULT GYARADOS!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Mine is lying in my pc. Waiting to see the light.

Last edited:

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Boxed up, Never to see the face of its trainer again... I has a better shiny.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I left it in the box. :D I might've used it in the Pokewalker once, though, buut other than that, I left it alone.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    In my first SS walkthrough, I decided to use it in my team since it's my first shiny ever. Now, when I look at it, it looks like a pink Gyarados so the next playthroughs, I let it sitting in my box.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    You bet I caught it! I also love Gyrados so I had to use it. I think Gyrados looks so awesome in red! It is lv. 79 right now and I plan on getting it to lv. 100.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Mine was used as a HM Slave and Trophy Pokemon. I taught it Waterfall to get around, and I stored it in the PC Boxes, like a trophy. Plus it needed Waterfall (a decent physical Water move), so I see it more as a trophy, than a HM slave. :)

Back