• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What did you get from the mystery egg?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
  • Which baby pokemon did you hatch from the Egg that you recieve in the daycare in Crystal?

Mine hatched into a Magby which is now a Magmar in my team. Unfortunately though, it's not shiny.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I wonder if I can remember this far back, lol!

I remember getting a shiny Igglybuff, 2 shiny Elekid, a Magby, and a Cleffa throughout my multiple runs in Crystal (I had 3 games). I think I only raised the Iggy to level 12... I miss Crystal. D:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My first play through, I got a Smoochum. Second time (and current) I got Pichu. Neither were shiny. I did train the Smoochum, though, but not the Pichu.

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    most recently, i got an elekid, but i remember getting a shiny smoochum when i was younger, but at the time, i didn't realize it was shiny and started a new game :X

Years
  • I've only played one Crystal playthrough on my original cartridge since I bought it on release date. I got an Igglybuff in that egg. At the time, I didn't know that the egg had a very good chance of containing a shiny so I never soft-reset for one. I should have at least soft-reset for a Pokemon I actually care for because I would have really like to have an Elekid, Jynx, or a Tyrouge since those 3 appear late in the game.

Ayselipera

The farthest back I can remember is a Tyrouge hatching out. I'm not 100% on that though.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I only picked it once , and it became a shiny Tyrogue . I nicked him Fight and he is now a Hitmontop in my Gold's box !

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I freaked out because I got a shiny Elekid! Slim chances. It was weird. I have never witnessed a wild shiny before (besides red Gyrados)

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    The first time i got a shiny magikarp!
    The second time i got a shiny larvitar

Back